Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266316 09/26/15 10:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LnC:NAoS loved to use song titles (or an adaptation of them) for episode titles. For Example: All Shook Up; Green, Green Grass of Home; I'm Stuck on You; I've Got You Under My skin

Here is a list of Elvis song titles. Now, here is my challenge! Pick a title and write a short fic with it as the title of your story.

Rules:
1) The title needs to pertain to the plot of the story somehow, but not as a Perry story on Elvis, or as a song lyric. (i.e. Elvis cannot be singing the song titled in the story during your story.)
2) You can use the title of your story as a line of dialogue (or a line thought by a character in a first person POV story), but the rest of the story also NEEDS to fit the title.
3) I'll also accept you using a title for a story you've already written (or are writing), but needed a title for. I'm not picky.

A Selection of These Elvis Song Titles
After Loving You
A Little Less Conversation
Almost in Love
Alright, Okay, You Win
Always on My Mind
And I Love You So
Anyone (Could Fall in Love with You)
Are You Lonesome Tonight? - Already taken by LabRat

Big Boss Man
Blue Suede Shoes (I would accept Blue Suede Suit wink )
Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Burning Love

Devil In Disguise
Don't Be Cruel - by cuidadora

Easy Come, Easy Go
Earth Boy
Edge of Reality

Falling in Love with You
Finders Keepers, Loser Weepers
Five Sleepy Heads
Flip, Flop and Fly
Fool, Fool, Fool
Froggy Went a Courting
Funny How Time slips Away

Ghost Riders in the Sky
G.I. Blues

Hard Headed Woman
Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?
Heartbreak Hotel
Hearts of Stone
Help Me Make It Through the Night
He'll Have to Go
Hound Dog
How Great Thou Art

I Believe in the Man in the Sky
I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine
I Met Her Today
The Impossible Dream
It's Impossible - by bakasi
It's Now or Never! - Already taken by Sue S.

Kiss Me Quick

Let It Be Me
Let Me Be the One
A Little Bit of Green
Love Me Tender - Already Taken by IRC Round Robin

Make the World Go Away
Mean Woman Blues
Moonlight Swim (And, YES, Michael, I've read and loved Sue S.'s story with that theme, 'Revisionist History' )
My Way

Nothingville

One-Sided Love Affair

Return to Sender - WIP claimed by Sue S.

She Wears My Ring
Softly As I Leave You
Something Blue
Starting Today
Stuck on You
Suspicious Minds

That's All Right
There's Always Me

Viva Las Vegas

The Wonder of You

You'll Never Walk Alone - Already taken by Angela

And those are only a selected few that I could see working for LnC. Have Fun and Happy Writing!

If I've missed any stories with these (or other) Elvis song titles, please let me know and I'll add them to my list as already taken. (I only looked on the Archives, not here on the boards for un-Archived stories.) If you post a story using one of the song titles on the above link, but isn't on this list, let me know and I'll mention it as taken. smile

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/28/16 02:26 AM. Reason: Added new story

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
(And, YES, Michael, I've read and loved Sue S.'s story with that theme, but not entitled that but its title always slips away from me)

Are you talking about 'Revisionist History'? Lois and Clark take a couple midnight swims in that one.

You did miss another title, btw. 'Return to Sender.' It's the title of the sequel to 'Now or Never' (which also isn't on the list <g>). It's about 3/4 complete (though it is fully outlined). I'm hoping that I might be able to finish it before the end of the year.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Sue S.
(And, YES, Michael, I've read and loved Sue S.'s story with that theme, but not entitled that but its title always slips away from me)
Are you talking about 'Revisionist History'? Lois and Clark take a couple midnight swims in that one.
Yes! That's the one! It combines two of my favorite things: Archaeology and LnC! notworthy However, since Moonlight Swim isn't the title of that story, I'm sure you'll allow another writer to take a crack at the theme. wink

You did miss another title, btw. 'Return to Sender.' It's the title of the sequel to 'Now or Never' (which also isn't on the list <g>). It's about 3/4 complete (though it is fully outlined). I'm hoping that I might be able to finish it before the end of the year.
I'm not familiar with your stories Now or Never nor Return to Sender, but probably because neither story is on the boards (did both a LnC board search, an Archive search, and a Google site search). I have Now or Never on the list; the song title is listed under "It's Now or Never". If you would like to supply me with the proper TOC link, I'd be more than happy to add it to my list.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
"Now or Never" won the 2015 Best Revelation Story and was nominated for several others. Not on the archive yet (tisk, tisk, Sue!). Here is the TOC .

Return to Sender is on her hard drive. (Well, parts of it are also on mine! grin ) I think she was just reserving the title because the story is still in the works.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
"Now or Never" won the 2015 Best Revelation Story and was nominated for several others. Not on the archive yet (tisk, tisk, Sue!).
Okay. Now, I recall it. wallbash Odd that it didn't come up when I did a TOC search, especially since it's such a new story.

EDIT: Oh, wait. Silly me. I forgot that vague titles using common words such as "Now", "or", and "Never" are completely ignored by the search engine. I can never find my titles "Another Day" and "All in a Name" with a search either.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 09/27/15 02:28 AM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoa! So many perfect titles. If I let myself muse over any of them ..... noooooo. Already have 4 stories actively being worked on, not to mention my 'must work on soon' list and my 'great idea for some time in the future' list.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Whoa! So many perfect titles. If I let myself muse over any of them ..... noooooo. Already have 4 stories actively being worked on, not to mention my 'must work on soon' list and my 'great idea for some time in the future' list.
Tell me about, KK! smile I'm having the same problem. That's why I decided to share this idea with the board. Too much inspiration, not enough writing time!

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
You know, I could so see a way to incorporate most of these titles into the dialogue / inner dialogue of a story, it's not even funny any more. :p Unfortunately, this would have to be a very long story, starting with the pilot (Clark phoning home to tell his parents, "I met her today.") to a time way after the series ended ("Five sleepy heads" could very well refer to LnC's children.)

Or just post-revelation, where Lois deals with her anger for not seeing it before then, calling herself a fool over and over again.

Last edited by Lara Joelle Kent; 10/11/15 12:50 PM.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good idea, Lara. I wonder if it would be easier to do a story with only Perry using them and nobody else figuring it out. I could see Perry issuing himself a challenge to keep it up until someone comments on why he's only speaking in Elvis song titles, but in the end he merely sadly shakes his head about the decay of America (because nobody said anything). wink Meanwhile, out of the office, everyone thinks Perry has gone bonkers because he's only speaking in Elvis song titles.

VirginiaR.
---
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just contributed Don't Be Cruel to this challenge.

Last edited by cuidadora; 04/24/16 10:23 PM. Reason: changed link to TOC

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Updated with bakasi's new story It's Impossible.

VirginiaR.
---
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just added What'd I Say? Part 2 of Don't Be Cruel.

"What'd I Say?" is on the Wikipedia list at the top of this thread.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard