OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great chapter! Late with these comments, but now I get to read 2 chapters!

After the Prometheus story the Daily Planet was invaded by a horde of government agents that turned out to be as phony as a three pound note, uh, sorry, three dollar bill.

Love this line. lol

There were a number of occasions when Perry came down to visit his old office and see how things were progressing. One thing that he found somewhat distressing was that Clark's role had been somewhat downgraded, actually more than somewhat. He had become more of an Administrative Assistant than Associate Editor as he had envisioned.

The way she's treating him, Administrative Assistant would be a promotion. My guess is that Perry doesn't know exactly how she treats Clark.

He asked, "Did you read that story I turned in?"

"Clark, you aren't a reporter anymore."

"I know, but, it's a good story."

"It was okay in a touchy feely way and I do think that you drink the same coffee as me just in case you spill one which is ... in fact … pathetic."

Ouch. She's really demanding and demeaning. He's not pathetic, sweet. Lois, you're really testing Clark's superhuman limits of his patience with your sharp tongue and demands. dizzy

"Now when Claude arrives, you're window dressing."

Poor Clark. Now he's part of the furniture. On second thought, maybe window dressing is less than being part of the furniture. shock

As they were walking away, Claude slunk back to his desk and Lois said to Clark, "I'll need you around this weekend to go over his files to see if he was actually doing any reporting and if so what needs to be followed up on."

Clark was shocked and blurted out, "This weekend?"

She turned on him and asked, "You have a problem with that?"

Clark decided not to fight it, "No, it's just my parent's anniversary and the Corn Festival. I … I was going to go home and …it's fine … I'll cancel. You're actually saving me from a weekend of misery anyway." By this point, Lois was long gone and he finished, lamely, "Good talking to you. Yeah."

Lois just doesn't know when to stop does she? Looks like she didn't learn much from finding the doll with the "S" painted on it. wallbash

Lois stepped up to him and asked, "That your family?"

Almost reluctantly, he admitted, "Yes."

She asked, "They tell you to quit?"

Shaking his head again, he said, "Every single day."

Lois, wake up! wallbash His parents are telling him every day to quit his dream job. Doesn't that give you even a teeny tiny clue as to how you're behaving?

Looking forward to seeing what happens when Clark's patience finally ends.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Cuidadora,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Great chapter! Late with these comments, but now I get to read 2 chapters!

After the Prometheus story the Daily Planet was invaded by a horde of government agents that turned out to be as phony as a three pound note, uh, sorry, three dollar bill.

Love this line. lol

Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying my little story. I just had to come up with something and I needed it to be based on something British.

There were a number of occasions when Perry came down to visit his old office and see how things were progressing. One thing that he found somewhat distressing was that Clark's role had been somewhat downgraded, actually more than somewhat. He had become more of an Administrative Assistant than Associate Editor as he had envisioned.

The way she's treating him, Administrative Assistant would be a promotion. My guess is that Perry doesn't know exactly how she treats Clark.

Half the time that Perry visited, Clark was out on rescues. The other times Lois treated him nicer.

He asked, "Did you read that story I turned in?"

"Clark, you aren't a reporter anymore."

"I know, but, it's a good story."

"It was okay in a touchy feely way and I do think that you drink the same coffee as me just in case you spill one which is ... in fact … pathetic."

Ouch. She's really demanding and demeaning. He's not pathetic, sweet. Lois, you're really testing Clark's superhuman limits of his patience with your sharp tongue and demands. dizzy

Clark puts up with it because, no matter how badly she treats him, he still loves her.

"Now when Claude arrives, you're window dressing."

Poor Clark. Now he's part of the furniture. On second thought, maybe window dressing is less than being part of the furniture. shock

Actually, in this case it was just an expression. She was indicating that she was the one to do all of the talking.

As they were walking away, Claude slunk back to his desk and Lois said to Clark, "I'll need you around this weekend to go over his files to see if he was actually doing any reporting and if so what needs to be followed up on."

Clark was shocked and blurted out, "This weekend?"

She turned on him and asked, "You have a problem with that?"

Clark decided not to fight it, "No, it's just my parent's anniversary and the Corn Festival. I … I was going to go home and …it's fine … I'll cancel. You're actually saving me from a weekend of misery anyway." By this point, Lois was long gone and he finished, lamely, "Good talking to you. Yeah."

Lois just doesn't know when to stop does she? Looks like she didn't learn much from finding the doll with the "S" painted on it. wallbash

Here she is simply being focused on the job.

Lois stepped up to him and asked, "That your family?"

Almost reluctantly, he admitted, "Yes."

She asked, "They tell you to quit?"

Shaking his head again, he said, "Every single day."

Lois, wake up! wallbash His parents are telling him every day to quit his dream job. Doesn't that give you even a teeny tiny clue as to how you're behaving?

In this one, Lois is oblivious. She knows she wants him there, but the power of position has taken center stage.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when Clark's patience finally ends.

We have a long way to go. Hang in there with me to see just how things work themselves out.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard