Next Thread
Print Thread
#266757 10/25/15 01:53 AM
Mike M Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Ouch! We're certainly in a WAFF-free zone, aren't we? frown Lois has put her walls back up, and Clark's got his defenses raised, too, so we're in for a lot of hurt, distance, and pain. I'm anxious to see which one of them takes the first steps towards reconciliation. You've done a really good job building the tension in this story.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've got to say, I love the scene where Lois is in the bathroom. The characterization of Lois is spot on! I love that you didn't make her back down and ask for help from Jack, Perry, or Jimmy. This is exactly what she needed to get back on her feet, not coddling. (Jimmy was right about that!) So, by not being there for Lois, Clark is actually doing Lois a favor. He's bringing her back to herself.

I can see her being angry at Clark for not being there for him, but she seems to be coming to the realization that she wasn't there for him, either. By not being there for Lois on her wedding day, it puts Clark is a stronger position (as equals) in their future relationship.

Yea! hyper for Henderson for not fudging on his exclusive to Clark. He's going to make Lois work (grovel) to be let back onto the team she abandoned.

The pain, hurt, and tension between Lois and Clark is beautifully done. I feel for both of them without picking sides.

Three days have passed and still no powers. frown How long will this last?! mecry Will people start to ask questions about the missing Superman? Will Lois?

I can't wait to see where this rocky truce / continuation of their friendship will lead.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I read the two chapters at once (someway I missed the first one when it was posted). I'm hooked! clap It's a new take on a part of the series that has been rewritten over and over. And in my opinion it's more realistic. I agree with you, it was glossed over in the series. In real life it wouldn't be so easy to bounce back after such a messy and awkward situation and after months of angry words and hurt feelings. Just please, don't leave us half way. I feel so disappointed when I get invested with a story that is left unfinished. wallbash Readers here are loyal, so we'll be always reading, even it it takes a long time to finish the story.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next part! hyper And welcome to the boards! wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
This is full of beautiful characterisation, and the rose-tinted glasses are firmly off. Lois's thoughts are telling. Her brief acknowledgement that she owes Clark an apology is more than balanced by acusations of betrayal and comments that he is useful -all summed up by her shock that HE is stranger-zoning HER. His thoughts, needs and troubles don't come into it. Despite his expectations, she doesn't even ask him where he was. Maybe now he's cutting her out she will realise how little she is contributing to their friendship.

Clark's reaction is far more believable, too. The crux is not that she turned him down; to assume that those we love will always love us is a fantasy. If every person rejected went into meltdown, we'd have problems. However, the complexity of his reaction emphasises that this is about more than spurned affection, wilful blindness and lack of trust; it's about her dismissal of him as an individual, and her complicity in the events that led to his torture. Not to mention the deaths of those he might otherwise have helped.

Anyway, I'm loving it, and can't wait to see where you go from here!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am really enjoying how you are taking us 'here'-- to a very realistic place after all of the hurt brought about by Lois' engagement to Lex. And you are leading us down that road so well.

Great feeling, great confusion. Clark's distance--which we seldom see--is very much like a punch to the gut. Lois really hurt him...she needs to see this, and appreciate him.

Looking forward to more--can not wait! smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Blogger
Blogger
N
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate all the feedback! I can see why people get hooked on writing fan fiction wink It's a really different experience than writing my own books.

Virginia, I love that you pointed out their separation is actually a good thing! It's one of the things I hated about this point in the series. They really need the time apart in order to be forced to grow and I think (although obviously it isn't feasible for a TV show that's trying to prolong a series) it could have short-cutted some of the personal development that happens later (or at least we see the results of it later).

Ultra woman, I don't really foresee any scenario where I don't finish this now that I've started posting it. I'm pretty OCD about finishing stuff, and a) I love this fic and b) it's keeping me from working on my own stuff, so I kinda have to finish it. I'm in the middle of publishing my second book and my third book is outlined and the first two pages written. I took a break on my own writing when I was really sick and now I'm kinda stuck with this until I finish it smile

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard