Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great story. I've always feared blindness - I'm too visual of a person. I can only imagine how terrifying the prospect would be for Clark.

What good is a blind superhero? Maybe he should go talk to Daredevil? wink

Clark turning up blind...yeah, that's a problem. Maybe she would assume that a weekend spent with Mayson made him put his own eyes out? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
While Clark thinks he's trying to cope, his ability not to be able to ask for help (and assuming he can still do what he had done with sight without practice) only shows that he isn't coping. He's so used to taking care of others, he hasn't learned how to allow them to help him. I'm sure having Clark show up blind isn't the way he wants to tell Lois that he's Superman. Also, Lois may be the only one who know about Superman's predicament (at this point) but if Superman keeps flying around blind others will notice it as well. The only way to go forward (blind) as Clark would be to have Superman disappear or be seen rarely. It's a good thing his loss of vision was only a temporary condition.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I was thinking about powers that showed up during or after the NK arc and the only one I could think of would be the telepathy. I'm sure it would kick in much more strongly earlier had he lost his sight longer than he did.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Ooh, comments smile

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Clark turning up blind...yeah, that's a problem. Maybe she would assume that a weekend spent with Mayson made him put his own eyes out?
I laughed way harder than I should at that! And yeah, the thought of losing my sight terrifies me too- my eyesight is already not great (quite nearsighted) and going blind, to me anyway, is the stuff of nightmares.

Virginia- yeah, I agree, he doesn't really cope well with it- he needs to ask for help when he needs it. But then he's never really been great at asking for help. It's a good thing he gets his sight back quickly or I think he would've done a lot more damage!

Christina- the telepathy thing is an interesting idea. I never even considered that when I wrote this. That could make a really intriguing story.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I was thinking about powers that showed up during or after the NK arc and the only one I could think of would be the telepathy. I'm sure it would kick in much more strongly earlier had he lost his sight longer than he did.

Well, there was the whole "Clark wakes up and knows Lois is in danger" scene in HIWTHI. But I just always assumed that the telepathy thing only worked Kryptonian to Kryptonian.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Originally Posted by Christina

Well, there was the whole "Clark wakes up and knows Lois is in danger" scene in HIWTHI. But I just always assumed that the telepathy thing only worked Kryptonian to Kryptonian.

I thought there was evidence to the contrary in the NK arc. Just before he left she heard him say "I love you" from the window. Also I thought the scene where Nor invaded also had them broadcasting their telepathy. Now on whether they can hear US, that's vague but plausible enough that it's fix-possible. The scene where he's looking at their rings and said that he knew she was thinking of him. I think he was receiving from Lois, but it was just emotions because humans typically are not telepathic.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, Feli smile...

And you brought up some really good points about the 'Clark' part of this issue. Because Clark had a way to not be around during this timeframe (I'll give Mayson a thumbsup for helping with a plausible excuse here), I always centered a lot of my thoughts--about effects of the blindness--on 'Superman' related issues.

I loved just now diving into the daily 'life' type of thoughts for Clark. How can he be a reporter? How can he investigate? And the biggie--how can he be blind around Lois (when she knows Superman is having the same issue)? HUGE things here, and this is in addition to all Super activities that could be effected.

What a worrisome time for Clark!

Enjoyed the story smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/17/15 12:54 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard