bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback goes here

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This in my mind is Lois at her best! She is a detective, reporter and most of all friend to a lonely young man who has amazing powers.

During her time at the Daily Planet, Lois had only seen Perry do that once – when a story of a former co-worker had led to the White House. Back then, the lead had turned out to be a dead end, but understandably, Perry preferred being involved in the investigation over printing false accusations. While the NTSB was not the White House, alluding to bribery in the organization was dangerous terrain. A paper like the Daily Planet could not afford to lose its reputation over rumors.

Love this touch of detail about Perry and the Daily Planet's concern about its reputation!

“Niche to ..ear f..om you!” came the enthusiastic reply, confirming her suspicion. This could only be Bobby Bigmouth. She heard him swallow, before he continued. “How can I help you, Lois?”

Yup, pure Bobby! thumbsup

Staring at the receiver in her hand, Lois wondered what that meant. Flattered as she felt at Luthor’s attention, she could not help but be suspicious of it. Would he be as forthcoming if she did not know Clark? Shaking her head to get rid of those confusing thoughts, Lois put her own receiver back in its place. Clark’s paranoia was clearly rubbing off on her. It was paramount that she stick to her plan – learn as much about Luthor as she possibly could and see where it led her. With that plan in mind, Lois pushed her lingering uneasiness aside. She was a reporter in pursuit of a story. It was completely irrelevant what Luthor hoped a third date might encompass, at his place no less.

A third date at Lex's place could be nothing more than pure trouble. Listen to those nagging thoughts.

Great story! Now when is Clark coming back? grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you for your feedback, Morgana. Clark will return soon, I promise.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love the story, Bakasi!

This section had a really nice tone to it, a great flow. I really am enjoying this story. All of the details that you are putting into each section--how each part really has the feel of an investigation, and what that is like, day to day, for the reporters involved.

Missing/wondering/worrying about Clark, though...hmmm--just where is that guy? smile

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm enjoying this story! I like how Lois is following up on the "accident" that caused Baines' death. I'm betting the guy in the shadows was Clark, but we won't know the answer on that for some time. Please, PLEASE let Lois get in contact with Clark soon. Something tells me though, that he won't show up until Lois is once more in danger again.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you for your feedback, Laura an Christina. Where is Clark? Mmh, as he would put it: around.

I hope to be back with another part soon. Real life keeps interfering.

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry for the delay in posting this story. The reason is about 50 cm tall and two hands full of work - my newborn daughter Isabel. I hope I'll be able to return soon with more of this story.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations party party party !!!

No rush. The boards will be here down the road when you have some spare time...
Laura

(Love her name, by the way smile ).

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard