House of Luthor - Matchmaker Style

Rated PG-13

*Word* is for emphasis
<"word"> is thoughts
/*word*/ audiotape playback

Previously

Ellen left the dressing room and returned shortly and said, "Yes, he and his servant are at the altar waiting. They're talking to someone in high church garb."

"Good. Wait here. I'll be right back."

After grabbing her lock pick kit, Lois ducked out of the room and took the elevator to the penthouse. She opened the vault, dropped the Kryptonite into the lead box and closed the lid. Then she pulled out the ledgers and piled them on Luthor's desk.

Quickly she took the elevator back down and rejoined Ellen. She speedily replaced her lock pick kit and removed any traces of her activity.

Lois was wondering if everyone had arrived and was properly seated. She hoped so. It was getting near to show time and everything, well, not everything depended on everyone showing up.

Ellen was unaware of what was going to happen and was blithely going on about how good a provider Lex Luthor was going to be for her little girl.

At this point in the preparations, most brides are excited, nervous, apprehensive, expectant, perhaps anxious or some combination of all of those. Lois however was none of those. Lois was determined; perhaps she was a little anxious because she hoped that things would go as planned. There were so many things that could still go wrong, but she couldn't afford to think about those possibilities. She asked, "Mom, what time is it?"

Ellen looked at her watch and said, "You must be more nervous than you let on. It's only ten minutes since you asked that the last time. It is now five till."

The rest of what Ellen Lane said, Lois allowed to just wash over her. She was concentrating on what was going to happen. She moved over to the closet and opening it, checked to see that there were two garment bags hanging in it. Satisfied that they at least were in place she paced back and forth between the mirror and closet, stopping in front of the mirror each time to check herself.

Ellen Lane stood off to one side and watched her daughter pace chalking it off to nerves.

On one of her stops in front of the mirror Lois asked, "Time?"

"Two more minutes. I suppose I should go in and send your father out."

Lois gave Ellen a hug and said, "That sounds like a good idea, Mom. I'll be seeing you shortly."

Ellen wiped a tear from her eye, gave Lois one last hug, pulled her veil forward partially concealing her face and exited.

The festivities were being held in a ballroom and Luthor was already standing at the front with the Archbishop, and Asabi who was acting as his Best Man.

Luthor kept checking his Rolex and becoming more nervous as the minutes ticked away. He started to move away and Asabi stopped him. "Please, Sahib, do not go anywhere."

"Where is she? I need to go make sure she hasn't changed her mind."

"Patience, Sahib. She will be here."

Luthor was about to push around Asabi when the doors at the rear opened and an usher led Ellen Lane down the center aisle and seated her on the bride's side. As she sat, Sam Lane arose and walked to the back and through the doors.

Asabi said, "There, you see, Sahib. She is coming. Perhaps it took longer to dress than anticipated."

"Thank you, Asabi. You are right. I need to control myself."

As he stood waiting, he looked around at the people that had arrived. Many on the bride's side he recognized as former employees of the Daily Planet. There was one individual that he was surprised to see, Inspector William Henderson of the MPD. Actually, he wasn't surprised that he was a friend of Lois's; he was surprised that he thought her wedding important enough to attend.

On the groom's side he spotted a number of people he recognized, among them were the mayor and the governor. There were also some of his senior staff and a number of people that he didn't recognize. He thought little of it. They were probably minor governmental functionaries that were there representing people that had been invited, but at the last minute couldn't make it.

Lois continued to delay. She kept up her pacing. Finally her father said, "Lois, don't you think it's time to go in?"

She asked, "What time is it, Daddy?"

Sam looked at his watch and said, "Six minutes past."

Lois nodded and said to herself, "I hope everyone made it," stepped to her father, wrapped her free hand around his elbow and said, "Okay, Daddy, let's do this."

When Sam Lane had exited, the organist had started playing a prelude and improvised measure after measure until the page turner alerted her that the rear doors were opening. That was when she switched over to the Wedding March and everyone stood and faced the rear so that they could watch the bride-to-be as she entered.

Sam and Lois made their slow way down the aisle, using the measured pace that was customary to the front of the ballroom. When they reached the front, Sam turned to Lois and after flipping back the veil gave her a kiss on the forehead and said, "My princess." He turned away and took a seat next to Ellen.

Lois and Luthor both turned to face the Archbishop and he began. "Dearly beloved we are gathered here in the sight of God and man to unite this couple in the bonds of holy matrimony. Before I do I must ask if there be anyone present that objects to this marriage." It was a standard part of the ceremony and usually was rather perfunctory.

As the Archbishop paused, momentarily, Luthor was smiling because he could see the finishing line before him. His smile suddenly disappeared when a loud voice behind him shouted, "I object"

And now

Chapter 10

The voice that had shouted an objection was shortly joined by a chorus of voices all saying the same thing.

Lex turned an angry scowl on those that had dared to interrupt the ceremony and saw that William Henderson was standing as one that objected.

Luthor bellowed, "Henderson, I'll have your badge for this!" Then he saw that almost a dozen men and women were also standing. He bellowed, "Who are all of you?"

Surprise overtook him when a voice from behind him, a voice that he was intimately familiar with echoed the others, "I object."

He blurted out, "Lois!" and turned on her. She was holding up her hand, but she had a worried look on her face.

He looked like he was about to strike her when he was distracted by more voices. He spun around again to see, Perry White and James Olsen standing with hands raised. Not to be left out, Cat Grant, seeing how things were going decided to join in and jumping to her feet, yelled, "I object too!" She dragged her fiancé, George Amundsen to his feet and shouted, "So does he!"

There was one final voice added to the chorus. At the back, on the bride's side a lone individual stood and raising his hand said, "I also object!" Luthor looked at him with distain; he was wearing a trench coat, had his hair spiked out with mouse, was wearing sunglasses and had a full beard and moustache. He looked like a refugee from a hobo camp.

Hearing that final voice, Lois started to smile, broadly. She hadn't seen him as she had entered, so he must have slipped in behind her as she was progressing down the aisle.

This last individual made his way to the center aisle and started to follow the same path that Lois had just trod.

As he did, Luthor could hear a sigh of relief escape Lois's lips. He looked back at her and saw recognition in her eyes, but there was more than recognition there.

Luthor was looking back and forth between Lois and this last speaker and was so distracted that that he didn't notice the group that made their way from their seats to the side aisle and toward the front, eventually forming a semi-circle behind Luthor.

Lex’s attention was riveted on Lois as she started to speak. She turned to the Archbishop and said, "I'm truly sorry, sir, for the inconvenience we have put you through, but I think my objection is really valid. You see, it's this way, if I were to marry Lex Luthor, I'd be committing bigamy because I'm already married to Clark Kent -"

Luthor interrupted her, "But Kent is dead, I had him -"

Asabi nudged him to shut him up, but he wasn't quick enough.

Lois picked up on his slip and said, "You thought you had had him killed, is that what you were about to say? That's what we wanted you to think."

That was when Henderson spoke up. "My objection is also valid. I object because I'm placing Lex Luthor under arrest."

Luthor roared, "What! You can't do that to me! On what charge?"

Bill pulled a document out of his pocket that looked suspiciously like a warrant. As he read he replied in his normally phlegmatic tone, "Let's see, in front of a roomful of witnesses, you just admitted to one count of attempted murder, but there are multiple counts; murder, multiple counts of that too; conspiracy, multiple counts; extortion, multiple counts; kidnapping, multiple counts; arson, multiple counts; insurance fraud, racketeering, international transport of illegal weapons, narcotics trafficking, prostitution, receipt of stolen goods … need I go on?"

Luthor turned to the mayor, who happened to be in the audience, "Madam Mayor, you can't let this happen!"

Seeing her smile he turned to the governor, "Governor …"

Turning back to Henderson, Luthor demanded, "Where are your witnesses?"

Bill raised a hand and gave a signal. For the first time, Luthor saw that a guard had unobtrusively entered at the back and was standing at the doors. At Henderson’s signal he opened the rear doors and in stepped Toni Taylor who was wearing a smart business suit. Her hair was freshly quaffed and her makeup was done perfectly. She was followed by Miranda Michaels, who was attired in a flashy, almost sixties-hippy style.

Luthor stuttered, "Toni, Miranda! But, but you're both dead!"

Behind him, Lois quipped, "Don't you wish?"

Close on Miranda's heels came Nigel St. John. Nigel was wearing an orange jumpsuit and had his hands manacled behind his back.

Seeing him, Lex's tone was lower, dispirited, "Nigel. What is this?"

Behind Nigel came Mrs. Cox. Instead of her microskirt she also was wearing an orange jumpsuit and manacles.

In a defeated tone, Luthor said, "Et tu, Mrs. Cox."

She simply raised one elegantly plucked eyebrow in reply.

Just then two of the men standing behind Luthor grabbed his arms and pulling them behind his back applied handcuffs. The same thing happened to Asabi.

Luthor tried one more ploy, "Get me the president. He'll clear this up. He'll order my release."

By this time, Bill had stepped out into the center aisle and had stridden to the front until he was almost nose to nose with Luthor. Bill replied, "I don't think so, not this time." He indicated the men and women surrounding him and said, "We have here representatives not only of the MPD, but also the FBI, DEA, ATF and INTERPOL. They all want their piece of you. This has been cleared at the absolutely highest level. I have to admit, I’ve had a devil of a time keeping all of this on the QT."

Lois said, "Bill, his ‘secret books' are laid out on his desk for you to pick up."

Luthor choked out, "Secret books? My safe?"

Lois looked at him and with disdain in her voice said, "My measurements? Really! Get a life."

Hearing that, Luthor's expression fell.

The individual that had been approaching from the rear had made it half way down the aisle by this time and spoke again, "You're through, Luthor. It has taken months to get the goods on you, but we finally did it. We got it all. You’re going away, probably for good."

As this individual spoke, Luthor turned his piercing gaze on him. His look was pure rage. The stranger was sauntering, slowly up the aisle. He looked ill and a bit unsteady on his feet, but he walked with determined step. As he walked he removed his trench coat which he dropped in a vacant seat to reveal a tux underneath. Pulling a pair of glasses from his pocket he replaced his sunglasses with them, dropping the sunglasses on the trench coat. Next he pulled out a comb and combed the mouse from his hair, returning it to his normal, fluffy do with a little forelock curling on his forehead. Once this was accomplished he peeled off the false beard and moustache. Luthor stared at him in fury as he metamorphosed before his eyes into Clark Kent.

There were gasps of recognition from Cat and several of the other guests as Lois turned to the Archbishop and performed the introductions, "Archbishop, my husband, Clark Kent. He went undercover and pretended to be dead so that we could lure Luthor out into the open and finally get the goods on him."

The Archbishop nodded his understanding, his miter shifting slightly on his head.

As Henderson and the representatives of the various agencies started to move away with Luthor and Asabi, Lois turned to the guests and said, "You were all invited here for my wedding. Some of you thought that it would be to Lex Luthor. Well, as you can see, that isn't happening. But so that you don't go away disappointed, there will be a wedding. You see, when Clark and I were wed, it was a result of an old law on the books in Kansas. We went to the Justice of the Peace and had it formalized, but we never had a big formal wedding. Clark and I are now going to have the wedding we have been waiting for. You are welcome to stay if you wish." She turned back to the Archbishop and said, "Neither of us is Catholic so we flew in the minister from Clark's church in Smallville to officiate. You are welcome to stay if you wish."

Bowing to her he said, "That is quite all right. I have other matters to attend to." He looked at Luthor, significantly, and said, "Perhaps a confession."

Lois smiled and turning back to the audience said, "Mom, Martha, Lucy," her voice softened and added, "and Cat, could you all join me in the dressing room. I'll need some help." She used her hands to indicate her gown and said, "This is the wedding gown of Lois Luthor, not Lois Lane-Kent. I need to change."

The four all jumped up and led by Lois they headed for the dressing room. As she passed Clark she gave him a quick kiss and said, "Be right back. Wait for me."

Martha gave him a quick hug in passing.

Jimmy saw that Clark looked ill and moved to the aisle to help his friend and reaching the front stood with him. As they approached the front, Jimmy caught George’s attention and since Lois had called Cat to be with her, he beckoned him to join them at the altar.

Once inside the dressing room, Lois started giving directions like a general on a battlefield, "Mom and Martha, could you help me out of this monstrosity? Cat, over in that closet you'll find a Bride's Maid's gown. I think it'll fit you. Lucy, do you have yours?"

Lucy smiled and started to loosen her frock as she said, "Right here, Sis." It turned out to be a cover over the Bride's Maid gown that she was already wearing.

Lois smiled and said, "That's my little sis!"

Martha and Ellen quickly finished unbuttoning all of the tiny pearls that fastened the back of the dress and Lois stepped out of it. When she did they could all see the white cotton, utilitarian underwear and thigh high white hose she was wearing. After ripping off the hat with the veil she almost literally skipped over to the closet. She pulled out her garment bag and opened it. The first things she pulled out were two small bits of lace and a silk slip. As she ducked into the bathroom she said, "Be right out."

When she stepped out she was wearing the slip and everyone could see the outlines of the demi bra and thong that she had on underneath. Cat looked at her, gave her the thumbs up signal and said, "Much better attire for a bride."

Lois smiled struck a pose and said, "This is for Clark. The other was in case something went wrong and Luthor got a peek." She pulled the garment bag out and revealed another wedding gown. Turning to Martha and Ellen she asked, "Can the two of you help me into this?"

Without replying, Martha and Ellen both rushed to comply. This gown was much simpler in design, a fitted top with broad straps like a tank top and at the waist it flared out into billowy chiffon and only fell as far as her ankles.

Ellen started to complain, "I don't know why you couldn't have just worn the other gown to marry Clark. It was so elegant. This thing …"

Martha countered, "Well, I think this is very nice. I think I've gotten to know Lois since she and Clark have been together and I think that this is more to Lois's taste. I know it is Clark's. He grew up on a farm and although he can appreciate the finer things in life, he still has simple tastes."

Lois turned to Ellen and said, "I couldn't wear that to marry Clark! It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding. He saw me in that get-up and Martha is right. This is more to my taste. Besides, Luthor picked that thing out. This one I picked out with Lucy's help."

While she worked to button Lois into the gown, Martha said, "It's lovely, sweetheart. I know that Clark will love it, but of course, he'd love anything you wear just because you are wearing it."

Lois smiled and said, "I know. I love that man so."

Martha finished the last button and threw her arms around Lois and said, "I know you do and he loves you." She paused and then picked up her tote. Reaching into a side pocket she brought out a lacy creation. As she handed it to Lois she said, "Here, I made you a garter."

Lois took it from her and there was a tear in the corner of her eye as she did. "Martha, I just don't know what to say. It's lovely."

"Go ahead and put it on."

Lois sat and crossed her left leg over the right. She slipped the garter on and pulled it up so that it rested just below the band of the thigh highs she was wearing. Standing she ruffled her dress to straighten it out and slipped into her pumps.

When she turned around, she saw Lucy helping Cat to finish dressing. Cat looked at her and in a sincere tone she said, "Cat, I'm glad you came."

Cat smiled and said, "I figured that there had to be a good reason for you to ask me to come dance at your wedding. I didn't realize I'd be drafted into being a Bride's Maid."

With a worried expression, Lois asked, "Is that a problem? Was I presuming too much?"

Cat straightened up from putting on her heels and said, "No it isn't a problem. There's just one thing."

"Oh, what's that?"

She smiled and replied; "Now you'll have to return the favor. I'd like you to be Matron of Honor in my wedding."

Lois threw her arms around her former rival that had so recently become one of her closest friends and in a heartfelt tone, said, "I'd be honored."

Lois looked around and said, "I think we're ready," and stepped to the door.

When she opened the door she was shocked to see Luthor running across the hall and ducking up a set of stairs.

She shouted, "What the …" and dashed off after him.

Martha was behind Lois and seeing her dash off, took off after her.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 08/14/15 10:35 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj