Print Thread
#265758 08/30/15 08:47 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

A Bolt From the Blue has so much going on, it was hard picking one thing to write about. Hopefully you enjoy this instalment smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like the way you have Clark consider the ramifications of someone suddenly having his powers and wondering what would have happened if he'd developed them suddenly.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another really great installment, Feli smile...

Some lines that really stood out to me:

If I came into my abilities suddenly, would I react the same way? Is the way I use my powers due to a fundamental difference between me and Waldecker, or is it the result of being raised with them?

Love this! Really interesting thought process clap

As someone who fights for truth and justice, it's incredibly ironic how much time I spend lying to people.

So true!

And if she is this angry over a relatively minor matter, what will her reaction be like when I do finally tell her the truth?

Another thought that I really enjoyed. I'm sure Clark would have went here. Seeing how a lie did not go over well with Lois, knowing that a much bigger (and much more personal lie) needs to be outed.

Great job!
Laura smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Yeah, one of the things that grabbed me about this episode was the way Waldecker acts like a kid in a candy store when he gets powers. It reminds me of how people go nuts when they win the lottery, and it got me thinking if it'd be different if you grew up with it. In a weird way, it also comes down to nature or nuture...

Clark's life is full of contradictions. I think it'd be hard to come to terms with the constant lying to everyone around you, even when it's necessary to protect both them and yourself. Especially when you're essentially an honest person, like Clark.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard