Print Thread
#266462 10/05/15 08:14 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

Okay, so this one really only has a glancing relationship with the episode Chi of Steel, but the episode really doesn't have a lot of depth.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! I like the emotion that comes across on the page. I can feel Clark's heart stopping with him. I love the parallels with his disguise and Lois's.

I didn’t see Lois in the guise of the young man that accosted us in the street, even though Jimmy had described her successful disguise when she uncovered that car theft ring just before I joined the Planet.
This is probably because she hasn't dressed up as a man again since Clark joined the Planet.

Lois is keenly observant, adept at putting disparate pieces together to figure out what has been hidden, and incredibly tenacious. They’re all qualities I admire, and they’re what make her such a superb investigative reporter.

They’re also dangerous- at least to me.
The dangerous qualities of Lois that also attract him. wink

Well done! I must admit that I haven't seen this episode in a while. I enjoy the humor man vs. woman theme running throughout.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Ahhh...Chi of Steel. My favorite! thumbsup You know, one day, I'm going to write a CoS episode extension, just as soon as I figure out a way to redeem it. (I managed to do it for Smart Kids!)

So you’d think that she’d be the one that was most likely to find out my secret.
Well, sure, that's the fun (and frustration) of that part of the series. It is, after all, galactically obvious. laugh

One question:
If I can fool Lois
I never really believed that Clark was trying to fool her, or intentionally deceive her. I think he's rather passive about his secret around her - he's waiting for her to figure it out. If she discovers it on her own, he won't deny it, but until then, he won't proactively tell her either. How Lois might perceive this distinction, though, is another question altogether. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really enjoyed this piece, Feli hyper...

Love is blind. A love triangle between two people. And the awesome quote by Lois--People only see what they expect to see.

Exactly, so much so, why I love the relationship between Lois and Clark!

Falling for your best friend, spending all your time with your best friend, being closer than anyone to your best friend...but being so vested into the 'relationship' you are unable to work out the truth of the matter. See what is right in front of your eyes. Be unable to understand why this person--who is perfect for you--can skirt away, give an excuse that (to an award-winning investigative reporter) would most of the time be preposterous, and yet STILL be believed. Lois only saw what she was expecting to see...

How amazingly ironic for Lois to utter those words wallbash jump grin. I love it!

CoS is such a distant memory to me, but I very much appreciate it inspiring this awesome piece of writing smile. Thanks for sharing.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of these days, she’s going to make one of those intuitive leaps she’s so good at, and realise that Clark Kent and Superman are the same person. Actually, I’m surprised she hasn’t already done so.

Lois was concentrating on many things and did not imagine her work partner could be the Man of Steel. Let's also remember that Lex was gumming up the works just a little bit.

The series is so amazing. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
The dangerous qualities of Lois that also attract him
Like a moth to a flame... It's one thing that always gets me about their relationship. At least in the early days, she's just as dangerous as kryptonite in her own way.

Groobie, you're totally right. I don't think Clark ever deliberately set out to deceive Lois. I've always thought that it's more of a case of him becoming Superman to protect himself, and then by the time he realises he wants/needs Lois to know he's dug himself into a very deep hole and doesn't really know how to get out.

Laura- yeah the line about people only seeing what they want to see always gets me. That, and Lois's line about Chen. "A mild mannered reporter really a superhero? Clark, please." Those lines have to hit very close to home for Clark. It's the bit I like most about this episode, actually.

Morgana- yup, and don't forget Mayson Drake. Lois had a lot of distractions keeping her from seeing the truth. I'll admit I love the whole 'will-they won't-they' aspect of the series.

Thanks everyone for commenting smile Next episode up is The Eyes Have It, and then we get to my favourite episode smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard