Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Trailer looks entertaining and Kara seems spunky. It does look like it should be on TheCW though wink

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Looking up the characters I discovered that the guy running the anti-alien organisation is Hank Henshaw, who in the comics eventually becomes the evil cyborg Superman.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I just found the time to watch it and man, it got me teary-eyed watching it. I think this is the first time that I got teary-over Supergirl. I was going to give away/toss out my Supergirl shirt (it's just the shield with Supergirl on the back, and it didn't feel like it made as much sense now that I have a little Supergirl of my own) but now I think I'll have to see if I fit in it properly.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
For those of us (myself included) who blinked:

[Linked Image]

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Just saw the Saturday Night Live spoof trailer for a Black Widow movie - there are some startling similarities

Marcus L. Rowland
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ROTFL!
The thing is: that was a parody, this is not... :P

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
Just saw the Saturday Night Live spoof trailer for a Black Widow movie - there are some startling similarities

Yes! This is exactly what I was trying to express! I really hope that the show turns out to have a more substantial feeling than the trailer. I think The Flash has found the perfect tone.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The preview interested me enough to want to check the show out, but even if I decided that I didn't really like the show, I'd probably still end up watching anyway.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland

Apparently, we weren't the only ones to notice wink
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13/supergirl-black-widow-comparison

Yet, this trailer has been a great success, so far:
http://www.adweek.com/news/television/how-cbs-supergirl-trailer-became-viral-sensation-164878

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Kerth
Kerth
The Supergirl pilot episode has apparently been leaked - haven't seen it yet but by all accounts it's pretty good, much better than the trailer.

http://io9.com/i-saw-the-supergirl-pilot-and-it-s-actually-pretty-sup-1706318019

Marcus L. Rowland
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I just watched it. Dean was in it for maybe a minute, but didn't even have one line. I liked it better than the trailer but wasn't blown away by it. I'll give the series a try and hope it finds its voice. My son kept finding fault with it, asking where Superman was. wink In the end, he concluded that I shouldn't have woken him from his nap. Lol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Columnist
Columnist
I am just starting it, and had to pause to giggle & post here about where Kara works/who her boss is. *SPOILER*

Cat Grant!?

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
Saw it on Saturday - it's fun, though suffers from the usual pilot episode thing of too much exposition. Hopefully it'll get into its stride after a few episodes, as The Flash did, without getting too dark.

It already has its own TV Tropes page which means that the fans are taking it reasonably seriously.

Marcus L. Rowland
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Article from Deadline has a small hint that Dean will be in more than just the Supergirl pilot:
Deadline interview

The relevant excerpt:

DEADLINE: One thing that is similar in several of your shows is casting actors who have either played the role before or have a strong previous connection to it, like Lois & Clark’s Dean Cain. Why do you like to do that?

BERLANTI: It’s fun. It’s one of the real nice benefits of doing the job that you get to work with people like John Wesley Shipp, and Mark Hamill, and Dean Cain, and Helen Slater. Part of the fun of making these things is actually that we’ve enjoyed other incarnations of them. So, it’s part homage and it’s part a celebration of the property, and a celebration of the characters. With Dean and Helen in Supergirl, we have some good storylines for them this season too.

groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
More Supergirl news from Deadline:
Deadline article

Relevant quote:
Jenna Dewan-Tatum has joined the cast of CBS’ upcoming drama series Supergirl. She will play Lucy Lane, as brash, funny and beautiful as her older sister Lois Lane and strong, smart and successful in her own right. She’s got a history with Jimmy Olsen and she’s come to town to right a previous wrong. The series centers on Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist). Since arriving on Earth from Krypton, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Dewan-Tatum starred on Witches Of East End, was a regular on The Playboy Club and appeared in American Horror Story: Asylum. She is repped by UTA, Management 360 and Bloom Hergott.

Jenna is Channing Tatum's wife. She has been a guest judge on "So You Think You Can Dance" several times and has always seemed to be a very likeable person. I actually think this is a pretty good casting choice. We didn't see much of Lucy on L&C or Smallville - I hope this allows the character to be more fully developed, and I can imagine Jenna bringing a lot of personality to the role.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
If anyone is interested, I've created a "Supergirl" forum. It's pretty bare at the moment, but the show still hasn't premiered yet. Hopefully, things will pick up soon. Feel free to join.

http://supergirlcbs.proboards.com/

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks - I've just joined (admittedly mainly to plug my Supergirl Returns fanfic series) but I'll try to look in as the show airs.

Marcus L. Rowland
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was disappointed in the pilot. I liked the work/friends scenes (Jimmy and the work buddy), but I thought they tried to fit what should have been two hours of development into one. Also, the dialog with the villains sounded like it was aimed at an eight-year-old. I thought everything, especially the relationship issues (betrayal/reconciliation with Alex, the director of the watchdog agency suddenly accepting Kara) happened way too fast with too little time to actually work issues out. And OMG, Cat is over the top. I'm telling myself to take it as a comic and accept that it's not trying to be even remotely realistic (yes, I acknowledge the irony of that idea in any Superhero universe) or subtle. We'll see.

This *is* my happily ever after.
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I agree with everything you said, HappyGirl! Cat, in particular, is unbearable. I hope the show settles down and finds its voice.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard