Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mike M Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! Lucius is definitely the pre-soul of Lex Luthor. Ugh. He cares nothing for what Lavinia has to say or what her interests are as long as he can squirrel her away from her father and get her alone. I'm glad that Lavinia has already had her head turned by the Avenger before arriving in Kentham and meeting the 8th Earl.

What other activities and financial pursuits does Lucius do while in London, besides update his wardrobe? Are they legal?

Cedric seems like a good sort of man and I hope he doesn't allow poor Lavinia too much time alone with his uncle while he visits those on the estate. I hope that Lucius isn't going to try to do something improper to seduce Lavinia and ruin her honorable name, especially while Cedric is out of the house. It is clear to me that Lucius's intentions are not honorable!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
"Are they legal?"

I would say probably not. ;-)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Love that you are posting so quickly, and so many updates. You have the style and wordplay completely perfect clap

I know I'm not alone in guessing who the respective characters are supposed to represent, and we are probably all convinced that the Earl is Lex and that Cedric is Clark.

Cannot wait for Lavinia and Cedric to have a reasonable amount of time to talk ... and then I'm sure that she will notice ... things.

Thanks and keep up with the posting. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Thank you! Glad to hear that the "style and wordplay" are working well!

Cannot wait for Lavinia and Cedric to have a reasonable amount of time to talk ... and then I'm sure that she will notice ... things.

It won't be much longer now. :-) Just as in MMIKC, the early part of the story has to establish the characters and the scene, but once that's done, and things get going ... whoa! ;-)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm hooked! clap
Being a non native speaker, at first I was like: "Whoa! This is going to be a little challenging..." - especially reading the dialogue lines of the highwaymen in the first chapter (where the dictionary couldn't help and I had to just figure up what the characters were saying). Anyway, now I'm getting into the story and enjoying its Zorro-ish plot... I just have to use my Oxford a little more often wink Love me some old-fashioned words! grin

P.S.: Fifteen years?! How did you manage to keep this gem to yourself for so long? I guess we really need to thank your friend for persuading you to pull that drawer open... :P

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Glad you're enjoying it. Slang and dialects can be challenging, so I know what you mean. It usually helps me to try and say it out loud when I encounter it in other writer's work. Not always, but most times. :-) There will be some more of that later on, but it's not all through the story, so I hope you won't have to overwork your Oxford!

P.S.: Fifteen years?! How did you manage to keep this gem to yourself for so long? I guess we really need to thank your friend for persuading you to pull that drawer open... :P
15 years ... I know! Not sure where the time went. Couldn't believe it when I pulled it out and saw the date on it! It's been tremendous fun working on it again and it's really nice being back. I've been dipping my toe into some of the stories here, but I'm looking forward to diving in once I figure out where to start. So many to choose from! Nice to know the fandom is still so active and vibrant.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, now we know where Lex got a lot of his evil tendencies! Ugg--Lucius is wonderfully fun to dislike smile...

Cedric--hopefully you'll get back here quick...I'm very much looking forward to--'Cedric & Lavinia: The New Adventures of the Masked Avenger' wink.

Laura

I've been actively reading here on the boards for a few years now, Chris. The stories that have posted during that timeframe have been amazing. Welcome back and Enjoy smile.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Cedric--hopefully you'll get back here quick...I'm very much looking forward to--'Cedric & Lavinia: The New Adventures of the Masked Avenger'
LOL! They could go around saving England ... one county at a time!

I've been actively reading here on the boards for a few years now, Chris. The stories that have posted during that timeframe have been amazing. Welcome back and Enjoy
Thanks, Laura! It's great to be back, and I've liked what I've read so far. I've been keeping to the shorter ones to begin with, but I'm looking forward to tackling the longer ones as I get more time. Our first grandchild is only three weeks old. We're lucky that the kids live close by, so I'm over there helping out 3-4 times a week. You'll be glad to know that I've already promised him that we'll watch L&C eps together when he's older. ;-)

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww--congratulations! I know, I have a 4 and 6 year old. They know who
Superman is, know that I like a show about Superman...now to start watching with them smile. Any time now...can-not-wait!

That's wonderful that you all live close by one another! How great!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
I know, I have a 4 and 6 year old. They know who
Superman is, know that I like a show about Superman...now to start watching with them smile. Any time now...can-not-wait!
"4 and 6"--they are at a good age for superhero stories. :-)

When the show first aired our kids were 12 and 9. It was so much fun watching it together. It will be nice to share it with the next generation! I can hardly wait!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard