#265504 08/14/15 12:50 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feedback makes my muse love you!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap I'm so glad you wrote this! I love hearing Martha and Jonathan's thoughts at this happy time and their gushing about their new son.

I can't see Martha and Jonathan being rejected as adoptive parents (unless it was because they got arrested for protesting when they joined the MLK marches). I could see them almost being able to adopt a child only to have it fall through and them being scarred by the experience. It would make them extra wary with Clark.

I, especially, enjoyed hearing Jonathan's resetting his priorities now that he's a father, so that he can have time with his son. Those words are chocolate to every new (and old) mother's heart. smile

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I'd much rather your muse get insomnia with too many good ideas to write. But we evil writers are cruel in that way. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Super story! Kudos for taking on a topic that has been done (at least I seem to remember a few stories covering this topic) before and putting a much more detailed spin on the Kent's thought processes. This was an extremely emotional piece and very well done!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
clap I'm so glad you wrote this! I love hearing Martha and Jonathan's thoughts at this happy time and their gushing about their new son.

I can't see Martha and Jonathan being rejected as adoptive parents (unless it was because they got arrested for protesting when they joined the MLK marches). I could see them almost being able to adopt a child only to have it fall through and them being scarred by the experience. It would make them extra wary with Clark.

I, especially, enjoyed hearing Jonathan's resetting his priorities now that he's a father, so that he can have time with his son. Those words are chocolate to every new (and old) mother's heart. smile

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I'd much rather your muse get insomnia with too many good ideas to write. But we evil writers are cruel in that way. evil

Thought you might enjoy this, Virginia! Just wish I could have written this earlier/thought of it at the same time as I was writing "Earth's Calling." I'm glad people asked for the Kents' side of things.

Watching a man as a father is pretty incredible, isn't it? I still have to fight tears watching my husband and girls playing together.

My muse also wishes she could spend endless hours writing. But she knows that she also has to get up and parent in the mornings. She does, however, have a few WIPs going and a few other ideas percolating.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Completely beautiful, DC. I, too, am so glad you wrote this. The shock, the joy, at finding a baby--when all your options to be parents have failed--what an amazing moment for the Kent's. You have such a wonderful ability to bring feeling and such depth to your pieces.

Such a pleasure to read smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
I'm glad you decided to write this companion piece - the first story was great for its unique perspective, but this one is equally emotional. I like that Martha thought about Clark's biological parents - how hard it must have been for them to send Clark away. My sister-in-law and cousin have both had fertility issues, and this story really made me think about them and feel for their struggle. Very good story!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
Super story! Kudos for taking on a topic that has been done (at least I seem to remember a few stories covering this topic) before and putting a much more detailed spin on the Kent's thought processes. This was an extremely emotional piece and very well done!

Mike

Thank you! I've read a few "finding Clark" fics, but they usually focus more on the events, rather than the feelings. It was kind of fun to imagine what they might have been feeling as new parents.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Completely beautiful, DC. I, too, am so glad you wrote this. The shock, the joy, at finding a baby--when all your options to be parents have failed--what an amazing moment for the Kent's. You have such a wonderful ability to bring feeling and such depth to your pieces.

Such a pleasure to read smile
Laura

Thank you! Glad you liked it! It was surprisingly easy to get into their heads. I think anyone who wants a child that badly would feel the same way.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
I'm glad you decided to write this companion piece - the first story was great for its unique perspective, but this one is equally emotional. I like that Martha thought about Clark's biological parents - how hard it must have been for them to send Clark away. My sister-in-law and cousin have both had fertility issues, and this story really made me think about them and feel for their struggle. Very good story!

Thank you for the kind words. We dealt with IF too - our first IVF failed spectacularly and then our second try (frozen transfer as opposed to fresh) gave us our twins. Had that cycle failed, we were prepared to start looking into adoption, just to get our names on the (very long) wait list, even though we weren't going to abandon the IVF route.

For me, even though we didn't/won't be adopting (I'd like to use the rest of our frozen embryos and if they don't pan out, I'll be happy with my two girls), it was easy to slip into J&M's heads and find their joy and fear - joy at having a son, fear that something might go wrong and make them lose him.

Hugs to your SIL and cousin! I'll be praying for them.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a joyful companion piece to Earth Calling. Thanks for letting us have a peek into Martha and Jonathan's lives prior to Clark's arrival.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
What a joyful companion piece to Earth Calling. Thanks for letting us have a peek into Martha and Jonathan's lives prior to Clark's arrival.

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for reading it! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard