#265659 08/23/15 10:00 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

Almost there! Just an epilogue to go.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
A new chapter!! Yes!!

Nice to know that Clark continues to be clueless regarding Lois. She is looking for a lifeline, any possibility of a lifeline and he will not tell her because it is not a sure thing yet! What a dunce.

Clark may have super powers but his inability to read people just borders on astonishing. Why do you think Perry sent Lois to Paris. If he really thought the two of them could not get over their miscommunication he could and would have sent someone else. He would not have sent Lois over just to get her heart broken again. The phone call from Perry probably followed a thought of 'finally' when he got the word from Joe that Clark wanted to transfer back (you have to be pretty sure the two of them talk fairly frequently).

The epilogue should be a very nice wrap up to this little tale.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Nice wrap up of the main plot. Ready for a WAFFY ending! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! Clark is back to normal (except that ache in his chest). Lois and Clark are back to writing front page stories. Why would Perry ever want to keep a team like that apart? They sell papers!

The art has been found. Lex didn't come back to life (you never know with that guy) and even got frozen himself for good measure. thumbsup Love the irony. The blackmail victims/co-conspirators (depending on your POV) weren't forgotten.

Of course, Clark had to go back to Vienna. It only makes sense. You're only as good as the story you didn't work on because you dropped it; the front page story already old news. I'm glad Joe gave Clark a good slap on the back of the head. He needed it, even if it meant he heard something about himself he didn't much like. Although, I'm not surprised to hear that Clark had closed himself off from making close friends after what happened in Metropolis. He probably didn't want to be hurt again.

Lois! (slaps her on the back of the head) Come on, woman! Did you really think that Clark could drop his whole life and follow you on the same flight like a puppy? It's more realistic and believable (and probably better for his self-esteem) that he didn't. Love isn't worth as much if one doesn't have to fight for it. I hope she gives Perry a what-for and tells him that he HAS to hire Clark back when she arrives back in Metropolis only to have Perry tell her he's already spoken to Clark. LOL. Maybe they'll end up in Paris instead. evil

This is has been a great story and a fun ride! Can't wait to see how you wrap it all up in the next part. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
The end is near for this wonderful story! frown

Maybe it was, but she loved him and wanted to be with him, not have him stuck in another country. And she dreaded returning to an existence that had become empty and achingly lonely. Even waking up by herself this morning had felt lonely. She snorted mentally. She'd spent almost every night of her twenty eight years alone by choice without feeling lonely in the least, but somehow that had changed after two nights spent with Clark - one of which had been spent on the hard floor of a shipping container.

If that ain't love I don't know what is! smile1

“Superman took Luthor's body to the morgue in Chamonix. I got a statement from the police.” He half sat on her desk. “Maybe we can run it as a sidebar.” He paused. “Lois, about last night -”

“Clark! Call for you on line 2!” a copyboy called from across the bullpen.

Copyboys the world over know just when to interrupt these two!

He paused. “You're definitely dedicated. I've never had another reporter that needed so little time between assignments. I also agree with intelligent and you're one helluva writer. But outgoing and friendly? I would've said civil and courteous at best.” He leaned forward. “Tell the truth, I thought you were running from something. And then Lois Lane arrived, and it was like someone turned on the lights.” He paused again. “Is this really what you want, Kent? You haven't been here very long.”

I like this character, he is just as perceptive as Perry, he just doesn't say that much. Only a blind man would miss the fact that Clark was running from something and that something was a reporter and female.

His head snapped up and his teasing expression vanished as he listened to something only he could hear.

“What is it?” Lois asked curiously.

“An explosion in Calais.” He looked down at her, clearly torn between their conversation and the emergency.

“Go,” she told him.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Go!”

These two cannot get a break!

He watched her go. When she was out of sight of even his vision, he sighed, becoming aware of the moisture on his cheeks. He scrubbed it away with the back of one hand, feeling the all too familiar ache in his chest return worse than it had ever been. For a moment he couldn’t breathe through the pain, and it was all he could do not to chase after her.

The trilling of the cell phone in his pocket broke the spell. Pulling it out, he opened the flip.

“Clark Kent,” he answered.

“Clark? It’s Perry White. You’ve been trying to call me.”

“Yes, I have Chief. I wanted to talk to you about transferring back to Metropolis…”

I stand corrected! What an ending to the chapter! But Perry has terrible timing, couldn't he have called earlier that morning? I have to agree with MikeM, Perry and Joe must have talked about Lois and Clark quite a bit. Let's face it, who better for Joe to talk to for information about Kent?

Oh well, bring on the final (sniff, sniff) chapter!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/24/15 08:14 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
So sad to see this story wrapping up, but oh-so-excited to read the last part. You sure know where to cut a chapter off, making us ache for more help (Me!).

I'm sure Joe and Perry have been communicating. I can't imagine Perry wouldn't have given Joe at least a little of the backstory between Lois and Clark (even though Joe probably would have been able to catch on pretty much immediately, considering how easy it is to see the feelings written on both Lois and Clark's faces when they are together wink ).

The Airport Goodbye--wow. Achingly Waffy, so heartfelt notworthy. But Clark...you could'uv maybe told Lois a little abut you conversation with Joe--made her not have to go to the level of emotion she was at?

I'm sure Perry will be on thrilled to get his front page reporting team back dance.

Now, just to see how that officially happens grovel.

Can't wait!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard