Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here.

Well, we're coming into the home stretch.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She puttered around her apartment getting things ready to pack, but her heart was not in it. So many things seemed to be impossible to move. So many pieces of her life that she would wind up leaving behind. The thought that, one of those things that she was leaving behind, perhaps forever was Clark, brought back the sobs of the previous day's trip to the Wichita airport.

Oh Wow! This Lois is very different from the one who went to Smallville with Clark. See, those amber waves of grains got to the hard bitten reporter.

In the background, an unidentifiable voice shouted, "That's it, Clark! Show her who is going to wear the pants in the family."

Whoever this person was, they must have a death wish!

Clark slowly stepped closer to her as he spoke, "So … Lois … marry me. Because I'd like to date you."

Cat Grant was looking on in disbelief and shock at what was happening. Denise from research had her hands clasped and a smile on her face. Eduardo was watching in rapt attention. Jimmy had set the box down on Lois’s old desk and stepped away, still watching the drama unfold. Steve from sports had a satisfied expression because he, of all the staff, had seen this coming. It had been his voice heard earlier. All eyes in the bullpen were on them.

Ya know, I can see the camera going from face to face. Steve is a bold, brave fella!

Clark spoke up, "Mr. Ramsbottom, we are serious about this marriage. I … we want to make it work. Now, here's something for you to consider, you just signed both of the documents which confirmed our marriage. If you chose to prosecute us then you will also be prosecuted because you are now an … accessory."

The phone fell from his fingers to clatter to his desk as Mr. Ramsbottom blanched at his statement. "What did you say?"

"I said that by signing that document you became an accessory and if you chose to prosecute us, you will also be charged."

Mr. Ramsbottom was stunned by this outcome. Now he dropped into his chair, his legs too weak to sustain him and muttered, "Charged ... accessory. How did this happen to me?"

This could not have happened to a better guy. He was too smug for his own good.

I like the changes. This was much better than the original document!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, Lois has changed ... a lot.

Steve was the guy that Clark had gotten the shirt from a few days earlier when Clark had spilled the coffee. They had become friends.

Yeah, Ramsbottom needed to be pulled up short.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard