Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mike M Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments go here...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Chris,

Welcome back to the message boards after such a long hiatus. [Linked Image] Your 1998 Kerth-winning story "Meet Me in Kansas City" is one of my all time favorites.

A Lois and Clark Regency romance? How intriguingly romantic.

Someone tall and menacing, clothed all in black, stood over him,.... There was a flash of steel and the sharp sound of something very solid hitting something very thick....
Tall? Dark? Solid? Clark in another colored suit?

... his horse finally freed itself and bounded off into the woods with its unwelcome, and unwilling, passenger. A fearful father barely had time to cry out, "Lavinia, ma chérie! Au secours! Au secours!"

Our Lois/Lavinia in peril? And French, no less!

This is starting off to be a great adventure.

C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Thank you! It's nice to be back. :-) I appreciate the compliment about MMIKC! It was a fun story to write. I hope you'll enjoy this one at least as much.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You had me at Regency! [Linked Image] No time for more FDK! But as I see that the next part is already posted, I must posthast to see how the poor robbers... I mean, Lavinia fares. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois name is Lavinia? Now that's different!

Georgette Heyer? Have not heard that name in years, but it is welcome to see. Since this is set in the time of Regency, Clark won't have any powers?

Have to agree with VirginiaR ... poor robbers!

So tell me, what is your posting schedule going to be?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
At the moment, I'm planning to post a new part every other day. Hope that works for you all. Glad to see there's at least one fellow Heyer fan! Glad you're enjoying it so far.

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Welcome back! I loved Meet Me In Kansas City- it's on my list of my favourite fanfic, and I re-read it every so often.

As for this story...
You had me the instant you mentioned the Regency and Georgette Heyer. Wonderful beginning. Your description of Lavinia as a 'hornet in female form' cracked me up.
On to the next parts.

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Another Heyer fan! Super! ;-) I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Glad you still enjoy MMIKC, too. That's always nice to hear. :-)

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey smile

I've been wanting to dive into this story since you started posting. Now I have the fun of playing catch-up dance clap dance.

I, too, am a HUGE 'Meet Me in Kansas City' fan...it was one of the first fanfics I read from the Archive--one of the first stories to really pull me into the fandom a few years ago (even though I've been completely in love with the show since when the pilot aired in '93).

I'm not familiar at all with Regency stories...but, knowing how much I admire your work in 'MMiKC', I'm totally along for the ride.

Loved the first chapter!

Excited smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/29/15 12:46 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Hey, Laura!
Thanks for the compliment about MMIKC! :-) It was a lot of work, but so much fun to write. I think the scene at the airport was my favorite.
Hope you'll enjoy the Regency, too. If you do, I encourage you to check out Georgette Heyer's stories--don't settle for one of her many imitators! If you'd like a recommendation for a place to start, I'd be glad to give you the titles of my favorites.
Cheers!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
The Airport Scene---Yes! Love it! I might just have to reread (again) MMiKC....

Thanks for the offer...I haven't read anything (other than on here and the Archive) since I joined the boards in 2013--there are so many quality stories, such a wonderful 'problem' wink.

If I do venture out to other reading, though, I might just take you up on that recommendation smile...

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/30/15 12:01 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
I'll be happy to help you!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard