Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265137 07/31/15 11:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, here you go! The revelation you've all been waiting for!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, the hoped for result!

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KenJ
Ah, the hoped for result!

Ha! Made you all wait long enough! Besides, Luthor as the father made my skin crawl, regardless of conception circumstances. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
YEA! clap Of course, Clark would have loved his daughter even if she weren't biologically his, but you know this is the result I wanted for them. smile And this is certainly a good time to let Dr. Klein in on the family secret. Waiting for a wedding in the last part of this fic!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
YEA! clap Of course, Clark would have loved his daughter even if she weren't biologically his, but you know this is the result I wanted for them. smile And this is certainly a good time to let Dr. Klein in on the family secret. Waiting for a wedding in the last part of this fic!

I can deliver on that!

Of course Clark would have loved Julia regardless. But, this is a huge relief for him. And for Lois too.

(If I didn't make Clark the father, I feared the readers would hurt me.) wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Reaching for the tissues (tears of joy). Great chapter! Delightful interactions between Dr. Klein and Lois and Clark. And I loved how Dr. Klein relieved their stress with his revelation of Julia's father, and then they turned around and relieved his about Superman. notworthy I can see how Dr. Klein would have been uncomfortable with sharing that knowledge before knowing Clark's secret.

So nice to have this penultimate chapter end in such a wonderful way after the angst of earlier chapters and early in this chapter the angst Clark & Lois are feeling before Dr. Klein reveals that Luthor has absolutely no DNA in common with Julia. Would love to see Luthor's reaction when he gets those results after all the pain he's caused!

And thank you for making Clark biologically her father. I loved his speechless reaction. Sharing that part of himself with a super person he can love and guide is indeed a special gift he recognizes. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Reaching for the tissues (tears of joy). Great chapter! Delightful interactions between Dr. Klein and Lois and Clark. And I loved how Dr. Klein relieved their stress with his revelation of Julia's father, and then they turned around and relieved his about Superman. notworthy I can see how Dr. Klein would have been uncomfortable with sharing that knowledge before knowing Clark's secret.

So nice to have this penultimate chapter end in such a wonderful way after the angst of earlier chapters and early in this chapter the angst Clark & Lois are feeling before Dr. Klein reveals that Luthor has absolutely no DNA in common with Julia. Would love to see Luthor's reaction when he gets those results after all the pain he's caused!

And thank you for making Clark biologically her father. I loved his speechless reaction. Sharing that part of himself with a super person he can love and guide is indeed a special gift he recognizes. clap

We actually don't shoot back over to Luthor. He didn't really fit with what I wanted to do for the final chapter. Hopefully, what I've cooked up makes up for it!

I actually didn't realize the way Dr. Klein, Lois, and Clark each sort of relieved the other's stress. Obviously, he relieved theirs but I hadn't given much thought to the idea of him being stressed.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm sure whatever you've written will be a delightful end to this story. I'm happily imagining Luthor's reaction, so don't need to read it. laugh

Interesting that you didn't see Dr. Klein's stress. Maybe because I've had to give potentially bad news to powerful people and not knowing what their reaction will be, I could see it clearly. To me his anxiety about possibly antagonizing Lois, Clark and Superman, and wondering about whose confidentiality he might breach came through loud and clear. He could easily be concerned that one or more of them want lash out in anger to hurt him (physically, with hurtful words, or a lawsuit) or that he would hurt them with his lab results. Or both. And he's not known for his bedside manner but rather as a researcher dealing with data and experiments, so probably also uncomfortable about dealing with people, especially ones that may be upset at what he think may be bad news.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
I'm sure whatever you've written will be a delightful end to this story. I'm happily imagining Luthor's reaction, so don't need to read it. laugh

Interesting that you didn't see Dr. Klein's stress. Maybe because I've had to give potentially bad news to powerful people and not knowing what their reaction will be, I could see it clearly. To me his anxiety about possibly antagonizing Lois, Clark and Superman, and wondering about whose confidentiality he might breach came through loud and clear. He could easily be concerned that one or more of them want lash out in anger to hurt him (physically, with hurtful words, or a lawsuit) or that he would hurt them with his lab results. Or both. And he's not known for his bedside manner but rather as a researcher dealing with data and experiments, so probably also uncomfortable about dealing with people, especially ones that may be upset at what he think may be bad news.

The stress I saw for Dr. Klein was more in the issue that she could be Superman's - how does he tactfully approach that and who does he approach first? Lois and Clark or Superman? Who has the right to know first? I think he would know that none of them would lash out, but it *is* a pretty sensitive subject to broach.

Love it when people see other things/layers!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwww--sweet relief! clap clap clap

Somehow, knowing how unlikely it was that Clark could be Julia's father, makes the fact that he is even more amazingly wonderful smile. Loved this, DC. Clark's reaction was priceless--shocked to the point of speechlessness. I am so happy for them, for Clark and Lois, but also now for Julia, as she grows up and has no connection at all to Luthor.

The interactions with Dr. Klein were really well done. I was impressed with how you set it all up--Klein finding out that Luthor was out of the picture, but, all of a sudden, finding out Superman is now 'involved' wink. How confused/surprised he must have been! I'm glad that he was brought into the circle, is now fully aware of Clark's secret, and now Julia's, too.

Can't wait for the wedding!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Awwwww--sweet relief! clap clap clap

Somehow, knowing how unlikely it was that Clark could be Julia's father, makes the fact that he is even more amazingly wonderful smile. Loved this, DC. Clark's reaction was priceless--shocked to the point of speechlessness. I am so happy for them, for Clark and Lois, but also now for Julia, as she grows up and has no connection at all to Luthor.

The interactions with Dr. Klein were really well done. I was impressed with how you set it all up--Klein finding out that Luthor was out of the picture, but, all of a sudden, finding out Superman is now 'involved' wink. How confused/surprised he must have been! I'm glad that he was brought into the circle, is now fully aware of Clark's secret, and now Julia's, too.

Can't wait for the wedding!
Laura

It definitely makes it all the sweeter, knowing how easy it could have been that he wasn't the father. Of course, he would have loved his daughter unconditionally anyway.

Poor Dr. Klein. I can only imagine how confused he would have been, running that DNA!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard