Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
comments...
Anyone else get that type of request?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great story! And YES! I've gotten those kinds of requests before - although mine are more like "you made my life a living hell for 2 1/2 years when I was a kid, and now you want to be friends?" I usually decline the request and then block the person so they cannot contact me again. I'm surprised Lois would even consider friending a person like Linda. Clark's definitely softened her up!

(Unless, of course, Lois is considering doing it just to show off how wonderful her life with Clark is.)

Fun story - I loved it and it definitely hit home.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Yeah, Lois can go ahead and friend Molly, but Linda deserves to be blocked! The story does make me wonder, though, how many FB friends Lois might have. She doesn't have a great track record of making and maintaining friendships.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Groobie posted:

The story does make me wonder, though, how many FB friends Lois might have. She doesn't have a great track record of making and maintaining friendships.

Exactly what I was thinking thumbsup. Knowing Lois, I don't think there would be that many.

And to further decline the numbers, I think that Lois would have only actual 'friends' on her list, opposed to collecting more 'acquaintance' type of friendships to her account. I don't see her wanting (or caring) how 'high' her friendship numbers are on Facebook--good for her.

Molly? Go for it, Lois. There was a friendship there at one point. People can reconnect.

Linda? Nope. Why put yourself through it? IMO, Linda wanting to connect again is totally for Linda's purposes only (ie--adding another 'friend' to her account/comparing how their lives have turned out/etc) help.

Great story clap. Really enjoyed it!

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/14/15 06:00 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No. Facebook has never interested me. There have been a few people like Linda who have appeared from my past. If they have not changed or grown up, I avoid them.

Lois had the right idea, get in contact with Molly and have a few laughs, but leave Linda alone. Hanging out with someone like her is problematic.

Good idea for a story! Glad you submitted it! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA #266646 10/18/15 06:11 PM
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
(Unless, of course, Lois is considering doing it just to show off how wonderful her life with Clark is.)

I could see her doing that. Without having to actually talk to Linda, Lois could show off how good her life has turned out by just accepting her request and later unfriend her.

Originally Posted by LMA
Groobie posted:

The story does make me wonder, though, how many FB friends Lois might have. She doesn't have a great track record of making and maintaining friendships.

Exactly what I was thinking thumbsup. Knowing Lois, I don't think there would be that many.

I think from her past you're probably right, but I think the list would now contain friends she's met through her kids plus her family. Her list would definitely be under 100 though, IMO.

Originally Posted by LMA
IMO, Linda wanting to connect again is totally for Linda's purposes only (ie--adding another 'friend' to her account/comparing how their lives have turned out/etc) help.
Totally agree.

Morgana- thanks for reading. I used to be on Facebook all the time. Since having kids and moving to Nevada, I only use it as a way to communicate with friends and let family see what the kids are up to. I imagine that's what Lois would use it for also.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi chickberry!

Friends? And a wife? Hmm…
“I was just catching up on Facebook.
Ah, Facebook friends. Hmm… evil

We’ve been so busy that I haven’t been on all week. Your mom was wondering when she would get to see more pictures of the kids.”
laugh

Well, two actually. How is it that I get two in one week both from people I haven’t talked to in almost 20 years?”
huh Something sinister? Or Friendfinder?

“Molly and Linda,” she spat out the second name.
rotflol Also, wasn’t Molly the anti-tech-terrorist?

We just never did reconnect after her boyfriend tried to kill me multiple times.
clap

“And Linda?”

“I can’t believe she has the audacity to still want to be my friend after everything she did.”
LINDA: huh I did nothing my California therapist would consider worth reporting to the district attorney.

The movie had certainly made matters worse.
laugh

“Well, maybe you’re right. Remember the Antonio Banderas knockoff who played you?
Look! I think that’s the first Superman movie where Clark Kent and Superman have been played by different actors.

In reality, that lunch was only platonic gathering of rival reporters but somehow they had twisted it into a romantic date, complete with clinking glasses, arm entwined wine sipping, and a mariachi band.
rotflol

“But still not as bad as Linda’s portrayal of me. I’m not now nor have I ever been blonde in any way. She played my character like a moony-eyed, obsessive, high school cheerleader.”
clap This reminds me…I really need to get back to that one plot bunny…

“Wait and decide tomorrow and come to bed now.”

“Umm…” She leaned her neck to the left to give him easier access. “I’m not all that tired though.”

“Humm…I know. So come to bed,”
rotflol [Linked Image]

They both knew what it was going to take to get Lois’s hot-tempered mind to calm down.
Hot chocolate with cinnamon sticks? angel-devil

“I think you should show me how easy Earth girls really are when it comes to the guy who plays Superman.”

Lois pulled back. “And why would I do that?” she teased.
clap

“Maybe you can convince me that I was wrong and that Linda did have pull with the casting director.”

“Anything to prove I’m right and you’re wrong.”
laugh

Fun viggi!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard