Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
My thanks to everyone who's been so supportive of this story. I'm on the edge of my seat here, hoping to hear from you again. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
I'm constantly amazed, every time I read another draft of your stories, by how much you tinker and fine-tune each section. A changed word here, an added sentence there, and what I thought was already perfection is even better. hail

Lex is a creepy stalker! Suave and sophisticated, but creepy nonetheless! Very glad his odd appearances tingled Lois' Spidey sense...she is an investigative reporter, after all. I LOVE Lois and Clark's conversation. The teasing about everyone's bedtime attire makes me giddy. jump Hot and hilarious! thumbsup

Edit: LOL...oh, wait, I got a little ahead of myself there, didn't I? Poor, lonely Lois doesn't know what Superman and Clark sleep in when they snuggle under the sheets. I bet she'd like to know, though. I bet all of you readers out there would like to know, too. laugh

Susan, who absolutely loves being Sue's beta, because she has a very vivid idea of exactly what everyone does (or does not) wear to bed. dance

Last edited by groobie; 09/04/15 11:04 AM. Reason: Got a little ahead of myself ;)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dear, if you had wanted your Lex to be creepy, you definitely succeeded! Such an anxiety while I was reading... O__o
I thought you'd make Lois realize how much of a jerk Lex is later in the story (although I'm glad she's a bit smarter this time, don't get me wrong!), so now I'm really curious to see how the plot will develop smile
(By the way, how cute are those two on the telephone? Forget the bill! <3)

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Sue! peep

I'm loving your story (I always do)! Sorry I haven't been leaving FDK, but time is a rare thing these days for me. [Linked Image] I was going into withdrawal from your stories when you started posting this amazing fic and saved me! [Linked Image]

Anyway, just a little curiosity of mine. I'm wondering why Lois's phone is not bugged (Clark would know if it were, wouldn't he?)... Lex took so many steps to keep Clark away from Lois and he's watching her every move, so I'm amazed that he is not interfering with their nightly calls (and I'm not complaining, their calls are the best part of every chapter). Clark told Lois that they took his mobile phone (I don't remember them having mobile phones in the first season, just beepers) but it shows that Lex wanted to avoid any contact between them. So it got me confused about his apparent slip. Or is there some obscure motivation that I'm not catching? [Linked Image]

I'm hungry! I want more! Impatiently waiting here! [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Susan - Awww, thanks! You say the nicest things! blush I'm so grateful that you're willing to read these parts over and over again. hail
absolutely loves being Sue's beta, because she has a very vivid idea of exactly what everyone does (or does not) wear to bed.
Indeed, you do! Lois, Clark, *and* Superman. thumbsup

Hidden Moon - You came back! I was worried I'd lost you. Yes, I definitely want Lex to come across as creepy in this story (because, let's face it, he IS creepy).
I thought you'd make Lois realize how much of a jerk Lex is later in the story (although I'm glad she's a bit smarter this time, don't get me wrong!), so now I'm really curious to see how the plot will develop
Lois is supposed to be smart, so I wanted her to be smart. Any hesitation on her part in recognizing just how wrong Lex is comes from the basic human tendency not to believe we have poor judgment. Especially Lois, she has a harder time than most in recognizing her blind spots.
By the way, how cute are those two on the telephone? Forget the bill!
Thanks! They have lots more to say before it's over. laugh

Andreia - Thank you! It's so good to see you here! I have precious little time myself these days, which is why it takes me so friggin' long to get anything done. I get up early and/or stay up late to write, so it really, really, REALLY means a lot to me to have you take a couple of minutes to let me know I'm not wasting my time. wallbash
I'm wondering why Lois's phone is not bugged (Clark would know if it were, wouldn't he?)
How could Clark know the phone was tapped? A bug sends out a radio signal, but the tap could be on the line directly and impossible to detect. That is, if Lex is tapping her phone. Only Lex (and my beta) know for sure. evil

Thanks again, you guys, for the comments. They truly do mean a lot to me. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, looking forward to more.

I do hope her phone is tapped.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thursdays are the best days of the week now! I love having a new part to look forward to each week! I read this right away on Thursday, because I couldn't wait. Didn't have time for the fdk, but now I get to go back and read it again!

All through lunch she had surreptitiously watched Lex, trying to decide if he was ruthless, or charming, or ruthlessly charming, or charmingly ruthless.

Haha, such a terrific line. I can totally see Lois thinking this. Love the way that you worded this one.

The next day she had five more chance encounters with Lex. Each time, he had been amused by how often they kept bumping into each other. He'd even suggested, with a twist of a smile, that maybe she was stalking him.

And... shudder. Not loving the weird, stalker-y encounters with Lex... and just like him to suggest Lois was following him, when that was exactly what he was doing to her. When, exactly, does Lois get the best of him? Because I'm looking forward to it.

"I could not ask for more," he said gently. "Save an answer in the affirmative."

I had to pull this line out because you write such a brilliant Lex. And by brilliant, I mean, smug, smarmy, snobby, elegant, charming, manipulative, and seriously creepy. This line is so very *him*.

I loved Lois and Clark's phone conversation - they are so cute, in tune with each other, and your dialogue makes for a fun read. You've got just the right chemistry between them: deep friendship, lots of caring and missing, and subtle tension, like the sleeping in the nude part. As a reader, I'm anxious for them to be back together, but first, I want Lois to realize she needs him back with her like the air she breathes. She's getting there; I loved that neither would hang up, the story of the little girl in the moon and her realization that flying with Superman may not be as fabulous as she once thought it would. Baby steps, Lois.

Can't wait for the next part!

Tracey smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Perry's replacement, Chip Peterson, turned out to be a humorless jerk with a vindictive streak.
So, he’s a business manager with a lawyer background?

Five minutes later she was removed from investigating Excelsior International and assigned to cover the upcoming school board elections.
[Linked Image]
LEX: CHIIIIP!
CHIP: But, sir, Ms. Lane made some very reasonable sounding points. help

In the grand scheme of things, Lois was pretty sure that even the dog show would have been more preferable.
Ah, punishment.

It turned out his arrival was due to a scheduling mistake, but Lex had seized the moment and taken her to lunch.
Right. ‘Scheduling mistake’. Uh-huh.

All through lunch she had surreptitiously watched Lex, trying to decide if he was ruthless, or charming, or ruthlessly charming, or charmingly ruthless.
Or maybe he’s just a sociopath with good acting skills.

"I, uh, I …," she had sputtered in response. The thought of spending an entire weekend with Lex was rather overwhelming, especially since it sounded like they would be all alone on a private island.
LEX: It’s just a very modest home away from home. Two living rooms, a private spa, a cinema, one bedroom.

She wasn't sure if she was ready to take their relationship to that level.
Not interested in rolling around in slime?

"Can I think about it and get back to you?"
She does keep ‘can I get back to you on that’ up a lot for Lex’s proposals. Maybe she should mix it up a bit with a couple of ‘Don’t call me. I’ll call you’s.

You will occupy one wing and I'll take the other, unless you'd rather I join you."
At least he’s not having her stay in the staff quarters behind the house.

Twenty minutes later, Lex arrived to attend a meeting discussing sponsorships for the athletic programs at several schools.
Look! Another conincidink.

Even though Lex had said "nothing fancy," Lois still put on a dress for dinner. She suspected Lex's vision of low-key didn't include jeans or a pizza.
LEX: Just the Mayor, the Commissioner, and a couple of NGO functionaries.

dressed in an elegant suit that she was willing to bet cost more than two month's wages.
LEX: It’s not my fault she’s bad at negotiating.

He'd even suggested, with a twist of a smile, that maybe she was stalking him.
/hears alarm bells/

"Darling!" Lex exclaimed. He crossed the macadam and kissed her cheek. "Whatever brings you here?"
Isn’t he cute?
CHIP: confused But Mr. Luthor gave me an assignment list and expressly told me to make sure Ms. Lane follows it precisely.

Lois gave him an uneasy smile. Did he really think she'd quit her job after they got married?
LEX: But being a wife is a fulltime job!

Lex smiled and gave her shoulder a light squeeze before walking away. She watched him get back in the limo, but she wasn't able to take a deep breath until it had driven onto the main road and disappeared in the distance.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if a big truck came barreling down that road and smashed Lex to smithereens?
CLARK: Very. And I wasn’t even in Metropolis to save him. Oh well…easy come, easy go as they say.
LOIS: But…but…but…the *story*! What am I going to do with the remaining 8 parts when it’s just me and Clark and a tropical island no suddenly available?

"I know; that's why I'm laughing. Lex wouldn't really send you to Siberia. I'm thinking he'd find something in North Korea for you instead."
Funny thought: There’s actually been a fic where Clark spent an extended amount of time in North Korea.

"I'll miss you," she corrected. "After you've been hauled off to a re-education camp, I'll miss you."
clap He will like Lex even less after he was educated on the dangers of capitalism.

"I'm going to tell him I can't marry him."

"You are?" Clark sounded as if he'd sat up fast.
Ceiling coming down around him?
CLARK: Umm… blush
Also, Lois keeps talking on the phone like she’s not even considering the possibility of a wiretap.

What the heck am I supposed to do with Lex Luthor on a private island for the whole weekend?"
Well, I’m sure Lex has a couple of ideas.

I can't even picture him wearing anything other than an expensive suit. He's not a shorts and t-shirt kind of guy."
Maybe he got a suit with printed on t-shirt and shorts?

Lois couldn't help laughing at that mental image. "Oh gawd! I bet he does. Maybe I should go with him this weekend and find out."
shock

Clark made a low chuckle that tickled in her ear. "He doesn't sleep in the cape either."
It’s usually used as a blanket for his professional caregivers, though.

"Okay, what about the blonde over on the foreign desk? Denise? Danielle?"

"Darlene works on the foreign desk, and you only get one guess a day, Lois."
Ah, so she doesn’t just print out the employee roster and goes woman by woman?
CLARK: My Moma hasn’t set a stupid boy out into space.

"You can have another guess tomorrow."

"And what if something happens to me before then?"
She does have a point there.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Anything could happen, right? You're the one who says I'm a danger to myself."
She could try to cook, for instance.

It wasn't necessarily that she wanted him to be in love with her (although, what was wrong with her that he didn't want her?),
She’s bossy. Aggressive. A bit vindictive. Mean to her coworkers. Sometimes she’s ruthless. Oh, and she’s a snob.

but Clark's having a girlfriend would mean the end of their late night conversations. Sooner or later she was going to lose his undivided friendship, and the loss was going to be more painful than she could bear.
Or she could wait till he is married and then apply for the vacant ‘professional caregiver’ position in his household.

God, what was he going to do? A man as obsessive as Luthor wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer tomorrow. Even worse, Superman wasn't nearly as close by as Lois thought he was.
What’s the worst he could do? It’s not like he could cart her off into a secret fortress in the Swiss Alps, now could he?

He looked closer and saw two men inside a dark-colored sedan. One of them was holding binoculars; the source of the glint that had caught his eye. Both men were dressed in dark clothing to blend in with the shadows. They could be police or FBI, but Clark didn't think so. Neither of them had a badge, although both were armed.
BATMAN: I now have minions and it’d be bad for business if Superman’s girlfriend got wacked by a sociopath.

Once the news got out that she was romantically linked with Lex Luthor, she would become a target.
LEX: rotflol Like someone would dare!

The woman hung up abruptly and Clark let out a small sough of bitter recognition as he finally recognized the voice. It was Mrs. Cox, Lex Luthor's personal assistant.
I’m not sure that was the correct thing to do of our little super stalker.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
To quote Lois: "This story keeps getting better and better!"

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Good morning! I hope everyone (in the US) enjoyed their long weekend. laugh

Framework - Thanks for dropping in! If her phone is tapped, then that means Lex heard them mocking him and his expensive wardrobe. lol He'd also have greater motivation to put Clark even further out of reach for Lois. Is that what you want? shock

Tracey - I'm starting to wonder if Thursday was a poor choice. It looks like a lot of people are reading at work or are pressed for time during the week. I'm probably going to switch to posting on the weekend instead.
And... shudder. Not loving the weird, stalker-y encounters with Lex... and just like him to suggest Lois was following him, when that was exactly what he was doing to her.
I think gaslighting Lois is half the fun for Lex.
When, exactly, does Lois get the best of him? Because I'm looking forward to it.
I can't really claim that she'll get the best of him, but she is starting to question his motivations.
I had to pull this line out because you write such a brilliant Lex. And by brilliant, I mean, smug, smarmy, snobby, elegant, charming, manipulative, and seriously creepy. This line is so very *him*.

Thank you! I find his dialogue is really fun to write, just because he uses the fancy words without even a trace of irony.
I loved Lois and Clark's phone conversation - they are so cute, in tune with each other, and your dialogue makes for a fun read. You've got just the right chemistry between them: deep friendship, lots of caring and missing, and subtle tension, like the sleeping in the nude part.
Thanks again! The only thing more fun to write than Lex is the banter between our heroes. thumbsup
As a reader, I'm anxious for them to be back together, but first, I want Lois to realize she needs him back with her like the air she breathes. She's getting there; I loved that neither would hang up, the story of the little girl in the moon and her realization that flying with Superman may not be as fabulous as she once thought it would. Baby steps, Lois.
Yes, she's just about to that point. She definitely misses him. She's jealous of his mystery woman. She's more realistic about her Superman fantasy. And she's realizing that Lex is not the man she thought he was. Baby steps, indeed. smile

Michael - Ha! As always, you've made me giggle. laugh
It could happen! He always has a good excuse!
Or maybe he’s just a sociopath with good acting skills.
He's going for the Oscar!
She does keep ‘can I get back to you on that’ up a lot for Lex’s proposals. Maybe she should mix it up a bit with a couple of ‘Don’t call me. I’ll call you’s.
You think that's going to make a difference?
Wouldn’t it be awkward if a big truck came barreling down that road and smashed Lex to smithereens?
I wish I'd thought of that! It would have made this story A LOT shorter! lol
There’s actually been a fic where Clark spent an extended amount of time in North Korea.
No kidding? LOL! I know LaraMoon wrote a great fic some years back where he was in China and met up with a young Bruce Wayne. The name escapes me, but I'll do a search when I'm not rushing to get to work. frown It really was an amazing story. If someone else remembers the name before I do, please feel free to give her a shout out in this thread.
Also, Lois keeps talking on the phone like she’s not even considering the possibility of a wiretap.
They both do! Personally, I enjoy the idea that Lex is listening to them snicker about what he wears to bed. lol And then, to add to the indignity, he has to listen to Lois speculating about what Superman wears to sleep in, too. Heh.
Maybe he got a suit with printed on t-shirt and shorts?
I laughed SO hard at that. I wish I'd thought of that while I was writing this.
She could try to cook, for instance.
In her defense, she did once cook an entire Christmas meal without setting her apartment on fire. No, wait, this is the end of the first season, she hasn't cooked that turkey yet. Never mind. As you were… wink
She’s bossy. Aggressive. A bit vindictive. Mean to her coworkers. Sometimes she’s ruthless. Oh, and she’s a snob.
LOL! Maybe, deep down, that's why she isn't including herself in the list of potential girlfriends?

Morgana - Thanks! I think it does start to pick up speed from here on out. The groundwork is all laid, so we can let it all spin out of control now. smile

Many thanks to everyone who's commented! sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is it Thursday yet? smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
Is it Thursday yet? smile1

In my time zone yes! C'mon Sue, bring out the new stuff! laugh

Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
But it's not Thursday *here*. Also, I'm hoping for a few more regular readers to leave a comment or two. If they find it in their hearts to treat me, I'll reciprocate. laugh

Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You're cruel. Tomorrow morning I have to undergo a blood test: vials and vials of my precious blood drawn from my exhausted body, already weakened by the preparatory fast. I don't know if I'll survive.
You're warned: if I don't make it, my ghost will hunt you... *insert Freddy Krueger emoticon here*

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderful story!

So much is happening in this chapter. Wow! Big changes at The Daily Planet.

Anyone who expressed a differing opinion from Chip's found themselves abruptly reassigned to a less desirable story.

Still stinging from Clark's remarks about conflict of interest on the Excelsior story, Lois had brought it up at the morning round table. Five minutes later she was removed from investigating Excelsior International and assigned to cover the upcoming school board elections.

Interesting how Lois is being treated like the other reporters in this regard. Wondering if someone else is covering Lois's Excelsior story or if it's been dropped.

Lois's awakening to Lex's character is great. She's slow to realize she could have made a mistake about him. Nice to see she's opening her eyes. Lex's multiple coincidences in one day is so typical. He doesn't realize that he should limit them to be believable. Lex's smooth, sophisticated yet creepy words are perfect. His misdirection attempt by suggesting Lois might be stalking him is definitely Lex, and shows his true nature so well.

Love the phone banter between Lois and Clark! It's so nice to see this take on BatP and HoL, where they're still talking and friends. Looks like Lois is also slowly opening her heart to Clark.

Sending Clark to Hawaii and the phone conversation about where he'll end up next are priceless and funny. And I had to stop laughing before continuing after reading the descriptions of what Lex and Superman might wear to bed. lol

I haven't seen LaraMoon's fic about Clark in China. I did read Jenni Debbage's The Forgotten about Superman being captured in North Korea. There's a WHAM warning, and not all the toys are put back the same way they were found before the story.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's FRIDAY here!!! LOL

Am SO enjoying your story Sue. Can't wait for more!

Am 'sposed to be working, so don't have time for further comment, sorry. Will try to post after I read the next part.

Thanks so much for treating us all to your stories, they are mint!

Cheers from NZ
Elizabeth

Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
HiddenMoon - I hope your tests all come back with good news. Though, I admit, I'm curious what having a ghostly presence demanding I write would be like. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. wink

cuidadora - Thank you! I'm delighted that you're continuing to enjoy the story. laugh

Interesting how Lois is being treated like the other reporters in this regard. Wondering if someone else is covering Lois's Excelsior story or if it's been dropped.
Someone else has definitely been assigned to cover that story. Like Clark suspected, Lex wants an expose published about his competition.

Lex's multiple coincidences in one day is so typical. He doesn't realize that he should limit them to be believable. Lex's smooth, sophisticated yet creepy words are perfect. His misdirection attempt by suggesting Lois might be stalking him is definitely Lex, and shows his true nature so well.
I think he was counting on Lois feeling flattered by all the attention, not realizing that he was going overboard. He always was one for the dramatic gesture. If it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing. smile

Love the phone banter between Lois and Clark! It's so nice to see this take on BatP and HoL, where they're still talking and friends.
Banter between them is my absolute favorite thing to write. There's going to be a lot more before the story is over.

Sending Clark to Hawaii and the phone conversation about where he'll end up next are priceless and funny. And I had to stop laughing before continuing after reading the descriptions of what Lex and Superman might wear to bed.
Thank you! I'm happy to have amused you. laugh

I haven't seen LaraMoon's fic about Clark in China.
I went searching through my old hard drive and found it. It's called "Kansas," but I don't believe she ever posted it on this site (it's a slash story). I'm guessing it could be found on fanfic.net.

Elizabeth - It's Friday here, now (finally!). I had Monday off, but this has been a really long week. Thank you so much for dropping in. I love long FDK (who doesn't? <g>), but I'm also encouraged just to hear that someone is reading the story. laugh

Thanks to everyone who has left comments! sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Ha! As always, you've made me giggle.
smile1

It could happen! He always has a good excuse!
Come to think of it, that would be a great excuse for why someone got hit with a bullet. He happened to be in the place at the wrong time. Schedules got mixed up.

He's going for the Oscar!
Why am I suddenly thinking Naked Gun 33 1/3?

Maybe she should mix it up a bit with a couple of ‘Don’t call me. I’ll call you’s.

You think that's going to make a difference?
huh Trying won’t hurt. Much?

I wish I'd thought of that! It would have made this story A LOT shorter!
blush
LOIS: And I would have gotten to nookie much sooner! [Linked Image]

Clark in NK.

No kidding? LOL!
Yup. The Forgotten by Jenni Debbage.

And then, to add to the indignity, he has to listen to Lois speculating about what Superman wears to sleep in, too. Heh.
laugh

I laughed SO hard at that. I wish I'd thought of that while I was writing this.
smile You’re welcome to add it to the Archive!

In her defense, she did once cook an entire Christmas meal without setting her apartment on fire. No, wait, this is the end of the first season, she hasn't cooked that turkey yet. Never mind. As you were…
rotflol

LOL! Maybe, deep down, that's why she isn't including herself in the list of potential girlfriends?
Yeah. Right. Deep down she’s a good, nice person.
CLARK: I happen to like nice girls.
LOIS: Hey! I’m a nice girl.
CLARK: No, you’re not. You’re…
LOIS: [Linked Image]

On to part 4!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Can I qualify as being 'fashionably late' peep ... So sorry sloppy.

How 'bout I make my tardiness up with long-winded FDK hyper ?

What I loved about this section, what really stood out to me the most, was how distinct of a feel you managed to create--two totally different emotions, but residing so closely together. Your ability to make us livid at a sociopathic business man, but also, ecstatically ride that road to love with two close friends.

Creepy--in such a smart-minded, methodically planned, pure evil sort of way--in all regards to Lex. 'Stalking' has taken on a whole new form--it's now pictured with limos and three piece suits! This, in so many ways, seems worse than bombing the Planet and blaming it all on Jack--and THAT is really saying something regarding Lex notworthy.

But at the very same time...the phone conversaton between Lois and Clark. How you could create such intimacy. Friendship--and it's that perfect type of friendship...where you can tease, joke, but be youself, be totally safe. I could almost feel the comfort--like a warm blanket draped over me (and maybe a hot cocoa, to boot, for Lois' sake grin ). You dream about that type of friendship. In life, and ideally, with your soulmate.

"Greetings from Hawaii." Clark didn't sound all that excited.

"Hawaii? I thought you were in Florida." Lois sat down on the edge of her bed as relief flooded through her. She didn't care if he was calling from Hawaii or Havana; she was just happy to hear from him.

"Yesterday afternoon I was informed that my flight was leaving in two hours. So now I'm in Hawaii."

"Are you really working? Or just on an extended vacation?"

"I'm supposed to be covering a surfing contest tomorrow. Really, I'm starting to wonder if the next stop will be Siberia."

Lois giggled, and Clark added, "You're laughing? I'm serious."

"I know; that's why I'm laughing. Lex wouldn't really send you to Siberia. I'm thinking he'd find something in North Korea for you instead."

'Greeting from Hawaii'--that line...and while picturing 'the look' that I'm sure Clark has on his face. Said in 'that tone' that Clark has when he's not all too thrilled about something. clap lol clap. How easy to picture! How enjoyably funny smile. Love this. And then all of that quality banter. Clark's 'You're laughing? I'm serious.' totally is icing on the cake.

"I miss you," she whispered.

"What?"

"I'll miss you," she corrected. "After you've been hauled off to a re-education camp, I'll miss you."

"I'm sure that will be a great solace to me, in the event."

Sweet, sweet WAFF grin. He heard. Totally. Did her 'save' actually save her admission though? Hoping he didn't buy it wink.

When Clark didn't answer immediately Lois blushed as she added, "That was a rhetorical question, by the way. I can't even joke around with him, much less, uh, think about him in that way. The thing is, we have all these high-minded discussions, but we never really talk. The idea of spending the entire weekend with him is exhausting. I'd feel like I always had to be on my best behavior, you know? I can't imagine casually hanging out with Lex. I can't even picture him wearing anything other than an expensive suit. He's not a shorts and t-shirt kind of guy."

Thank you, Lois, for perfectly summing up just why you shouldn't EVER entertain the idea of spending (ie--wasting) any more of your time with Lex. You aren't comfortable with him. And, just for kicks, think about who you are telling all of this to? None other than your adorable partner/best friend. Hmmm.

"Okay, what about the blonde over on the foreign desk? Denise? Danielle?"

"Darlene works on the foreign desk, and you only get one guess a day, Lois."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"Fine. But I didn't talk to you yesterday, so I get a guess for then, too. Darlene."

"It's not Darlene."

rotflol Poor Darlene. I love how Lois doesn't concern herself with the 'competition' enough to even know the blonde's name...but yet, ironically, sees her as competition concerning Clark. (And, it was totally fitting that Clark would know her name, spot on, not even question it).

Several seconds passed as she waited to hear the click, but there wasn't one. She couldn't hear breathing, so she cautiously asked, "Clark?"

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you going to hang up?"

"You first."

Her throat tightened. Everything in her didn't want to cut the tenuous tie between them.

Love. This is such a sweetly honest moment. That gut instinct, not wanting to loose the connection to Clark. And, I'm sure, Clark was on the other end, feeling exactly the same way.

What a treat, Sue.

Scurrying over to Part 4 wave. Gotta go. Bye!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Time to play catch-up. laugh

Michael - Someday I'd really love to be able to hang out with you in RL. Though I fear it would end with me shooting my drink out my nose. smile

Yeah. Right. Deep down she’s a good, nice person.
CLARK: I happen to like nice girls.
LOIS: Hey! I’m a nice girl.
CLARK: No, you’re not. You’re…
LOIS:
OMG! Bonus points for 'The Empire Strikes Back' reference! It's my absolute favorite of the SW movies. (And that's my favorite scene in it. wink ) This is why I set aside all drinks before I read your comments. FWIW, I can't picture either of them as a "scruffy nerfherder."

Laura - This is your fashionably late?!? Do you get invited to many parties? lol

What I loved about this section, what really stood out to me the most, was how distinct of a feel you managed to create--two totally different emotions, but residing so closely together. Your ability to make us livid at a sociopathic business man, but also, ecstatically ride that road to love with two close friends.
Thank you! blush

Friendship--and it's that perfect type of friendship...where you can tease, joke, but be youself, be totally safe. I could almost feel the comfort--like a warm blanket draped over me (and maybe a hot cocoa, to boot, for Lois' sake). You dream about that type of friendship. In life, and ideally, with your soulmate.
Yay! That's exactly the atmosphere I was trying to establish. Infatuation/attraction is great, but it's friendship that holds a relationship together.

He heard. Totally. Did her 'save' actually save her admission though? Hoping he didn't buy it.
I deliberately left it vague so the reader can decide for themselves whether he heard her or not. <g>

Thank you, Lois, for perfectly summing up just why you shouldn't EVER entertain the idea of spending (ie--wasting) any more of your time with Lex. You aren't comfortable with him. And, just for kicks, think about who you are telling all of this to? None other than your adorable partner/best friend. Hmmm.
She's getting there, slowly but surely. It's a scary thing for her to commit herself to that degree. With Lex, there was respect (note the past tense) and attraction, but her heart wasn't in danger. Lex couldn't hurt her emotionally, but Clark could. If she loses Clark, she loses her best friend. There's a lot more risk involved there.

Love. This is such a sweetly honest moment. That gut instinct, not wanting to loose the connection to Clark. And, I'm sure, Clark was on the other end, feeling exactly the same way.
Of course, he was! smile

Thanks to everyone for the comments! sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard