Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265781 08/31/15 02:46 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So we all knew they couldn't just stay in that suite and slowly, calmly work their way back to good things without any outside interference, right? Right?

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I like the flash backs to their time in Kansas with Trask. Seeing how betrayed Lois felt when she learned the truth about Clark. With her history with men, it does make sense.

Sure hope Trask doesn't have any Kryptonite.

Joan

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow jawdrop (in so many ways).

We now know so much more of the backstory. So much more of what happened in Smallville. The gaps have been filled in...

Having the info in front of me, it doesn't make me think any less of what Lois did to Clark, but definitely, it makes me so much more able to begin to understand. Perspective. Lois' history with men. Lois just beginning to trust Clark. Lois--in Smallville, not wanting to be, thinking there is no hope for a story--suddenly thinking her partner is lying to her, out-scooping her. She is mad, she reacts. She has no idea that the six months later future of 'today' would be what would result.

Jimmy? mecry / thud / sad. Can you please bandage the guy up? Please make him 'okay' to make it through the rest of the story? It does not look too good for Jimmy.

And speaking of not looking too good. Yikes--The Predicament. Clark, fully (and rightfully) preoccupied. Lois and Jimmy prisoners. Trask fully wanting to end all that is 'Superman'.

Trying currently to 'spin' this...think of a way out grovel.

Nervously awaiting the next installment,
Laura

(And--completely--what an exciting cliffhanger of a chapter clap )

Last edited by LMA; 08/31/15 08:16 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And Clark made sure all the satellites that could be tracking him are temporarily…unaligned, shall we say.

Hehe!

“Something that cannot be said for you.” A shadow falls across them both, blotting out the sun, distracting from that glimpse of red and blue, startling both Lois and James as they turn away from the skies.

*Gulp!*

Trask.

Ah, I had thought Luthor. This is probably worse.

James is moving, darting in front of her

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James is moving, darting in front of her

Oh goody. Let's add to Lois' PTSD.

He smirks at her (laughs at her scraps of courage). “You forget, Lane--I turned you into a hero after my own heart once already. I can do it again.”

May I slap him?

A noble gesture. A heroic act.

A foolish miscalculation.

Because then Trask had known,

<heart bleeds for Clark>

from a town that worshipped corn deities

rotflol clap

“You’re the one who was shot, James.”

<nods> Sounding like our old Lois.

“They patched me up--a bit of a q-quick, messy job, but hey, I guess I can’t complain.”

Aw, they just wanted to spare the insurance company some more paperwork. wink

(but only so she could catch Clark in the act, not so she could save him; not then, and maybe that is the most shameful part of the entire debacle)

I would agree with that. Shameful is too light a word, methinks.

“This isn’t a test, is it?” she blurts out. She studies James closely, squinting to make him out more clearly in the shadows. “I mean…that’s impossible. Trask wouldn’t--you wouldn’t work with him, but…”

<stomach drops>

“I’m j-j-just…r-really c-c-cold.” He doesn’t sound calm or in control anymore. He sounds like a little boy, a young kid playing dress-up in his father’s clothes and pretending to a maturity he only has because the world is far too cruel of a place. He sounds lost and alone and scared.

mecry

“But he loves you,” Lois says. She’s not sure if she is reassuring him or resenting the truth of that sentence. “You and his parents--you’re the only ones that stayed with him. The only ones that still saw him as Clark.”

He loves you too, Lois. Trust me.

I just thought...that it was a game, and I'd win.

Heartbreaking, but true to character, I think. Hot-headed Lois, never checking the water level before diving...

She is trapped in a prison of her own impulsive choices, and there will never be an escape. Not for her. Not ever.

Very accurate depiction of her mental state, regardless of the physical state.

I was SO hoping we'd get this chapter - that is, the what-happened-in-Smallville chapter. Well done, and given to us at precisely the right time, I think. Of course, I hate Trask for reemerging/not being worm food. But I knew you'd never give us a happy ending without a little drama first.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Ah, Chapter 18! clap We finally see more of what happened in Smallville and gain partial insight into Lois' state of mind when she wrote her article. But Trask isn't dead - he's still pursuing Clark, this time using Lois and James as bait. He's quite a frightening character - unhinged and uninhibited. Who knows what he'll do?! (Oh, wait, I do! grin)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hey, glad the flashbacks made things come in a bit clearer. I've always known I had to do them, but actually getting to them was a bit nerve-wracking. It does make sense, scifiJoan, with her early S1 unwillingness to trust anyone. Kryptonite is always a troublesome possibility!

Reacts. Such a good word, LMA, and the very core of what happened. It wasn't a cold-blooded, manipulative, thought-out act. It was a knee-jerk reaction that she regretted almost immediately but still can't change. Still not admirable, but definitely not as vindictive as some suspected! And boy, I WISH I could bandage up James. But as I've written the story, he's turned into one of my favorites, and that, unfortunately, means that he gets beat up. huh Just the way it works. Hopefully there IS a good way to spin this!

I thought of having Luthor come in, DC, but Trask was always the main villain for this story, and I've done Luthor in other stories -- I'd hate to get too predictable! Everything really does add to Lois's PTSD, doesn't it? Hmm, what a coincidence. wink You know me too well -- I like my characters to really WORK (and bleed, apparently) for their happy ending.

Trask has always intrigued me, groobie, precisely because he IS so unhinged and uninhibited. He literally doesn't care what others think of him, and even more frighteningly, he thinks of himself as a hero. Always a bad situation. And I'm glad you know what happens -- definitely been a help to me to have your great insights and thoughts!

Thank you, everyone! Hope you enjoy the next chapter!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard