Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265521 08/14/15 01:12 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So I got to thinking: you know how the classic triangle is "Clark falls instantly for Lois, Lois loves Superman, but he wants her to notice Clark Kent?" Suppose we mess with that setup. evil

What if Clark's insecurity is being accepted for his *alien* side, so he tries to impress Lois, only for her to be continually distracted by her hunky, human partner?

Or, what if Lois falls for Clark at first sight, but it takes *him* longer to realize his feelings?

How would the show be different? How would they find their way to each-other? What new obstacles would they have to overcome? And how much would Martha have to thwap her son upside the head? grin

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
The only problem is that first scenario would be similar to what would have happened if he had fallen for Mayson. He would have been constantly attempting to get her to see the good side of Superman while she was falling for Clark...

I like the idea, just wondering whether the Mayson parallels might get some ire raised.

I thought I had seen the second scenario written about a long time ago but I have no idea who did it or any details.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 08/14/15 01:34 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois loves Clark much earlier than he loves her in Smallville Style by rkn. In this story, Lois and Lucy first meet the Kents when Lois is 13 and Clark 15, which may not be what you were looking for. I found it interesting to see how the story changed.

There's also a sequel, Love Survives.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have that first scenario down in my plot bunnies list, and have done for ages ... but the further inspiration, to elaborate on the idea, has not yet hit me.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Or, what if Lois falls for Clark at first sight, but it takes *him* longer to realize his feelings?

I wish I had time to write this!

This scenario has the most possibility in my opinion. It's canon that Clark spent years (how many?) traveling the globe and leaving spontaneously if/when people started to get suspicious of him. It would be so true to Clark's character for him to keep his head down and distance himself emotionally from those around him when he started at the Daily Planet, just in case he got caught doing something super and had to move on again.

The walls built by Clark over the years would be thick. The habit of staying in the background and not allowing anyone to really 'see' him would be so deeply ingrained that it would take a long time before Clark realized how essential Lois had become to his happiness. It would be fun to see Lois fall for Clark immediately and watch her slowly break down those walls.

Lois said she never had a best friend, but we know she had Linda (for a while) and also Molly before she started dating what's-his-face dropped out of Lois' life for her hippy lifestyle. We also see that although annoyed with Lucy, she has a friendship with her sister. What if Lois was the one teaching Clark what it was like to be a best friend and then settling for friendship because that's all Clark could allow?

It may not change their actions, but their meaning would be different. For instance, the kiss goodbye when Trask throws them out of the plane would really be Lois wanting to kiss Clark goodbye. Or when Mr. Make-Up strangles Lois, Clark revives her, and then tries to take off, not to chase her attacker, but to escape an emotionally charged event? Lois tells him to stay.

What if Lois realized Clark had special powers from that very first manhole rescue and started actively helping him ("bring a change of clothes") so that he could stay in Metropolis? Or what about when they are in the the honeymoon suite? What if Lois knew that Clark went to the other building as Superman and her questions about the video tape were to ensure that Clark was covering his tracks?

Love this idea!

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard