Print Thread
#265143 08/01/15 11:14 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

Sorry this one took so long. I had minor surgery (nothing serious) and the painkillers I've been on make my brain foggy.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hope you are feeling better smile...

Mayson entering the picture. It definitely changed things. Like you said in the last sentence--it adds another side to the triangle wink. She is such a change...falling for Clark, hating Superman. I can see how--especially after Lois' initial very high interest in Superman--that that would be somewhat of a nice change for Clark.

Mayson always bugged me--and probably this was only because she seemed like the first legit 'threat' to Clark and Lois getting together. Prior there had only been Lex, and knowing he was evil made any real possibility of a relationship between Lois and him completely unrealistic.

But-- smile --I do have to give Mayson some credit...she did manage to wake Lois up, remind her that Clark was a pretty darn good catch!

Really love this series, Feli. Great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/01/15 01:37 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I glad you're back to musing with your muse. I agree painkillers are killers to one's creativity. I hope you're fully (or on the way to be fully) recovered.

Mayson challenges Clark in a different way, which after Lois's rejection (for Lex, no less) is refreshing to him (if not for us). With her admiration of Clark and her dislike of Superman, she's another tough nut to crack. Yes, as Laura mentioned, she also makes Lois sit up and notice/appreciate Clark more.

Mayson makes Clark think about Superman in a way he hasn't before. It must be hard for him to hear of her basically saying that he's a vigilante. I agree with his guess that it wouldn't be very legal as he's only being offering a citizen's arrest for him to give apprehended suspects their Miranda rights.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks for the good wishes smile I'm almost all healed up now (yay!).

I agree, while Mayson definitely wasn't my favourite character she did serve a valuable purpose even while she was getting in the way. In a lot of ways, she was Lois' polar opposite.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
I'm not entirely sure that Clark was really attracted to Mayson. More like he was flattered by her interest in him. I think he appreciated that she was a strong, independent woman (that's clearly his type), and was curious about her opinions on Superman, and I bet a tiny, petulant part of him liked knowing that her attention was making Lois jealous. I do absolutely believe his grief at her death - the tragic loss of someone who could have become a very good friend. I also think that you're right in this story that he would have felt guilty about unintentionally leading her on - that he should have been more honest and firm about his lack of romantic interest. Chalk that up to his limited experience with women. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I really enjoyed this. I actually liked Mayson. Maybe because I never really saw her as a threat, just a reminder to Lois that Clark is a great guy who may not wait around forever.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard