Print Thread
#265935 09/10/15 04:12 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, I wanted to read a couple of books I have stored on disk. I decided to try putting them in Dropbox then going from there.

On my pc, the files are clearly present in Dropbox. But on my iPad - no sign of them. One is a PDF file. One a Kindle file.

I cannot understand how they can be there on one device but not on another. I got no error message that indicated there had been a problem loading them to Dropbox. I'm baffled.

Anyone? Thanks!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
LabRat #265945 09/10/15 08:29 PM
Kerth
Kerth
That's a weird one - are you sure your PC and iPad are still synching properly? I recall they dropped support for older Macs a little while ago, that shouldn't affect an iPad though.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
LabRat #265959 09/11/15 11:40 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Marcus.

Well, after trying this one three times last night and getting nowhere - just had a look in Dropbox on the iPad and there they are! Go figure. Beats me what the delay in them appearing was caused by but at least they got there eventually!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
LabRat #266264 09/23/15 03:16 PM
Kerth
Kerth
They've just rolled out an update for the iPad version, I think they said it was in part a bug fix so that might be one of the bugs.

Apple also just rolled out IOS v9, which allegedly does things like let you open two apps simultaneously (if you have two that support it). So far it's frozen on me once, but I think that was just the usual post-upgrade "I need a reset" thing.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 09/23/15 03:18 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard