Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It was nice to catch a glimpse of both the former Lois and Clark. Urg - that ending!! You tease!

Joan

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
mecry <-- Right up until the ending, those were good tears. Now...?

Looking forward to the next part.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Thanks for taking time from your vacation to post this part.

Kerth
Kerth
This section is wonderful. Clark is allowing himself to come closer to her, to kiss her lightly, testing to see where the line of their friendship is drawn. He shouldn't kiss her - he has just forgiven her, and they haven't had the conversation they need in order for them to both truly begin the healing process. Lois hasn't forgiven herself. So a hug is really all they should give each other. The tension between them is perfectly defined and beautifully written. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First things first - I'm SO glad to see a new part up. When you emailed me and said you'd be away, I was had this horrifying thought that the story might be delayed.

He’s starting to understand. He’s starting to realize that he doesn’t have to act like a living sacrifice, that he doesn’t need to buy his acceptance here. He’s starting to believe that there’s more. More for him.

Good.

Sometimes her excuses can’t reach past the bars of the prison (the mask, the armor) he keeps around himself.

Yeah, well, I think even canon Clark could have those moments.

Something hopeful and tender and surprised and grateful in his eyes

How he always looked at her, if she'd ever taken the time to notice it.

Patience and understanding aren’t traits the old Lois Lane possessed

Understatement of the year, methinks.

James hadn’t skipped a beat before wringing a promise out of him to cook them all a real meal.

LOL!

“You’re definitely a better cook than me,”

So is any 4 year old with an Easy Bake Oven, but it's good to see her teasing him again.

Only her who longs for something so specific and so impossible.

<shakes head>

“I have something else for you,” he says, and sets a sheaf of papers down before her.

Swiss chocolate?

Clark has been waging his own campaign,

Ah, even better!

In short, she notices all her own tactics being used against her.

Hehehe! Smart man.

Because if she can write again, then that means she can destroy Clark’s life all over again,

No, Lois. Now, more than ever, you *don't* have that power. Because you finally love him.

But if I start writing articles about events and people in Coast City

Ahh...good point.

and he does not bring his lips to hers.

I can understand why, but *man* that's disappointing.

Wait, what? You stopped *there*???? But...but...we need more. So much more! You're such a devious tease!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. Wow. Wow.

I finished this section 20 minutes ago, and still, I don't think I've fully taken it in.

Amazing. Your ability to create such emotion, so raw, so right there as you are reading it. It's very impressive. As a reader, it's like riding a roller coaster...hoping--when things are going well, hurting--when there is dispair. And then you get into the romantic stuff--whoa grin /woo-hoo hyper / YES! dance--and things go up to an even higher notch notworthy hail.

And the hours slip away. After just a few moments, she forgets to be nervous or afraid, forgets to doubt herself. After just a few easy exchanges between her and Clark as they bounce sentences back and forth (sentences, but not the pen; he always makes her write their chosen words down), she forgets that she and Clark haven’t worked together for years, for decades, for all their lives, bound and twined together until there is no way to tell them apart. After just a few lines of blatant black ink spilled over white paper (bringing use and purpose out of emptiness), she forgets that they really don’t have as much evidence, as many hard facts, as Perry would demand of them. She forgets everything but that this is what she was born for, what she is good at, what she loves doing.

You had the tears flowing here. This is them.

How brilliant of Clark to get them back to where they started--their partnership. Writing. Investigating. Working together. My favorite sentence (in this paragraph, but also in this entire section) was, 'And the hours slip away.' That small sentence really, completely, totally makes me think that 'they' will be ok. Individually but also together--yes, together wink. These hours--as they worked on their story--I'm guessing, were probably the most relaxed, the most natural, the most rewarding, and also (and most importantly) the most authentic time that either has spent as themselves since the beginning of all of this. That they each can find this 'place'--that it still exists, and amazingly, that it exists with them together? HUGE. Love it party.

Those feather-light kisses--WAFF at its finest. Painful to think where Lois is at the moment as this chapter comes to a close. But Clark...the fact that he is making these moves, is bringing them closer. I think things are going a lot better between them than Lois thinks.

But, yes, they definitely NEED to talk. There is still so much distance--so much healing--that needs to take place.

Lovely! smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/26/15 07:41 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you, everyone! I just got back a couple days ago, and am trying to get back into the swing of things, but flying takes it out of me. smile

Glad you enjoyed this snapshot into life as 'it should be,' so to speak, scifiJoan! I don't deliberately try to be a tease; it just comes naturally, I guess. laugh

Well, happy tears and sad tears are both good, Lynn -- it means the story is making you feel, anyway. smile I'm so glad you're enjoying. I had a great time on vacation, but I am glad I didn't have to delay the next chapter for you all. As it is, this one is late, but by just a day, so I'm still counting it as something of a win!

Thanks, groobie! I tried to keep the balance between the romance we all want and can see is still potentially there, and the mountain of issues between them. They are moving forward, but things never come easily to Lois and Clark.

I was relieved to get the internet connection, DC; I never mind getting feedback, even on vacation. wink So true what you said about even canon Clark having moments where it's hard to reach past what he thinks Superman -- or just his powers -- make him. Even as changed as this world is, there are still very important similarities that are true in every situation for these characters. And yes, I did stop there, because...well, just because. It was the perfect place to stop. smile

Thanks so much for all the feedback you've left me in the last while, LMA! I really do plan on replying to them all, but the best I can strive for now is to be fashionably late. smile I'm so glad you enjoyed this chapter -- and especially glad that the emotion is coming through. In a story like this where the emotions are so raw and overpowering, it can be hard not to just overwhelm readers with it to the point that it doesn't affect them anymore, so your comment was hugely encouraging. This was a very important chapter, and I think you're right -- Lois isn't exactly reading the situation right. They did reconnect here, and it is hopeful, but still so much left to rediscover.

Thank you, everyone, for your continued support!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard