Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266758 10/25/15 02:10 AM
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Quick question: Does Clark's bed have a headboard? Anyone have a screenshot of his bed or know off hand what episode I might see it in? Not for any particular nefarious reason, of course. wink devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
groobie #266760 10/25/15 02:34 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought it was just up against the brick, especially during his bachelor days. I can't remember if they had one when they were living in his apartment at the beginning of their marriage or not. Pretty sure they had one in the house.

Alas, my go-to screenshot site has been taken down.

After a little searching:

End of HiM - pillow against the brick

Appears to still not be a headboard when married and in Clark's apartment

Can't find a good one of the house and it's getting late. I hope this helps though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

groobie #266761 10/25/15 02:45 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I concur with DC. No headboard.

My BAD! /blushes/ After a quick check of 3D L&C Sets (sadly, not including Lois's apartment), it appears that Clark has a minor bookcase / headboard. [Linked Image] Of course! That's where Lois see's the picture of Alt-Clark and Lana in Tempus, Anyone? that Lois picks up, rolls her eyes at, and sets back down, mumbling, "I've got to get home." (or something like that).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
groobie #266763 10/25/15 02:58 AM
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the quick check! I can go with the brick...it fits my timeline. It's a minor plot point anyway. Oh, who am I kidding? This detail has nothing to do with plot! LOL

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
groobie #266764 10/25/15 03:02 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, there is some sort of headboard--short, wood, shelve/cubby-looking that is there during the time at Clark's apartment (I can pretty vividly picture it b/c my dad made a very similar headboard in a high school woodworking class that I then had as my bed set-up when I lived at home...seeing it--a pretty similar-looking piece of furniture--on the show, back when I was a teen, I thought was pretty 'cool' wink ).

HIM was also where my mind went for looking at an example of the headboard...the lovely telephone conversation at the end. Or...in HOL I think Lois and Clark talk on the phone while also each in bed? Clark is a bit scruffy--they'd been missing each other grin.

If memory serves me right (and it might not tonight--late night chick flick movie night with Mom just wrapping up while she's visiting this weekend smile ), I for some reason go straight to a vision of a wrought iron bed frame (at the brownstone)? huh. Brown/metal colored?

Laura (who is mighty curious about this research topic... hyper devil )

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
groobie #266765 10/25/15 03:08 AM
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sounds like it's short enough that she could reach over it to brace her palms against the wall and...

Ahem...moving right along! devil

LOL...oh, Laura, you KNOW what I'm working on. But maybe I should send you the first 23 pages now...

groobie #266766 10/25/15 03:26 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely know the project you are referring to...but enjoyed a sneak peak at this particular detail when logging on here tonight wink.

Laura (who, as a huge fan of Susan's writing, wonders if it potentially might be more torturous to get the first 23 pages and have to wait--pacing, non-stop, back and forth in excitement--for the rest down the road help ).

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
groobie #266804 10/26/15 05:03 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sounds like it's short enough that she could reach over it to brace her palms against the wall and...
That's an...interesting development...

[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
groobie #266807 10/26/15 06:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
While watching some of my random favourite scenes earlier tonight I came across the perfect shot of the bed and its wooden bed header/bookshelf...

[Linked Image]

Prizes for who knows which scene this is. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
groobie #266810 10/26/15 06:33 PM
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
LOL...well, seems the set designers weren't particularly consistent! Time frame is WWW/ATAI. We can put it to a vote, if you'd like...palms pressed up against the wall or holding onto that headboard for dear life? devil

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
While watching some of my random favourite scenes earlier tonight I came across the perfect shot of the bed and its wooden bed header/bookshelf...

[Linked Image]

Are you kidding, aren't you? Piece of cake! 4X05, Brutal youth... "The only thing I'd like more would be... More!" grin
By the way, this is the "married couple" arrangement: I saw HiM last night and there was no headboard, just bricks showing wink
(I vote for the wall, it's... Sturdier! :P)

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent

[Linked Image]

Gonna go with ceiling sex scene. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard