#266180 09/20/15 12:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Comments go here, please. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

G
Blogger
Blogger
G
I enjoyed your story! I've always thought the show should have had more discussion between Lois and Clark when she finally figured out Clark was Superman. The show only seemed to focus on just how mad she was at Clark. I liked your insight into Lois' thoughts. Thank you for a good read!

G. Kuhn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by G. Kuhn
I enjoyed your story! I've always thought the show should have had more discussion between Lois and Clark when she finally figured out Clark was Superman. The show only seemed to focus on just how mad she was at Clark. I liked your insight into Lois' thoughts. Thank you for a good read!

Thank you! I've also thought that the initial discussion got cut too short (Clark running off to a rescue). It's believable because the world doesn't stop just because Superman got outted. And, of course the show wanted to surprise us with Lois blurting out the truth, but it would have been fun to see her talking to herself, pacing her apartment, putting everything together. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
And don't get me wrong here. I am angry. Furious, actually. But not only at him. At myself too, for not seeing what should have been so obvious.
Yes, I've said this before. I think any anger she directs towards Clark for lying about his secret is really deflected anger for herself. When she reflects on how she treated Clark and Superman, once she realizes they're the same person, she can't help but be embarrassed by her behavior.

Relieved that, despite my anger over his deception, that I find myself still loving him.
But when she has time to process her emotions, she comes to understand that she does love him, all of him.

Relieved that I still look at him and see Clark, not Superman.
This is necessary for their relationship to progress further. She needs to understand who Clark really is, know that soul of the man she has fallen in love with is still the same person. But she does legitimately need to decide if she can handle all of him, the downsides that come with being in a relationship with Superman.

This story was a good exploration of the thoughts Lois would have had at that moment in ATAI. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Susan!

Yes, I've said this before. I think any anger she directs towards Clark for lying about his secret is really deflected anger for herself. When she reflects on how she treated Clark and Superman, once she realizes they're the same person, she can't help but be embarrassed by her behavior.

Well, I think there still is legitimate anger at Clark for lying, especially since he knows how men have lied/used her in the past. (*Especially* given the lies fed to her by Lex.) But the majority of it is just her being angry at herself.

But when she has time to process her emotions, she comes to understand that she does love him, all of him.

Right. Even the fact that she lets him leave right away to tend to a call for help shows them both that she loves him still.

This is necessary for their relationship to progress further. She needs to understand who Clark really is, know that soul of the man she has fallen in love with is still the same person. But she does legitimately need to decide if she can handle all of him, the downsides that come with being in a relationship with Superman.

Exactly. And I think she realizes that right away too. He's really Clark, just with a slightly different than normal hobby. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely way to end the night, DC notworthy.

I really enjoyed this. Your writing (as always) is such a pleasure to read, but also, your points--what and where Lois' mind would be during this time--were all so accurate.

How confusing of a situation dizzy! I mean, overall, really, it's wonderful when she figures out the truth--for herself, but just as much so, for Clark. But I can see her mind, her thoughts, her feelings, going every which way. Her best friend--her rock--who she so recently fully let into her life and started to date, is also her out-of-this-world crush. Finding that out would be such a whirlwind.

All of a sudden, your best friend isn't even from earth. He has abilities--the guy can FLY shock. But also...he's lied to you--to your face, since the beginning. Immediately, 'Clark' doesn't seem as much like someone you really know...but at the exact same time, 'Superman' all to quickly has the familiarity (and normalcy) of the guy you are dating.

It would be like coming home--finally understanding why you could love two people at the same time. It would be the ultimate 'clarity', and likewise, the most extreme 'reality check'.

It would have been great to see more of Lois' thought process in the show--more of her adjustment to 'life'. This story totally gave us that clap.

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Laura! wave

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading! I'm glad it rang true for you.

What a time for Lois, huh? The betrayal, the embarrassment, the "duh!" moment, but still knowing that she loves Clark anyway. Yes, she reacts perhaps a bit harshly to the situation, but I can't really blame her, especially given her history with men, that she would have a knee-jerk reaction to finding out that Clark's been keeping secrets. (After all, her last fiancé was keeping all sorts of secrets.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki! You got a lot of vignettes out there shock

I should have seen it.

Should have known. Should have...I don't know. Opened my eyes. Not been so willfully blind. Should have been smarter.

How could I have missed it?
Love makes blind?
LOIS: Yeah, well…I still could have had two *years* of nookie on the ceiling if I hadn’t discarded his application for the position back during the Messenger crisis.

Scratch that. Not "sometimes," but actually with surprising frequency.
And yet, the paper still went belly up.
LOIS: There’s something fishy there. And I’m not talking about the unpaid overtime…

Or...I'm not even sure what we are now. Or, rather, what I want us to be now.
[Linked Image] ?
LOIS: Yes. But that’s not the point!

He doesn't exactly keep normal hours and an apartment where I can go visit him in my spare time, or a phone I can call him on to ask him a question or to see how his day went.
She really should have bought him at the auction, I gather?

And I know, without a doubt, this is the case. Clark is real - he has a history, parents, baby pictures, an employment and tax record, an apartment. Superman is the fraud - he was birthed only a short time ago, on the night when the space program's future dangled by a frayed thread over the pit of oblivion.
SUPERMAN: So, I should have spent the extra c-note on the backstory for my new identity?

Were those truly acts of the divine? Or were they acts of the extraterrestrial? Did a pre-Superman Clark save lives without the guise of Superman there to hide his true identity?
Nah…that would be reckless.

For years now, I've gotten to know each man - and I still think of Superman as separate from Clark somehow, as though he literally sheds his humanity when he dons the costume of the alien hero during a rescue or other public appearance - or, at least, I thought I did.
I’m sure that changes the first time some bimbo kisses him during the next rescue.
LOIS: mad That. Is. MY. Man!

Blind.

Stupid.

I can't decide which one I was. I can't decide which one is worse. Maybe...I guess it could have been a little - or a lot - of both.
clap
TEMPUS: thumbsup
HERB: thumbsup
CLARK: peep

I wanted to learn as much as I could about my handsome knight in blue armor so that I might have a chance of one day becoming his girlfriend.
Cough-stalker-cough!

my geeky new partner had finely honed journalisic skills, even if his fluff pieces didn't - or couldn't - showcase them
Like the one on the retirement home scandal?
LOIS: mad

A freedom we both knew would never come to pass. More and more would have been demanded of Clark, and we both were painfully aware of that fact.
You know, meteorites have been known to fall and kill people. It *can* happen.

When I finally confront him with my knowledge, I want to ensure that we have enough time and clear enough heads. I'm going to demand answers, and I don't want to be rushed.
So, when he proposes sounds like a good time, then?
LOIS: razz

I couldn't, in case the worst should have happened, let him live the rest of his life wondering just how angry I'd been when I realized the truth.
That would have been evil. He might even not have realized *why* she suddenly got angry and then she’d be frozen and it would be too late.
SUPERMAN: help

I guess it doesn't really matter how he did it. He managed to fool the entire world, managed to perpetuate the lie, managed to keep himself firmly under the radar.
Well done, Mr. Truth-And-Justice. You managed to perpetuate the lie you’re telling the entire *world*.

I know he'll trust me. I'm sure of it.
LOIS: shock He proposed? He *proposed* and did not tell me first? mad

Well, at least I know it can't get any worse. He can't lie to me anymore. He can't hide. He can't escape telling me the truth - all of it. He can't pull any more surprises. I'm on to him. Nothing else can blindside this newly acquired x-ray vision.
evil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael! wave

You got a lot of vignettes out there

They kept sneak-attacking me this year!

LOIS: Yeah, well…I still could have had two *years* of nookie on the ceiling if I hadn’t discarded his application for the position back during the Messenger crisis.

Clark: Sure, *now* she realizes that. <twitches with pent up desire>

She really should have bought him at the auction, I gather?

Lois' Bank Account: help

SUPERMAN: So, I should have spent the extra c-note on the backstory for my new identity?

You get what you pay for, my friend.

I’m sure that changes the first time some bimbo kisses him during the next rescue.
LOIS: mad That. Is. MY. Man!

lol

You know, meteorites have been known to fall and kill people. It *can* happen.

devilsplat

Well done, Mr. Truth-And-Justice. You managed to perpetuate the lie you’re telling the entire *world*.

Clark: Well...err...um...<toes carpet>

Glad to see you back, Michael!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

They kept sneak-attacking me this year!
laugh

Clark: Sure, *now* she realizes that. <twitches with pent up desire>
ER: [Linked Image]
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois' Bank Account: <doesn’t think some things are worth sleeping under the bridge for>
To be fair, she could have just taken the check fraud, done her time and then moved in with him.

Glad to see you back, Michael!
smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard