OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback goes here...

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome back from your Honeymoon! clap

And now ...

“Yeah, I guess so.” Perry nodded thoughtfully, his intense gaze resting on Lois. He studied her for a moment, unconsciously shifting his pen from one side of his desk to the other. He harrumphed before he spoke again. “I watched you this morning. Your attention seemed to alternate between the elevator’s doors and Kent’s desk. I might be drawing the wrong conclusion here, but I haven’t seen you this distracted in ages. Was there more between the two of you than this brief partnership?”

You have to love the newshound that is Perry; always observant to what's happening in the world, Metropolis and his newsroom. Lois is acting more than a little out of character regarding Clark's abrupt departure. After all, she is Mad Dog Lane!

“Thanks Jimmy,” Lois said in a weak attempt to make up for her rudeness. Jimmy merely nodded at her, an expression of disbelieve crossing his face, before he made a run for the coffee machine, probably deciding to get out of her reach, in case Mad Dog Lane would raise her head again.

I'm guessing this is Justin Whalin's Jimmy Olsen. Michael Landes interpretation of the character would have exchanged a few bards with Lois without fear. He was one of the few people in the newsroom who respected, but did not fear her.

Lois did suffer for being so disagreeable, she was lonely.

Looking at her notes, Lois realized that she had unconsciously scribbled down the names of the two agencies Jimmy had named. She blinked a few times as she looked at the first four letters – NTSB. Her heart started to pound, as she realized that she actually knew someone working for this organization. She just was not sure if she actually wanted to contact him. Lois had seen Paul Myers no more than a couple of times since their college years, when he had been editor of their newspaper.

Yes! laugh As long as I have read Lois and Clark I have never come across a story that discusses her former college beau, Paul.

She hung up, but her gaze remained trained on the phone. She did not know what she had expected. Help? A condescending answer, advising Lois to mind her own business? Paul had been polite to the point of being awkward. Lois was not sure whether he was truly sorry about dumping her for Linda and what had become of their friendship afterwards, or if this was just his very own version of the governmental training of how to avoid the press. His reaction had confused her, so much so that she had not insisted on getting her answers.

Why should she be confused? They broke up, have not spoken to each other in years and now all of a sudden she calls out of the blue looking for information on a helicopter crash? She said before it takes time to cultivate a good source, which is exactly how Paul felt when she called. In this case, I say kudos to him, even if he did have guilty feelings about what happened in their relationship.

Lex chuckled. “Well, it certainly helps to read a summary, first. It took me some time to really learn to appreciate the genius of all those wonderful composers. But then, I did not have the money to go to the opera, when I was a teenager,” he added a little ruefully.

Sigh, you have to love Lex, he is such a charming snake! smile

Lois and Lex seem to be getting off to a good start with this interview. Clark, where are you?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What an interesting scene between Lex and Lois notworthy....

I was really surprised when Clark was brought into the conversation--surprised in a very intriguing way, that is clap. Hearing what Lex said, getting some of his version of the events of their friendship, was oh-so-exciting to read smile!

I'm so curious as to where you are going with this story--and, so much like Morgana stated 'Clark, where are you?' is ever-present in my mind hail.

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Blech...Lex and Lois on a date. dizzy He is charming, though...I'll grant him that. Where is Clark??!! I want to know more about his history in this universe and what he's doing and feeling now that his secret has been exposed to Lois.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback.

Lois is acting more than a little out of character regarding Clark's abrupt departure.

Well, he just dropped the biggest bomb ever on her. It's only natural that she's a little disturbed. Who wouldn't be, if you just saw a flying man - even if he's as cute as Clark wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard