Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266115 09/18/15 01:21 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another little offering from my muse to you. Thanks mostly to Virginia posting about the episode.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! You've posted this already! You've been teasing me with hints all week. laugh

Hmmmm. Did Clark really bust out of the stockade, leaving his uniform behind, and forget to return? shock Ooops! clap I guess he could use the excuse that Clark Kent was disintegrated by the Hawkeye's ray (ala Night of the Comet), but then he would've ended up with a ToGoM problem too early in S2. wink

I'm glad they decided to recruit Superman into their ranks and honorably defend his secret!

I am beginning to wonder how many people Clark Superman Kent has sent to drinking due to knowing / figuring out his secret, though.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Thanks mostly to Virginia posting about the episode.
[Linked Image] Aww. Shucks. You're welcome to any use of my muse to inspire you!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome, another 'Tale' clap clap clap !

I loved how the men put it together, step by step. It really was a pretty logical discussion--even considering one was already a few drinks in, and the other was playing catch up wink. And their conversion, which I was so impressed by, came across as very real--great choice of speaking words, wonderful writing.

I've very much enjoyed seeing stories in this series be created notworthy.
Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Yea! Another Canterbury Tale! clap Fabulous - you vividly created the atmosphere in which these two characters would have this conversation, and the conclusion they arrived at made rational sense.
"So, leave him be. Let him have whatever secrets or private life he wants, so long as he remains on the side of good. He's not hurting anyone by living his life, right? So why try to mess that up for him? The guy's saved all our lives on a daily basis since he appeared over a year ago. I'm not about to be the one to destroy whatever life he's managed to build. Are you?"
clap I love that in all of these Tales, we've created characters that fundamentally understand this truth about Clark - that he's a good guy who deserves his privacy, and that preserving Superman's secret is one thing a regular person could do pay him back for all that he does for everyone else. It's like Metropolis' social contract - Superman keeps doing what he's doing, and we'll ignore the truth that is literally staring us in the face (thanks, Daily Planet advertising department!).
Great story! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfect story, told from two guys who are normally 'boots on the ground'.

These Canterbury Tales are great!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderful tale! clap thumbsup clap

Delightful to see how these two soldiers logically and correctly put the clues together, then decide to protect Clark/Superman. His character often seems so alone and isolated, it's nice to see these tales where there are perfect strangers putting the pieces together and deciding to protect him and his secret.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yea! You've posted this already! You've been teasing me with hints all week. laugh

Hmmmm. Did Clark really bust out of the stockade, leaving his uniform behind, and forget to return? shock Ooops! clap I guess he could use the excuse that Clark Kent was disintegrated by the Hawkeye's ray (ala Night of the Comet), but then he would've ended up with a ToGoM problem too early in S2. wink

I'm glad they decided to recruit Superman into their ranks and honorably defend his secret!

I am beginning to wonder how many people Clark Superman Kent has sent to drinking due to knowing / figuring out his secret, though.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Thanks mostly to Virginia posting about the episode.
[Linked Image] Aww. Shucks. You're welcome to any use of my muse to inspire you!

Hi, Virginia! wave

Glad you enjoyed it. And SO glad you were asking questions about Operation: Blackout. I love that it spawned this little plot bunny.

Well, Clark couldn't have forgotten the uniform, since he was wearing it back at the DP. But he did bust the bars and I doubt he heat-visioned them back together.

Methinks Metropolis and Smallville is in high alcohol demand. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Awesome, another 'Tale' clap clap clap !

I loved how the men put it together, step by step. It really was a pretty logical discussion--even considering one was already a few drinks in, and the other was playing catch up wink. And their conversion, which I was so impressed by, came across as very real--great choice of speaking words, wonderful writing.

I've very much enjoyed seeing stories in this series be created notworthy.
Great job!
Laura

Thanks, glad you liked it. smile I've also really been enjoying all of these little tales.

Maybe the drinks helped them to consider the absurd? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Yea! Another Canterbury Tale! clap Fabulous - you vividly created the atmosphere in which these two characters would have this conversation, and the conclusion they arrived at made rational sense.
"So, leave him be. Let him have whatever secrets or private life he wants, so long as he remains on the side of good. He's not hurting anyone by living his life, right? So why try to mess that up for him? The guy's saved all our lives on a daily basis since he appeared over a year ago. I'm not about to be the one to destroy whatever life he's managed to build. Are you?"
clap I love that in all of these Tales, we've created characters that fundamentally understand this truth about Clark - that he's a good guy who deserves his privacy, and that preserving Superman's secret is one thing a regular person could do pay him back for all that he does for everyone else. It's like Metropolis' social contract - Superman keeps doing what he's doing, and we'll ignore the truth that is literally staring us in the face (thanks, Daily Planet advertising department!).
Great story! thumbsup

That's true - many of us have done that, haven't we? Also, who wants Superman mad at them? wink Thank for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Perfect story, told from two guys who are normally 'boots on the ground'.

These Canterbury Tales are great!

Thank you! I agree - everyone's tales have been great. I hope to see more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Wonderful tale! clap thumbsup clap

Delightful to see how these two soldiers logically and correctly put the clues together, then decide to protect Clark/Superman. His character often seems so alone and isolated, it's nice to see these tales where there are perfect strangers putting the pieces together and deciding to protect him and his secret.

Thank you! I think any decent person would choose to protect Clark. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

"Anything to eat for you boys?" Phil asked, nodding, and wiping his hands on a clean bar rag. He was an older southern gentleman, and the two younger men knew that he looked at them almost as if they were his sons.
[Linked Image] ?

The answers sounded too fantastical to be real.
“We caught Superman’s brother he didn’t want to stay?”

"He's all about putting the bad guys behind bars, not bending the bars so they can waltz right on out again."
Unless he wants to…well…shag the prisoner.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

"And why would he identify himself as Clark Kent? You know, the newspaper guy?" Bruno asked impatiently.
Oops?

"That still doesn't explain why Superman would pretend to be Kent. Especially if those two are friends.
He not the smart one. And that’s *without* drinking.

Some reporter is a superhero.
LOIS: wave

"I was thinking. What if that really was Superman, like you said. Only he wasn't pretending to be the reporter."
Maybe they should put *that* in the report. It’s not like it’s ever going to get read, anyway. Not in *this* millennium, anyway.

armed forces.
At least till he steals a nuke.

And, best of all, for a change, you and I get to defend this planet's greatest protector."
laugh

Nicely done!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“We caught Superman’s brother he didn’t want to stay?”

"Weird thing was, he kept asking for frogs."

Unless he wants to…well…shag the prisoner.
LOIS:

Clark: peep

Clark: That was like ONE TIME!

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

"Weird thing was, he kept asking for frogs."
Good one!

Clark: That was like ONE TIME!
Hey, look, it’s like with having sex. One time can be enough evil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard