Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266515 10/09/15 07:28 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So, definitely an important chapter! Hope you let me know what you think of it!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm pleasantly surprised Lois went for the interview; I'd have thought that she would think Clark had instigated it out of pity or guilt, and that she would therefore decline.

I agree with Jimmy -- oops, sorry -- with James that she is perfect for the job. And what better job for her than one in which she can use her writing to help people improve their lives?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely stunning chapter. The intrigue of the Clark/Superman story will entertain the world for years. I can see books being written and movies based on the story of poor, brave, human Clark living through the hardest few months of his life, all for the sake of his Superhero best friend.

And Lois' new job ... fantastic. The scene between her and James was wonderful too.

I just wonder what 'hidden' job she's actually been employed to do. I hope it involves a 'life-time' contract with Superman ... um with The Superman Foundation.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Second chances clap clap clap...

I love this chapter for all the healing that it, no doubt, will create.

What a full circle--sitting, once again--in front of James. Lois, trying to get her point across. James having the full deck of cards to play, his move, his choice. I so enjoyed how you brought us 'here' again, but this time, with so much perspective.

Lois has learned so much, grown so much from the last few months. She knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that her actions have consequences. That she has to be responsible for what she does, the choices she makes. She is such a better person for what she has been through.

I'm so happy that James recongnizes this. Knows that he can trust her. He is accutely aware of her talent, and how benificial Lois can be to the Foundation.

I am SO CURIOUS as to what exactly this job entails hyper...

Can she work with Clark in any way? grovel What Lois will be doing--giving voice to those in need, the issues that matter--is exactly the type of thing that Clark loves to write about. Lane and Kent...while it may not be possible for them to be partners at the Daily Planet, can they be silent partners bringing a 'voice' to the Superman's Foundation?

Looking forward--as always smile --to the next part,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/10/15 05:03 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great explanation. I love have you have Clark avoiding lying - so in character. I love the idea that even if some people question the story, they're more than willing to accept it to have a better life for Superman.

Love Lois interviewed by James. Can't wait to find out more details about what's going on there. As much as I hate the idea of Lois and Clark not working together at the Planet, they've been through too much. She can't stay there. But...I'm hopeful you'll be bringing them back together in a different mannner soon!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Love the new chapter! Finally, a few cracks of light into Lois' darkened mind. Love, love, love Jimmy interviewing her, and the way it paralleled their meeting in the dinner. I was surprised that Lois still resigned, even with the SuperFake in place to protect Clark. It makes sense, though. And I love that she wants to use her skills to still help people. Of course, she was always helping people - putting criminals away so they couldn't make new victims, exposing frauds and scams to protect others from falling into them, etc.

I'm kind of thinking that Clark's going to be the one to meet her on Monday morning. At least, I'm hoping for it. Two more chapters left and I really want them to find some semblance of their old, easy friendship again.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Very powerful chapter! Love it! clap

Glad to see the healing has begun and that Clark Kent and Superman are resurrected successfully.

Perry may be right about the old Lois dying, but this new one is stronger and better in many ways. I like how she'll defend others who need protecting even if it means continuing a lie rather than revealing the painful truth. She's even ready to sacrifice her own wants and needs. It appears as though she's learned what it means to love others - and protect them with everything you have.

Looking forward to seeing what her new job really entails, and how close she and Clark are at work and maybe at leisure.

Addendum: I'm also curious to see if you will address whether (and how) Lois's Pulitzer will be affected by recent events. Winning for a story that has been "proven" untrue but seems to have protected Superman could be an interesting ethical question for the committee to ponder.

Last edited by cuidadora; 10/13/15 10:28 AM. Reason: addendum

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Yay, after a long absence (brought on by a malfunctioning laptop, I finally remembered my password to log on to respond.

She's moved on. She may be a good writer, but what drove her to investigate in the way she once did isn't there. She's still investigating, to be sure (as evidenced by the nursing home story) but the drive to reveal, just to get the truth out alone isn't.

I think what's going to happen is she's going to be the fake counterpart's handler. Someone needs to be a the office making sure that the writing Clark isn't bothered after all. Or maybe she'll be hired on as the Superman Foundation's investigative PR team. Looking forward to seeing if either (or neither) of these hypotheses hold true.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
I like how you acknowledge that Clark's story is rather unreal - it's a theory that people could easily poke holes in. The distance you describe it with from Lois' point of view adds to the uneasy feeling - that this solution is teetering precariously, that Clark's secret will never be as safe as it had once been. That even though his life is being put together again, it could quickly be torn apart.

But wanting something and getting it are two entirely different things.
Ain't that the truth?!

but she trusts her instincts (and it is liberating, to realize that she can, again)
It hardly seems possible she'd ever trust them again.

“but I don’t need a piece of paper or a single signature to make me keep quiet. I know the value of secrets, and some things are worth lying about.”
Ah, well, she knows that now! It's a bit late in light of the damage she's done, but at least she has finally come to understand that.

Looking forward to the next part. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
And once again, I am dreadfully late -- I hope you all can forgive me for not sticking to my schedule as well as I usually do! It's hard to be properly contrite, though, when I come back to such wonderful feedback! smile

I played around with Lois being suspicious about the source of her new interview, Lynn, but in the end, it just didn't feel right. This Lois has been baptized in guilt and fire, and I think she's come through with a better understanding of other people and herself -- hard-won, but useful. She knows that just like before, in the beginning of the story, it's James who protects Clark and everything around him. It does seem like the perfect job for her, doesn't it? wink

While writing the bit about Clark/Superman's cover story, KatharineKent, I found myself caught by the possibilities too -- if I lived in-world, I might have to write fanfiction about the daring exploits of Clark and his family and the epic friendship between him and Superman! laugh A lifetime contract? Well, James didn't say how long the job would last, did he... smile

Thanks, LMA! I love the full-circle feeling of this scene too. Lois hasn't had to just earn Clark's trust; she's had to earn James's, too, and that's actually been one of my favorite things to write since it came as something of a surprise even to me! I'm all for healing at this stage, too -- enough bleakness for me!

I did like that Clark tried not to lie, scifiJoan -- as you said, it seemed to suit him. Also, though, I think some of that was surely James trying to help him out, knowing how hard it would be for him. It does seem somewhat blasphemous (if I may use the word) not to have Lois Lane working at the Daily Planet with Clark Kent, but actions have consequences, and this time, the long-reaching consequence for Lois is that she lost her place at the paper. Still, she hasn't lost all hope!

It would be nice if the two remaining chapters could tie everything up, wouldn't it, DC? I'm hoping so, if only because this story is already too long! help Lois has helped people in her career, but I think she's forgotten that.

One of the things I love about the fourth season, cuidadora, is seeing how far Lois will go and how much she's willing to sacrifice to save Clark, or even Superman's reputation. Newsworthy-Lois hasn't gone through the same things, of course, but I wanted to show her coming to the same place -- from a selfish destructive action, she has now come to a selfless, sacrificing decision, and that's the journey I really wanted to explore. As to her Pulitzer, it's mentioned, but I doubt really addressed. My knowledge of such things is incredibly hazy, anyway, but the story's focus was on other things. (One of these days, I'll stop being so lazy and do more research, but for now...)

Sorry about your laptop, Christina -- I don't know what I'd do if mine decided to lock me out! shocked Interesting theories as always!

So glad that precarious feeling came through in the story, groobie! His secret never WILL be as safe, but Clark chose to take the risk anyway (one of my personal favorite moments simply because it showcases his quiet bravery). It's taken this Lois a lot of time and pain, but she's finally come through to where we all knew she belonged! smile

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback and patience!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard