Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
I'm guessing this episode won't make sense in future of the show as Lois will probably not be randomly spouting random knowledge.
I believe it was in M.L. Thompson's great story Blind (Super)Man's Bluff Lois continues to spout random knowledge throughout. (Please, correct me if I'm recalling the wrong story.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Are you talking about Harold Gould?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
VirginiaR,
I'll definately read that sometime, and I guess you just confirmed what I thought, that fanfics aside, the random knowledge will never come up again. Thanks.

Morgana,
I think so, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 08/07/15 12:36 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.13 The Pheonix.

Wow!! I can't believe they made an episode this good!!No complaints here. I loved all of it. Best. Episode. Ever!!

10/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.14 Top Copy.

Another classic. The kryptonite lipstick was a good and original idea. Loved the back and forth on Lois and Clark's relationship status. I think Perry knows Clark's secret....

9/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.15 The Return Of The Prankster.

Not bad. Not especially memorable either though. Nothing really happened to move the overall story forward, and whilst it wasn't a bad episode, it wasn't very interesting either. It's just The Prankster redone, but worse, as we've seen it all before.

5/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.16 Lucky Leon.

A great episode, full of classic moments, and it advanced Lois & Clark's relationship well. I thought it was nearly perfect. Rare for this show, it had a good villain who wasn't, to quote my friend from when the show was airing, "Sexy Lexy". I liked Leon's plan of tricking Superman. I didn't like all the sports metaphors. Too many of them. But the ending: WOW!! That was fantastic!! Best episode yet that didn't feature Luthor.

10/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.17 Ressurection.

A good episode with some funny moments and an annoying DEA agent. The reactions to Mayson's passing were very strange for a world where they've cured death (That Old Gang Of Mine)!! The ending wasn't very good though (Looks like you've got some choices to make) Um, did this show get renamed Lois, Clark & Dan when I wasn't looking? Most baffling of all was why Clark waited so long to freeze the virus on Star Labs rooftop.

All in all, 7/10.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Remember this is Hollywood where once the original inventor destroys the notes it is never reinvented. Unlike the real world where there are usually three other scientists about a week to a year behind when something is announced.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by dcarson
Remember this is Hollywood where once the original inventor destroys the notes it is never reinvented. Unlike the real world where there are usually three other scientists about a week to a year behind when something is announced.

True, I guess it was a bit much to ask for a bit more realism about the science in a show about a man who flies around saving people's lives in an outfit that most rainbows would find too colorful....

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.18 Tempus Fugitive.

A really good episode. It was well written (except one part, I'll get to that later) well acted, overall just brilliant. It was funny, emotional, and interesting. The gun talk in the saloon by the James brothers was amusing, though milked a little too much. One thing that I thought was bad was the part where Wells makes them forget the whole thing. Not because of the forgetting but the method seemed stupid. He could have used some kind of sci-fi device and just said he'd gotten it in the future, but noooooooooo.......

I also thought it was stupid of them to use H.G.Wells instead of just making up a character to be the good time traveller. Eh, what do I know?

All in all, a fun, enjoyable episode with a few minor flaws.
8/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.19 Target: Jimmy Olsen.

An OK episode ruined by Agent Scumdino. I don't know why he annoys me so much. Without him I'd probably give this episode a 7/10 since it was well written, acted (apart from A.D.S.) and directed, but with him.....

4/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.20 Individual Responsibility.

A good episode that was well written and acted. I found the study of Clark's motivations to be Superman interesting. The red Kryptonite was a good idea. I also enjoyed how they showed Perry's ingenuity in this episode. And best of all, no Danny Boy to ruin things.

8/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.21 Whine, Whine, Whine.

An interesting idea for an episode, and thankfully it finished off Scardino's story. I also liked Lois finally decide she wanted to be with Clark (about time!!), but it would have been a good idea to show Clark doubting some of his actions as Superman, which could have expanded on the study of his motivations in the previous episode.

7/10, would have been an 8 if not for Agent Dannikins.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.22 And The Answer Is....

A good episode with some enjoyable moments such as Nigel's death and the whole gift certificate thing. I thought it was interesting to see Clark's ethics under fire, and that ending at the fountain was fantastic.

9/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Season Two Review.

Best Episode: The Phoenix.
Worst Episode: Wall Of Sound.

A brilliant season that takes all that was good in the first and improves on it. I really enjoyed some of the changes made between seasons 1 & 2, and think they improved things a lot. For example, as much as I liked Jimmy 1, Jimmy 2 is even better. I'm glad he Regenerated. Intergang was a good addition to the show. The only thing I'd have done differently is actually explain the disappearance of Cat Grant. Loved the ending of the season on a cliffhanger. I can't wait to start watching season 3!!!

Score for the season: 10/10.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can't wait either, Suggs. I've been enjoying your fresh insights.

No idea why it never occurred to me before but I'll add this thread to the Episode Discussions Thread sticked to the top of this forum when I can get the forum to cooperate. (Every so often it either doesn't include the hyperlinks button in the options or it does but it gives me something other than hyperlinks. Italics as it happens, right now. *sigh*)

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 08/25/15 01:29 PM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by LabRat
I can't wait either, Suggs. I've been enjoying your fresh insights.

No more waiting needed Labby. A new season of my fresh insights begins here.

3.1 We Have A Lot To Talk About.

I enjoyed this episode. It was interesting to see how Lois reacted to The Ultimate Secret. I also liked seeing Church reform, and thought it was sad that he basically ended up going to jail because he was trying to be a better person. That Mindy is one manipulative cow!! I don't get why either Church found her so attractive, but I find intelligence sexy whereas stupidity just annoys the crap out of me. I found the "Lois!!"/"Lane!!" bomb scene amusing. I have a few random thoughts about this episode.

1. How has Perry not worked out Clark's secret after 2 years? I thought he didn't become Editor of a major Metropolitan newspaper because he could yodel. I'm beginning to think that's exactly how he got the job.

2. I'm glad there isn't a Jimmy 3.

3. How did Lois survive the low temperature at that height in the end scene. Beautiful as the scene was, that part didn't make sense to me.

4. For the heads of an international crime syndicate, the Churches were very easy to frame.

5. This is the first episode shown after Christopher Reeve's accident. I just wanted to acknowledge that sad fact.

8/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 10/04/15 11:33 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
3.2 Ordinary People.

A good episode with funny parts. I particularly liked the line "Don't you think you should try dating first?" and the part about Perry being afraid of Alice was funny. I thought Spencer Spencer was a terrible villain though. Mind you, I couldn't help feeling sorry for him. "Mr and Mrs Spencer, what would you like to name the baby?" "Spencer" Um, Oh-Kay. What were they thinking? Maybe the asked Mrs Spencer before the drugs wore off... Anyway, I loved all the interaction between Lois & Clark. Only SS ruined this one for me.

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
3.3 Contact.

An interesting episode, but somehow it didn't work for me. I don't know why. I don't understand how people could be so skeptical about aliens in a world where an alien flies around in golf clothes. Also Clark is a moron if his decision at the end is anything to go by. Other wise, not a bad episode.
6/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 10/04/15 11:33 PM.
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard