Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mike M Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here...

Last edited by Mike M; 10/23/15 07:32 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
He might have been trying to reassure her, but Mademoiselle Lavinia Marie Celestine Le Mersurer was not a female to be "had" by any man!
"Release me at once, you bully!" She pounded at his chest and arms with her fists, but he held her all the tighter. "Imbecile!" she raged at him. "Let me go ... à l'instant!"
Yes. Lavinia is now "Lavinios" in my mind. French and feisty.

Uttering a breathless scream, she watched in terror, waiting for the deathblow she expected to feel. Instead she felt her bonds loosening, and realised that he was cutting the ropes which held her to her terrifying transport. Before she'd had time to fully assimilate that bit of intelligence, she was being lifted by one powerful arm, and swept onto the robber's horse.
"Release me at once, you bully!" She pounded at his chest and arms with her fists, but he held her all the tighter. "Imbecile!" she raged at him. "Let me go ... à l'instant!"
She raged at him for the next few minutes, but he kept refusing to do as she wished, keeping his horse on a slow, steady pace back to the coach. Finally, worn out and overwhelmed by all that had happened that night, her English completely deserted her and she lapsed into her native tongue, capping her assessment of his character with an oath no lady should know.
Uh, Lavinios, if you think a deathblow is coming any moment, maybe you could try to be nicer to the guy, negotiate. [Linked Image] Oops, I forgot, this is Lois. Never let it be said she doesn't speak her mind. Even if it is the last thing she ever says!!

...an English highwayman who knows French?" She was intrigued now, and sat quietly in his arms, trying to see what she could of his face despite the near darkness and his mask. In her astonishment, she had continued speaking in French, and he answered her in that tongue.
A rescuing highwayman who speaks both English and French. Wears a mask. I'd be intrigued too.

Strong and brave throughout her ordeal thus far, she was defenceless against his gently uttered endearment, and her energy deserted her. Suddenly she was aware of the night's chill, her chafed wrists and the places on her arms and sides where she'd been roughly handled by the robbers. She trembled and sagged against him. Concerned, he stopped the horse so that he might put both arms around her. She felt one of his hands come up to caress the back of her head, while his other arm enveloped her in a protective embrace. Inexplicably, she had never felt safer in her life.
Yes. Lois always felt safe in Clark's arms. And Clark, always the consummate gentlemen.

He brought his cloak around her, enveloping her in warmth. Holding the edges of it together, along with the reins, she could sense that he was extending his arms awkwardly to accommodate her. It seemed only polite to lean against him once more, but only (she told herself) so that he wouldn't have to keep his arms in that uncomfortable position. Once they had set off again, she wanted to know why, if he wasn't a highwayman, he was riding about masquerading as one.
Yes, enveloped in his cape. Cloak, I meant cloak. She is content for all of 60 seconds before she starts drilling him for answers.

He smiled to himself as he felt her relax against him once more. "I wanted to stop the villainy I saw about me, and so I disguised myself as a villain in order to catch those who would prey upon the helpless."
Oh yeah. This is Clark. I would know him anywhere in any disguise. Even if he were just an ordinary highwayman.

"Is that why you wear that mask, monsieur? So that they will not know who you are?"

"Vraiment! If they discover who I really am, they might be able to kill me."

Her cheeks paled at the thought. "Mon Dieu! I will never tell a soul, I swear!"
Yes, Lavinios, I am ordinary man. Don't need kryptonite to kill me. But exposing my true identity will certainly do it. Nice to know that Lois will keep the secret. [Linked Image]

Tired out from her adventures, she was content to let someone else be in charge. She'd had to be the strong one for so long now.
Well, this is an AU Lois.

C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
In the spirit of the 30th anniversary of "Back to the Future" to quote the Doc: "Marty, you're not thinking 4th dimensionally!"

Even though I'm dealing with the souls of Lois and Clark, I have to consider the time and space within which they exist in this story--the late 18th century. For her time, I think you'll find that Lavinia is quite independent and strong--I mean she was taking on a couple of highwaymen all by herself, and wait until you see all that she does as the story unfolds! She can't (in my opinion) be exactly like the Lois we know from the show because Lavinia was born, raised and lived during a time when women led very different lives: they couldn't own property or work at say, a newspaper office. :-) I will, however, try to make her a worthy match for our hero. Thanks for the feedback!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely! I am really enjoying this story...

Even though the time is different, they are different, the circumstances are different, that special 'spark' that is 'Lois and Clark' is definitely there smile.

Really enjoying where you are taking us,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Thanks, Laura! Glad to hear you're enjoying the story. :-)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard