Next Thread
Print Thread
#265197 08/02/15 10:06 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Comments?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think that an explanation is called for.

For those that have not read or see Hunger Games, let me explain.

The Game that Clark is involved in takes place 8 years before the game that Katness and Peta take part in.

The ten YO, Gale, mentioned in this chapter is THE Gale that is Katness Everdeen's companion, best friend/boyfriend in the Hunger Games stories.

Last edited by KenJ; 08/03/15 04:48 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
I have spent the past day reading the entire series up to this point. I think you made a good choice to set this in District 9, so that it serves as a companion piece in the Hunger Games universe, rather than competing with what we know of District 12 from the books/movies. I thought your description of the 66th Hunger Games felt as real as the books, and have totally believed your descriptions of District 9, Clark's reaction to his participation in the games, and the reactions of the people around him. I'm really very impressed with the story you've created here.

But I'm sure...I just *know*...that Lois is alive and unfrozen in District 3 (or, perhaps, she's in the capital now, but when her body was shipped home for her funeral, her dad figured out what happened and unfroze her body), so Clark's Victory Tour needs to bring him there soon! laugh It's torture to wait for their reunion again. Please make my guess be right! grovel

Do you have any clue how long the entire series might be? Have you plotted out the whole story line? I want more!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anne has the story plotted out. We are more than half way through, but only slightly.

If you have read the books you know that the victory tour was in Catching Fire, book 2. This story still has a long time period to cover as it will extend all the way to and include the rebellion. I am looking forward to doing the battle scenes.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
I read all three books. This makes sense - the beginning of this story felt like book 1 (through the 66th Hunger Games). Where it is now feels like the beginning of book 2 (dealing with the ramifications at home). Interesting to see how this is going to end up at the same place as book 3. I can imagine something happening that causes Clark to fly off and find District 13, becoming part of the rebellion there in the years before Katniss' games. Hopefully Lois will be there, too. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First, let me apologize for being so late making this comment. As always I needed to read this part again.

The Capitolites remind me of the nobility just before the French revolution. They stolenfrom.the people and wasted copious amounts of food. From what I read they refuse to share anything with those of the district. It is only a matter of.time before their world comes crumbling down.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm working on the next chapter, but I'm back to work now and things are pretty busy. I've gotten most of the busy stuff done, though, so I should have time (and energy) to write more soon.

I meant to write more this summer, but I was offered (and took) several substitute receptionist jobs. Summer is six weeks without a paycheck, so the sub jobs helped (even if they did keep me from writing as much as I liked).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

KenJ #265814 09/01/15 03:52 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KenJ
I think that an explanation is called for.

For those that have not read or see Hunger Games, let me explain.

The Game that Clark is involved in takes place 8 years before the game that Katness and Peta take part in.

The ten YO, Gale, mentioned in this chapter is THE Gale that is Katness Everdeen's companion, best friend/boyfriend in the Hunger Games stories.
Yes, this is Gale Hawthorne. At this point, his father is still alive, his little sister does not yet exist, and he and Katniss aren't particularly aware of each other. Gale does play an important part in this story, though.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
I have spent the past day reading the entire series up to this point. I think you made a good choice to set this in District 9, so that it serves as a companion piece in the Hunger Games universe, rather than competing with what we know of District 12 from the books/movies.
District 9 is the least described district in the series, and also it's the one that produces grain, so it would be in the Midwest. I could realistically place Smallville in District 9 for that reason.

I thought your description of the 66th Hunger Games felt as real as the books, and have totally believed your descriptions of District 9, Clark's reaction to his participation in the games, and the reactions of the people around him. I'm really very impressed with the story you've created here.
Thanks. smile

But I'm sure...I just *know*...that Lois is alive and unfrozen in District 3 (or, perhaps, she's in the capital now, but when her body was shipped home for her funeral, her dad figured out what happened and unfroze her body), so Clark's Victory Tour needs to bring him there soon! laugh It's torture to wait for their reunion again. Please make my guess be right! grovel
Hmm ... Lois. Is she alive or is she dead? That is the big question.

Do you have any clue how long the entire series might be? Have you plotted out the whole story line? I want more!
I have it plotted out (although sometimes the characters want to go directions other than the ones I want them to go in), and I'm working on the next chapter. Real life keeps getting in the way. wallbash

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
First, let me apologize for being so late making this comment. As always I needed to read this part again.

The Capitolites remind me of the nobility just before the French revolution. They stolenfrom.the people and wasted copious amounts of food. From what I read they refuse to share anything with those of the district. It is only a matter of.time before their world comes crumbling down.
Yes, revolution is coming. Of course, it'll take some time to rally support and find a symbol (given that the future symbol of revolution is currently 8 years old).

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard