Pulitzer
comments go here.

Story - TOC

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
I knew it. The trip to the Congo came back to bite her in the ... uh.

And then the proposal. I got the feeling that - because of the immigration thing, and because of my suspicion that she'd be denied - she'd be asking Clark for a fake marriage.

Cannot wait to read more and see them turn it in to a real marriage.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
As she did she said, "I guess we need to get down to the immigration office and get that little thing straightened out. Come on, Clark."

Mr. Edwards said, "Okay, since Claude is being transferred and this will be temporary, I think that Perry would be willing to return to the Editor's office until you get this all straightened out. I'll talk to him. Starting tomorrow and until this is straightened out, both of you will return to reporter status."

Looking more like STP here, I suspect as in that story Lois' turn at the helm is ending. I doubt this Perry liked the C-Suite any more than the one in STP. I am liking the story although I don't care for this version of Lois any more than I did her turn in STP. She should come with a warning label "Do Not Give Me Power". Since they haven't been married for months here like they had in STP this dynamic might not be the same. I look forward to the remainder of the story.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The thought of making Claude editor just because he is
'senior' makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The guy was a creep and a poor writer.

Last edited by Morgana; 09/11/15 08:17 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois's chickens have come home to roost. Not surprising she was so focused on the Congo story she totally forgot she can't leave the U.S. wallbash

Mr. Edwards deciding to make Claude Editor in Chief apparently without Perry's input is a poor executive decision. And it's a poor reflection on Lois as an executive that the publisher sees her Assistant Editor as a secretary.

"I'm not going to marry you, at least not this way."

Go Clark! hyper Lois, I think you've finally used up your local superhero's patience.

"Sure you are, because if you don't, your dream of touching millions of people with the written word would have disappeared like so much steam." Lois folded her hands over the copy she had been working on. "If I had been deported and they and promoted Claude, he would have fired you immediately because you were associated with me, guaranteed." His phone started to ring. "Don't worry, as soon as the proper amount of time has passed, we'll get a quickie divorce and no one will be the wiser. But until then, like it or not, your wagon … is hitched … to mine." She pointed at his desk and said, "Telephone," as she went back to editing the copy.

Boy she sure takes arrogance to a new level. She wants a huge favor from Clark to save her behind, and is telling him he'll do this. Not even asking him to put his freedom on the line, just telling him he's going to do it. To her it's a business decision, not personal. I find her acting like it's part of his job at the Planet particularly annoying. She's also about used up my sympathy for her. She doesn't seem to have a clue about kindness, tact or anyone else's feelings.

Clark finally said, "Well, you see, it's this way. Mr. Ramsbottom, Lois and I are just two people … that shouldn't have fallen in love, but we did. We kept it secret, because we felt that it would be deeply inappropriate to announce that I was being made an editor with equal, shared authority, over the newsroom if it were known that we were involved. I've loved Lois from the moment I saw her. It just took her a little longer to realize that she loved me as well."

Brilliant! Clark uses Lois's own words to give her what she wants, and then goes on to right the wrong and get more than the Assistant Editor that Perry envisioned. Glad to see Clark asserting himself. clap And this is a great move for The Planet, as Clark is the only one other than Perry who can rein in Mad Dog Lane. Of course whether they'll return to be co-editors or remain reporters remains to be seen.

Eagerly awaiting Tuesday.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Vicki,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by KatherineKent
I knew it. The trip to the Congo came back to bite her in the ... uh.

And then the proposal. I got the feeling that - because of the immigration thing, and because of my suspicion that she'd be denied - she'd be asking Clark for a fake marriage.

Cannot wait to read more and see them turn it in to a real marriage.

Actually, that wasn't the proposal. That is in the next chapter and it is something of an object lesson, I just hope that Lois learns the lesson, don't you?

As to turning it into a real marriage, we have a long way to go before we get to that point. That is if we really get there.

Last edited by KenJ; 09/14/15 09:04 PM.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Mike M
As she did she said, "I guess we need to get down to the immigration office and get that little thing straightened out. Come on, Clark."

Mr. Edwards said, "Okay, since Claude is being transferred and this will be temporary, I think that Perry would be willing to return to the Editor's office until you get this all straightened out. I'll talk to him. Starting tomorrow and until this is straightened out, both of you will return to reporter status."

Looking more like STP here, I suspect as in that story Lois' turn at the helm is ending. I doubt this Perry liked the C-Suite any more than the one in STP. I am liking the story although I don't care for this version of Lois any more than I did her turn in STP. She should come with a warning label "Do Not Give Me Power". Since they haven't been married for months here like they had in STP this dynamic might not be the same. I look forward to the remainder of the story.

Mike

There are bound to be similarities across the universes. As we are going through this story our local couple is comparing their experiences to those of this new couple. I guess we'll have to wait and see how everything turns out. We have barely scratched the surface with 6 posts. There will be a total of 22.

Last edited by KenJ; 09/15/15 08:18 PM.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
The thought of making Claude editor just because he is
'senior' makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The guy was a creep and a poor writer.

Ah, but the powers that be don't know that. He has won a couple of awards. They were for other reporter's stories that he stole, but Perry was never able to prove it.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi cuiadora,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Lois's chickens have come home to roost. Not surprising she was so focused on the Congo story she totally forgot she can't leave the U.S. wallbash

Mr. Edwards deciding to make Claude Editor in Chief apparently without Perry's input is a poor executive decision. And it's a poor reflection on Lois as an executive that the publisher sees her Assistant Editor as a secretary.

There had been a lapse of five months since she had been told by INS that she couldn’t leave the country. After that amount of time, it is easy to forget.
There were a lot of mistakes all around. The power of position did go to Lois’s head.

"I'm not going to marry you, at least not this way."

Go Clark! hyper Lois, I think you've finally used up your local superhero's patience.

Lois is treading on thin ice and she doesn’t really realize it.

"Sure you are, because if you don't, your dream of touching millions of people with the written word would have disappeared like so much steam." Lois folded her hands over the copy she had been working on. "If I had been deported and they and promoted Claude, he would have fired you immediately because you were associated with me, guaranteed." His phone started to ring. "Don't worry, as soon as the proper amount of time has passed, we'll get a quickie divorce and no one will be the wiser. But until then, like it or not, your wagon … is hitched … to mine." She pointed at his desk and said, "Telephone," as she went back to editing the copy.

Boy she sure takes arrogance to a new level. She wants a huge favor from Clark to save her behind, and is telling him he'll do this. Not even asking him to put his freedom on the line, just telling him he's going to do it. To her it's a business decision, not personal. I find her acting like it's part of his job at the Planet particularly annoying. She's also about used up my sympathy for her. She doesn't seem to have a clue about kindness, tact or anyone else's feelings.

Lois thought that her logic was irrefutable.

Clark finally said, "Well, you see, it's this way. Mr. Ramsbottom, Lois and I are just two people … that shouldn't have fallen in love, but we did. We kept it secret, because we felt that it would be deeply inappropriate to announce that I was being made an editor with equal, shared authority, over the newsroom if it were known that we were involved. I've loved Lois from the moment I saw her. It just took her a little longer to realize that she loved me as well."

Brilliant! Clark uses Lois's own words to give her what she wants, and then goes on to right the wrong and get more than the Assistant Editor that Perry envisioned. Glad to see Clark asserting himself. clap And this is a great move for The Planet, as Clark is the only one other than Perry who can rein in Mad Dog Lane. Of course whether they'll return to be co-editors or remain reporters remains to be seen.

Eagerly awaiting Tuesday.

It’s Tuesday!

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard