Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266145 09/18/15 11:04 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Your mission is simple; re-invent the Superman mythos as drastically as you can by changing only One Word of the following sentence:

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

One word only. Go. thumbsup

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was abused by a loving farm couple.

Evil Clark, anyone?

Edit: Yes, it still says "loving" farm couple, but that doesn't mean that J&M can't still love each other. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
A rocket from Missouri landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(You have to understand that Kansas and Missouri love each other just about as much as Oklahoma and Texas do...)

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the criminal inside was found by a loving farm couple.

Zod gets an early start in his quest to take over Earth by destroying the Kents, developing powers, and having no one in his way to stop him.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm dog.

It's a spin on The Jungle Book.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A rocket from Krypton landed in Krypton, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.
Kal-El never survives the destruction of Krypton. (Short story)

A rocket from Kansas landed in Krypton, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.
Okay, technically I changed two words by switching them.

Lois goes to Krypton! (Actually, I think this one has been written.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas and the baby inside was found by a loving farm girl.
Clark is raised by a teenage, runaway, single mother.

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas and the baby inside was found by a loving gangster couple.
Clark is raised by Bonnie & Clyde.

Okay, I think that's enough for tonight. thud

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A rocket from Tatooine landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Reinvents both Superman and Star Wars.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Hawaii, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Surfer Superman!)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the zombie inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Night of the Living Super-dead)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving celebrity couple.

(Brangelina, anyone?)

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
A casket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

mecry

A rocket from Krypton exploded in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

mecry again. Not sure why I am having such morbid ideas. How about we make things a bit cheerier.

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the dog inside was found by a loving farm couple.

Krypto, anyone?

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was adopted by a loving farm couple.

The null change.

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was sold by a loving farm couple.

Kal-El, slave. frown

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving tourist couple.

Alt-Lanes, anyone? Or possibly alt-Waynes?

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving future couple.

We've seen Jonathan and Marth from the past; what about the future?

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a logical farm couple.

Vulcans (with appropriate surgery to pass as humans) embedded on earth to observe the Terrans and decide when it would be logical to initiate official first contact.

And to end on a silly note:

A balloon from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Turns out that Krypton was actually Oz.)

Joy,
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 09/19/15 01:15 PM.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the time-traveler inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Tempus, taking Kal-El's place in order to stop Utopia.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the family inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(The El family survives Krypton's destruction.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the children inside were found by a loving farm couple.

(Kal-El and Zara, named Clark and Sara by the Kents. Due to the Westermarck effect, the news from the globe that they were married at birth thoroughly grossed them out. Besides, by that time Clark had met a fascinating woman named Lois in Metropolis, while Sara had moved to L.A. and met the one and only other surviving Kryptonian, Chuck (Ching).)

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a sadistic farm couple. (The Luthor family?)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the army inside was found by a loving farm couple. (Trask's nightmare.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was killed by a loving farm couple. (Trask's dream.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the psychopath inside was found by a loving farm couple.

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving undead couple. (Fear the walking dead?)

A woman from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple. (Lara landed and died in childbirth. Incidentally something I'm toying with...)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving insect couple.

(Honey, I shrunk the Alien.)

A Rockette from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Clark, son of a Kryptonese showgirl, now with an act in Vegas.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and one baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Clark's twin is still...out...there...somewhere.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby outside was found by a loving farm couple.

(A slight problem with the hatch.)

A starship from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(The Kryptonian maturation chamber was malfunctioning.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Geelong, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Clark barracks for a an out of town footie team. GO HAWKS!!)

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Shallowford
A rocket from Krypton landed in Geelong, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Clark barracks for a an out of town footie team. GO HAWKS!!)

LOL! Shout out to Female Hawk's Aussie Rules . If you've never read that, go there now. You'll obsessively devour it for the remainder of the weekend and will get nothing else done, but it will be worth it!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
I've linked to the single-file versions of Aussie Rules I put together at the end of the TOC posts.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A rocket Targeting Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

Could be the shortest space-trip ever, or else there's someone else out there somewhere...

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
For the most part, we're leaving the function words alone. Not surprising; they are more challenging to replace. But I want to leave no word unturned, so here are sentences for all of the words that no one has yet replaced:

One rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(No telling how many other rockets there were or where they landed.)

A rocket from Krypton landed under Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(The Kents managed to find the baby despite the stealth landing.)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, but the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside wasn't found by a loving farm couple.

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found greeting a loving farm couple.

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by some loving farm couple.

If I'm not mistaken, every word has now been replaced.

So should we try playing with combining all of the replacement words to see how far afield we can get if we mix and match?

Joy,
Lynn

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas and the babies inside were found by a loving farm couple.

Twin superheroes?

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
More morbid ones...

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a living farm couple.

(fortunate since zombie hordes had overrun the surrounding farms)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the monster inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(it ate them, and the rest of Kansas)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the vampire inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(fortunately sunlight is bad news for Kryptonian vampires too)

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the robot inside was found by a loving farm couple.

(Enter Brainiac, exit the human race)

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 09/28/15 02:22 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Zod's rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

Heh heh heh.

~•~
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
The null change--also a silly crossover:

A rocket from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

Clark grows up in a Little House on the Prairie

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A Winnebago from Krypton landed in Kansas, and the baby inside was found by a loving farm couple.

Spaceballs, anyone?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard