Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

I don't know why, but my mind keeps going back to the bit at the end of Ides of Metropolis where Clark tells Lois he didn't tell her his biggest secret. Lois is one of the most curious people alive... why would she not have followed that up and dug a little deeper?

This story has zero A plot and to be honest, not a lot of point. It's basically fluff, but it's been bugging me for days, so I finally wrote it down. It hasn't been beta read, so any mistakes are my own.

I'll post the second half in the next day or so.

Enjoy! (hopefully)

Feli.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love it. Want to see the next part straight away frown Can't you post now?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Hehehe, I need to finish writing it first! smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice one! Great start. I wonder how you are going to wrap this up in just one more part.

I always love when Lois determines that Clark is interested in a woman and never having a clue that the woman is Lois herself. Sometimes I wonder if Tempus was not correct, at least as far as it goes. Lois frequently acts emotionally stupid, but since she really never had emotionally adult role models growing up I guess it is not surprising that she was never shown the how she was suppose to grow up emotionally.

Like KK, I await part deux.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, My! You went to the very heart of the matter really quick! I shouldn't be surprised, because it is only a 2 parter. I love when Lois gets jealous of herself just as when Clark gets jealous of himself. The only difference is that Lois doesn't know it's herself she's jealous of.

Clark sounds very frustrated. First, it feels as if Lois is asking him out on a date (of sorts), then he finds out she's only pumping him for information.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love this, Feli! smile

Jealously of themselves--such a great concept! While I can see and totally have empathy for Clark, thinking Lois could only love the superficial 'Super' part of himself--as she drools over this version initially, I've always especially loved the irony of when Lois feels this way. One of the BEST investigative reporters out there, having no clue her partner is head over heals in love with her. I've definitely always attributed her cluelessness to the lack of upbringing (like Mike mentioned). But also, I've always thought it could be lack of confidence--deep down not thinking Clark could love her. Hiding her true self, and likewise her true REAL feelings for Clark. Because--way deep down there--in her most honest 'self', I believe she started to fall for Clark pretty early in their friendship, too.

Love the finger imprints on the sink--really creative reveal smile!

Can't wait for more...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I hope Clark and Lois can resolve this in the next part!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi NostalgiaKick!

Stories like this were like bread and butter- filling, but not particularly interesting.
Would the truth about Superman’s secret identity be more to her liking?
LOIS: drool

“I was just wondering... if you're doing anything after work.”
“Why?” His question was frankly suspicious.
“I thought maybe we could catch up over takeout and a movie.”
“Oh!” He sounded pleasantly surprised. “Sure, I'm not doing anything.”
“Don't sound so surprised, Clark.”
He shot her a teasing grin. “Well, usually when you ask me if I'm doing anything, you have something much less... legal... in mind.”
laugh
CAT: Some of the things I do are still illegal in some states, too angel-devil

She slapped at his shoulder. “Not always,” she pointed out. “Say your place? 7.30? I'll get the movie if you'll get the food,” she offered.
Going for home cooked, then?
LOIS: Maybe…? Also, he always picks sappy romance movies instead of something with guns and blood and male butt.

Lately, Research had hired a new employee- Teresa. She’d created quite a stir in the Planet offices, being blonde and pretty,
evil
CLARK: What?

He accepted the folders she handed him with a smile and a nod- and Lois was intrigued to see that he didn’t watch her leave.
Hmm…maybe he’s gay?

one, he wasn’t interested in women in general, or two, he was only interested in one woman in particular.
jawdrop

While Clark was a bit more subtle about it than most men she knew, Lois knew he was definitely interested in women- his reaction to Antoinette Baines, Toni Taylor and Lois herself in his first few days at the Planet proved that.
She’s…*smart* jawdrop

Which left the second option... Could Clark have a girlfriend?
Nah…

“Well, that's your secret, isn't it? You've got a girlfriend.”
And yet he spends his night with her…

“No, I am not telling you who it is. Even”- he forestalled her next question. “Even if you guess.”
Oh? That’s new. evil

The words stuck in her throat.

There were indents in the sink where his hands had been moments before. Finger shaped indents.
Oops?

“So I guess that was your real secret.”
Superman was there earlier and he and Clark where engaged in the kitchen in some…not-kitcheny activity?

/off to part two/
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Michael, your comments should come with a warning... "Will cause uncontrollable laughter."
Originally Posted by DarthMichael
Superman was there earlier and he and Clark where engaged in the kitchen in some…not-kitcheny activity?
This bit... I laughed so loud I woke the kids. Oops!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oops? I guess, one day I should change my signature. Then again, by the time you get to it, it's too late anyway laugh But FoLCs do from time to time mention the danger of drinking while reading FDKs. Apparently, it can be hazardous to your health. Or that of your keyboard.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Awww, I loved this!! Definitely in character for Lois to try and figure out Clark's secret, especially when the guy actually admits that he has one!

*giggling at "something much less... legal"*

I like the logic of Lois's thought processes in coming to the conclusion that Clark has a girlfriend - it makes perfect sense, at least considering that she's clueless about Clark's feelings for her. But I love it when he's describing her and she has no idea that he's talking about her!

What a great revelation! Now I need to know what happens next!! *runs off to Part 2*

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard