Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
There will be 22 posts to this story.

Comments go here.

Belatedly, I want to dedicate this story to Artemis. She was one of my beta readers until a recent health problem sidelined her.

Get well soon - Atremis!

Last edited by KenJ; 08/26/15 02:39 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely an Alternate Universe tale. Herb has definitely gotten Lois' attention with the Canadian mention. I cannot wait to see where this one goes.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

After running through almost the entire first season, I needed a break.

This plot bunny ran across my path and I started chasing it. As a result I fell behind on writing House of Luthor. It wasn't until I had a majority of this story in beta that I was able to finish writing House and have the beta done and barely made it in time to post on schedule. If I hadn't finished House on time I would have delayed posting until it was finished because I made a promise to my readers way back at the beginning that I wouldn't start to post a story if it wasn't finished. I feel that it would be very unfair to my readers to start a story and not finish it.

I think you will find it an amusing diversion. As you said, this is DEFINATELY an alternate universe.

I'm trying something different in this one. I hope that you and the rest of the readers don't get too confused. We will be hopping around.

Keep in mind that Herb is relating a story and his audience is participating. There will be questions and comments.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the good wishes, Ken. I finally feel up to reading some L&C. Now, having read it I might mention I'm greatly fond of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Such a lovely little town with an exciting and sometimes tragic history.
r/
Artie

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know one of the best things about this story is describing their vacation! Kansas for family, south sea island for privacy and Honolulu for dinner!

Honestly, who could ask for anything more?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
You know one of the best things about this story is describing their vacation! Kansas for family, south sea island for privacy and Honolulu for dinner!

Honestly, who could ask for anything more?

Additionally can't forget San Diego for more family (Lucy). This will be quite a nice vacation since Clark is planning on taking Lois' golf clubs so she can play Torrey Pines...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Actually, that vacation happened in Volume 2 of the Matchmaker Chronicles set titled Borrowed Time.

Herb chose to visit them as they were preparing to leave.

They will leave for the vacation after he has told his story.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Artemis,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Artemis
Thanks for the good wishes, Ken. I finally feel up to reading some L&C. Now, having read it I might mention I'm greatly fond of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Such a lovely little town with an exciting and sometimes tragic history.
r/
Artie

How could I help, but wish you well? We have been friends for some years. Your gentle tutelage helped me to get to this point.

I share your love of Canada. Back in the early '70s my then girlfriend and I vacationed there. We flew from Toronto into Halifax and drove the Cabot Trail, stopping in Antaganish to photograph a solar eclipse. Returning to Halifax we flew to Calgary visiting Banf and Jasper and the attending tha Calgary Stampede before flying back to Toronto. It was a whirlwind 2 weeks.

Last edited by KenJ; 08/27/15 07:59 AM.

kj
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
(Just read your last chapter remarks about reviewing...I'm a horrible lurker....)

Poor herb...he kinda needs to start showing up just to say hello....he is getting a reputation. Loved how L&c were dismayed.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, it does seem that, usually, when Herb showe up, there is a problem.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard