#265723 08/27/15 03:25 PM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
We're almost there! And here's a twist!

Sorry, no Chubby Checker. Just - well - evil

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, a lot certainly happened in this chapter. I'm not sure what prompted Clark to apprehend Rodolfo after all, though.

Kerth
Kerth
So, he admits to himself that he loves Lucy. I can buy it in this universe, where she is a much more substantial character than the flaky kid sister as portrayed in the show, particularly given their evolving friendship over time. Clark's concern over going through proper channels and getting legal authority to act in a foreign country is interesting, and opens the same types of questions that Mayson asked in the show regarding following legal procedures for the apprehension and later prosecution of criminals. Certainly don't want to accuse Clark of kidnapping Lois' children. laugh But what's to become of them? If Lois is determined to be an unfit mother due to her criminal activities (especially now that her crimes have hit so close to home), what happens to her kids? Does Lucy adopt them (assuming she doesn't die)? You've created a very complex universe here, filled with all sorts of interesting moral questions. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been ill again (or still, not sure which).

Amy, remember that Rodolfo's henchman had just shot Clark in the back. That would have been fatal for anyone other than Superman. Add to that Rodolfo's instructions to evacuate the camp, which would make finding the man that much harder. I'm pretending that the police forces of Europe would cooperate on a case this big without caring who got the credit, knowing that there would be plenty to go around. And who's going to say "no" to an angry Superman?

Groobie, I'm glad Clark's relationship with Lucy makes sense in this alt-alt-universe. It could never happen in the "home" dimension for the reasons you mention. And the reason for Clark's caution in getting legal authority to enter Sicily was two-fold. I wanted to avoid any legal traps he might fall into, and I needed for him to be out of the country and away from Lois and Lucy for an extended period of time. If he's there, Lucy doesn't get clocked in the head.

As for her kids, there's no telling what a random judge will decide in a situation like this. But I can't imagine Lois taking Jean and Collette without some legal fireworks going off. We'll see what happens next.

Speaking of next, the final chapter will be up soon - to be followed by an epilogue.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The great fool, thought Rodolfo. He does not even know the difference between Italian and Spanish. And his Spanish accent was truly terrible.

Oh, please tell me this is a poke at Jim Bob Duggar. notworthy

thanks!

rkn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard