bakasi Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Feedback is always welcome

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
I love Lois' insatiable curiosity that leads her to sneak into Perry's office and read Clark's interview file. It must be so frustrating to Lois that Clark is avoiding her, that she can't directly get answers out of him, especially on a day where other leads have fizzled out. I hope we get to see Clark soon...I really want to know what he has been doing since revealing himself to Lois.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This story has been so much fun to read! Our favorite writing duo are not together and you are doing a great job making us readers wonder when (or if) they will get together!

The night had passed without Clark appearing at her apartment. Lois had left her window open when she had gone to bed after Lex had brought her home, hoping that Clark would choose that way to contact her again and maybe bring her his box of evidence. But he had not come. For a minute or two she had thought that there was a shadow outside as her curtains billowed in a gust of wind, but that had most likely been her overactive imagination. Now, she had a stiff neck and moreover was tired, because she had not slept well with all the noise outside.

Hard to imagine Clark not coming by to at least check on Lois. Still, with Lucy living with her its a little hard for him to 'drop in' for a quick visit. Maybe he should try the front door?

A sudden surge of anger filled Lois and with a last glance at Clark’s desk that would have killed any occupant instantly, she marched down the ramp to her own desk. Impatiently, she shrugged out of her coat and forcefully threw her handbag onto her desk. It toppled over, spilling the variety of rags. It was by sheer luck that the fern survived the onslaught, but then Lois had not had her first cup of coffee yet, which was only adding to her current foul mood.

Yup, she is in full 'Mad Dog' mode. Sort of like me when I haven't had my first cup! eek

With another glance over her shoulder, Lois made sure that she was still alone. Satisfied, she went to Perry’s office. He was way too confident that his natural authority would keep nosy employees out. Maybe, his fear of his wife Alice added to the fact that lately, he kept forgetting to lock his door. Since his job as the editor-in-chief always kept him in the office until late hours, he had to hurry home in order not to incur Alice’s wrath.

She entered Perry's office without his permission and went through his files? What would the Managing Editor think if he found out? Will he find out?

This gives us an idea of the level of worry Lois has for her partner. A level I share. Please let us know what happens next as soon as possible!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thank you for your nice feedback, Morgana and groobie.

I love Lois' insatiable curiosity that leads her to sneak into Perry's office and read Clark's interview file. It must be so frustrating to Lois that Clark is avoiding her, that she can't directly get answers out of him, especially on a day where other leads have fizzled out.

I think you misunderstood that - Lois breaking into Perry's office happened when they first met, after Lois returned from busting the car-theft ring in the Pilot. This part was denoted as flash back. I wanted to add her view of certain events that were told in "Hurt Before".

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry I'm a bit late with FDK peep...

Where oh where is Clark? A sign of a good story, that you have me mentally searching, wondering where he could be, what he is up to. Curious when they will see each other again.

I really loved the detail of Lois sleeping with the window open. It's such a last ditch effort, one last chance, in the night to possibly get to see him. It speaks volumes as to how much Lois is wanting to talk with him.

Clark definitely made quite the impression on Lois from the start. It's quite enjoyable finding out how much she was looking into him initially--checking his desk, even going into Perry's office and sneaking around. I love that she was curious enough about him to go this far.

We tend to always know Clark's reaction to seeing Lois for the first time--being totally and completely swept off his feet grin --but it seems as if Lois, in that first moment looking at/talking to Clark, noticed something about him, also. She was definitely drawn in to those chocolate eyes wink...

So curious for more,
Laura smile

Last edited by LMA; 08/27/15 03:20 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard