OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois dug into her bag, pulled out her cell phone and threw it carelessly on the table. She reached in again and this time found what she had been after, her notebook and pencil.

While she was doing this, Clark grabbed a potato chip and crunched on it then said, "All right, four hours at city hall and all we know is that in twenty years, there were no permits and no citations issued on the Irig property."

She slammed her pad down on the table interrupting him. No matter how nice he was the incident outside was still digging at her. She crossed her arms on the table and gave him a look that he recognized as irritation.

He asked, "What's the matter?" and then crunched another chip.

In an irritated tone which matched her look as she mocked him, "'Don't mind my friend, Lois. She's from Metropolis.'"

Clark leaned across the table and said, quietly, "You were coming off a little ... 'intense'."

Defensively, Lois replied, "Look Clark, intensity might be a crime in Smallville, but in Montreal and Metropolis, well, maybe not so much in Montreal, but in Metropolis it's a survival skill."

This is a pretty accurate description of two people from very different backgrounds.
It reminds me of the first time I met my future in-laws who also live on a farm. I was so nervous and worried that they wouldn’t like me, that I worked hard to get along with them. It was unnecessary, they worked hard to make me feel welcome and comfortable in an environment that was as foreign to me as the back side of the moon. Now twenty-three years later we are a family. I am still a city chick and they are very much country folk, but we make the differences work for us.
The point? Relax Lois, everything will be fine!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

I grew up in a rural community much like Smallville and whenever I brought a girlfriend home with me from college, it usually took her a while to decompress and start to enjoy herself.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KenJ
I grew up in a rural community much like Smallville and whenever I brought a girlfriend home with me from college, it usually took her a while to decompress and start to enjoy herself.

Same here and now after 44 years it only takes her an hour or so before she loosens up...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
After 40 years my wife and I live in a semi-rural area just outside of Pensacola, FL. and we love it.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard