Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And now we have the final part! I hope it meets with your expectations and the story overall has given you a little bit of that holiday spirit. sloppy

So do some of the plotting choices make a bit more sense now that you've seen what the prompts were? See, all those interruptions weren't my fault at all -- she asked for an "almost kiss" and I just decided to continue with the theme. wink

Ironically, the hardest prompt for me to incorporate was not the goat, but the embarrassing situation! Luckily, once I figured out how to combine them, I was able to check them both off. goofy

Even if it was nearly five years in the making, I hope you all enjoyed the story. smile

Kathy

Last edited by KathyB; 12/16/14 05:21 PM.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I read a quote once that said something to the effect of that the mark of a good story is that when you finish reading it, you feel like you are saying goodbye to an old friend. Well... Goodbye, old friend.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww. So sweet. Just what we needed to get into the holiday spirit. Thank you, Kathy, for dusting off your old story and gifting it to us. smile

Clark is so sweet to keep himself awake to make sure that his folks and Lois stay warm while the power was out. He certainly is a keeper.

I loved the snuggling down in front of the fire and FINALLY the lack of interruptus. Clark making sure...
Gently, almost reverently, Clark slid his hand around to cradle the back of her head and slowly lowered his mouth to hers. Just before their lips made contact, however, he couldn’t help but pause, cocking his head to listen expectantly.

“Oh, no,” Lois groaned, dropping her head to his shoulder. “Not again. What is it this time?”

“Nothing. Not a thing,” Clark answered with a relieved laugh, gently lifting her head back up. “It’s just happened so often since you’ve been here, I was waiting to see what else could possibly interrupt us.”

Fortunately, she saw the humor in the situation and started to laugh with him. “No pounding on the floor? No well-meaning parents?”

He grinned. “No marauding goats … no armies of Space Rats bent on revenge or herds of wild buffalo taking a short cut through the front door.”

She giggled, her eyes bright with affection. “Then I guess there’s no reason to wait any more.”
... was quite funny too. Herd of buffalo. Love it!

Lois shoulders shook with suppressed laughter. “What about the year your parents bought you the goat?”

He groaned on a laugh. “You’re never going to let me live that down, are you?”

“Nope.” She just giggled more. “Never.”
Nope, Clark. That's a Christmas story to be trotted out in front of the kids every year. clap hee-hee.

I loved Kimberly the goat. She really made the story.

Do some of my plotting choices make more sense now? laugh Thanks, Mishmishat, for the assignment. I’m not sure if you’re around any more to read this, but if you do, I hope you enjoy it.
And whether or not Mishmishat is around to enjoy it, you can be guaranteed the rest of us did.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
This was a sweetly romantic holiday fic. love Totally ended on the perfect note, with them making plans for New Year's and kissing in front of the fire. Just the right story for this time of year. Thanks for finishing it up and posting it! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I definitely loved the story. And the ending, totally like I was hoping for, was completely romantic and wonderful. Hate to see it end. I was really looking forward to you posting today, and read it the first moment I was able to wink...

Of course, he was no longer a child and could now appreciate the benefits of cuddling in a completely different way. Lois had curled up on the couch with her hot chocolate after dinner, and when Clark had joined her, she’d shyly offered to share her blanket with him. He still remembered how his heart skipped a beat when he’d chanced wrapping his arm around her shoulders and she’d responded by immediately snuggling into his embrace. And when their hands had found each other’s under the covers and their fingers had intertwined … well, it’d been all he could do to keep himself from floating out of pure joy.

This was pure joy to read. You totally captured that 'newness' and excitement that they are feeling love.

As he noticed her shivering, Clark kicked himself for not paying better attention to the time. When he’d swept his heat vision through Lois’s and his parents’ bedroom as they’d readied for bed, he’d made a mental note to repeat the action every few hours throughout the night to make sure they’d stay comfortable. But he’d gotten so caught up in his own daydreams and enjoyment of the fire that he’d completely forgotten.

So thoughtful of Clark. Great idea, Kathy clap

“Mmm, but this one is soft … and it smells like you,” she replied with a smile, sleepily rubbing her cheek against it.

Clark’s heart skipped a beat as the intimacy of her statement filtered into his brain. “Then … I’m happy to let you have it,” he responded, a little breathless. “I can use this one.”

Her gaze flickered to his. “Or we could share.” Then she ducked her head, blushing a little. “If you want."

This part was adorable. 'They' are so new, but yet, are such close friends. Such a fun/exciting time to enjoy reading about hyper

Her eyes danced in the firelight. “Would this be a date?

Yes. Yes! YES! It's a date thumbsup

Her mouth curved into a happy smile. “Yes. I’d really like that, Clark.”

Woo-hoo! party

Feeling as if he might burst with happiness, Clark finally closed the distance between them, unwilling to let anything else stop him. Gently at first, his lips caressed hers, but it wasn’t long before they each released a quiet whimper and slowly took the kiss deeper. When their mouths finally separated, Clark dipped his forehead to hers, trying to calm his racing heart.

“Wow,” Lois breathed, her voice coming in soft pants as she ran her fingers through his hair. “That was …”

“Yeah?” he answered, equally breathless.

“Definitely worth not waiting any longer to repeat,” she finished, recapturing his mouth with hers

What a wonderfully WAFFy moment. Loved it!

Lois shoulders shook with suppressed laughter. “What about the year your parents bought you the goat?”

He groaned on a laugh. “You’re never going to let me live that down, are you?”

“Nope.” She just giggled more. “Never

Great dialog to bring the goat back into the conversation. rotflol. He's definitely never going to live that down!

He growled playfully and rolled her to her back. “You’re just lucky I’m crazy about you.”

She was smiling as she looked at him, her eyes reflecting his joy back at him. “Yeah, I am,” she murmured, stroking his cheek. “Because this has been the most wonderful, fabulous, amazing Christmas I’ve ever had, too.”

Sighing happily, Clark nuzzled his nose against hers before lovingly capturing her lips once more.

He was no longer a kid, and it wasn’t Christmas Eve … but in front of the fire in the living room was still his favorite place

Perfect way to end it! But now it's over mecry. I agree with Lynn--goodbye, old friend.

Definitely will be reading this one again during the holidays down the road clap...

Thanks so much--really enjoyed it!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 12/17/14 04:43 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love your story, Kathy. I enjoyed the vivid descriptions, including the part at the end with Clark, alone in the room, watching the fire. I could almost hear the crackle of the flames. I think my favorite bit of dialogue ever is, "Oh ... Kimberly!" and the lines that follow. smile Priceless.

Lauren W.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a wonderful, Hallmark Channel worthy, Waffapalooza of a story. It was sweet and funny and totally enjoyable. Do you have anything else languishing on your hard drive that you'd like to complete soon???

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by magical
What a wonderful, Hallmark Channel worthy, Waffapalooza of a story. It was sweet and funny and totally enjoyable. Do you have anything else languishing on your hard drive that you'd like to complete soon???

I agree! I have missed Kathy writing here. Her stories are some of my favorites. I know you have never left the site but please say that you are back writing.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful comments. It's really reminded me of the old days, when we'd all eagerly stalk the boards for new posts. You've given me a lot to smile about these last couple weeks! smile1

Of all the unfinished bits and bobs on my hard drive, there is one long L&C story that keeps drawing my attention back to it (and has for years and years), but I don't have much confidence that I'll ever actually finish it. Which is a real shame because I have like 20,000 words of something that I really, really love but even at that length, it's nowhere near done. Curse you, epics! goofy That's why I was so happy when I came up with the idea for Winter Wonderland because I thought it was something I might actually finish quickly. Heh, well, you all saw how that worked out. wink

So thank you again for reading this story and for giving me such encouraging feedback! sloppy This fandom is a truly wonderful place. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Delightful little Christmas fic! All the WAFFS a girl could want! smile1

And adored the way you worked in Kimberly the goat! Touch of genius! wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet little story that sadly had to end way too soon! frown

Sooo happy they are getting together and really dating before Clark pops the question. Hey, is it possible we get a peek at their New Year's Eve date? What will Clark cook? No doubt dessert will be something chocolatey. Yum!

Kimberly the goat was a totally unexpected bonus and yes, those long ago prompts were terrific!

Perhaps someday that epic will call out and you'll complete it!

Thanks for a great fic! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was a cute little Christmas story and fun to read. I was reading this story as it was posted, but I was never signed in, so my comments are coming a bit late.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Z
Blogger
Blogger
Z
I absolutely loved this romantic, fun little story. It's among my favorites of the 200+ fanfics I've read so far since rediscovering my passion for L&C after *thinks really hard* shocked 15 years.

I could actually picture the characters in front of me, saying what you've written for them to say. It was soooo vivid. Thank you for this great fanfic, Kathy! notworthy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard