Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alright!! What a chapter! As I have said before this is the Lois Lane that Clark fell for from the beginning. I always hated the way they portrayed her in the last part of the first season. When they brought Lex back she was much more the Lois Lane that Clark fell for, much more in control and cunning.

Great job!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

If you like this chapter that much, just hold onto your hat. More to come.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ken:

This is by far one of the best stories you've ever written!

Perry was crushed by his answer and as Mr. Stern came around the desk and offered his hand, Perry took it and shook it. As they were shaking hands, Perry muttered to himself, "I just hate to see Lex Luthor win."

That name grabbed Mr. Stern's attention and without releasing Perry's hand asked, in a rather sharp tone, "What's that?"

Perry was surprised at his interest and decided to give him some of the information, "Lex Luthor. We've gathered evidence that suggests he was behind the Planet's fall. I'd just like to see the expression on his face ... well, thanks again for seeing me." Perry didn't know how much good it would do, but he decided to play the cards as they had been dealt. The evident interest displayed at the mention of Luthor's name had given him the idea that there could be some form of rivalry and using that as a lever to generate interest was not below Perry. Perry decided to let Stern think about it so he broke the handshake and turning left the office.

Two actors at the top of their game. It is a pity we did not see more of Franklin Stern. He and Perry White were a powerful force on the screen.

Mrs. Cox was just regaining consciousness and as she did she realized that she couldn’t see anything and that there was something in her mouth, preventing her from speaking. She next realized that her arms and legs were bound and she started struggling with her bonds.

Mrs. Cox got off easy. I would have gone to Bernie and asked him for a vial of Truth serum. evil

As the connection was broken Lois smiled. She knew just what he was doing, checking the tracking device in an attempt to locate Mrs. Cox and the car. The smile broadened as time went by and he didn't call back knowing that his level of frustration had to be climbing. She hoped it went right up through the roof. They had made Nigel disappear and now they had done the same thing to Mrs. Cox. Both of his chief lieutenants now appeared to have deserted him. This was exactly what they needed - keeping him off balance so that he didn't see what was going on around him.

Yup, like MikeM said, this is vintage Lois Lane! notworthy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Ken:

This is by far one of the best stories you've ever written!

Thank you! Some of the dialogue was taken from the episode text. I have added here and there and changed some things. All right ... a lot of things.

Perry was crushed by his answer and as Mr. Stern came around the desk and offered his hand, Perry took it and shook it. As they were shaking hands, Perry muttered to himself, "I just hate to see Lex Luthor win."

That name grabbed Mr. Stern's attention and without releasing Perry's hand asked, in a rather sharp tone, "What's that?"

Perry was surprised at his interest and decided to give him some of the information, "Lex Luthor. We've gathered evidence that suggests he was behind the Planet's fall. I'd just like to see the expression on his face ... well, thanks again for seeing me." Perry didn't know how much good it would do, but he decided to play the cards as they had been dealt. The evident interest displayed at the mention of Luthor's name had given him the idea that there could be some form of rivalry and using that as a lever to generate interest was not below Perry. Perry decided to let Stern think about it so he broke the handshake and turning left the office.

Two actors at the top of their game. It is a pity we did not see more of Franklin Stern. He and Perry White were a powerful force on the screen.

I agree. The voice of James Earl Jones alone brings back memories, Darth Vader in particular.

Mrs. Cox was just regaining consciousness and as she did she realized that she couldn’t see anything and that there was something in her mouth, preventing her from speaking. She next realized that her arms and legs were bound and she started struggling with her bonds.

Mrs. Cox got off easy. I would have gone to Bernie and asked him for a vial of Truth serum. evil

I have to say that if you think that Mrs. Cox got off easy … stick around. There’s more to come.

As the connection was broken Lois smiled. She knew just what he was doing, checking the tracking device in an attempt to locate Mrs. Cox and the car. The smile broadened as time went by and he didn't call back knowing that his level of frustration had to be climbing. She hoped it went right up through the roof. They had made Nigel disappear and now they had done the same thing to Mrs. Cox. Both of his chief lieutenants now appeared to have deserted him. This was exactly what they needed - keeping him off balance so that he didn't see what was going on around him.

Yup, like MikeM said, this is vintage Lois Lane! notworthy

As I said … more to come.

Last edited by KenJ; 08/06/15 07:35 PM.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard