House of Luthor - Matchmaker Style

Rated PG-13

*Word* is for emphasis
<"word"> is thoughts
/*word*/ audiotape playback

Previously

After viewing the recording, Perry said, "That confirms the money transactions we saw in the ledger."

Jimmy asked, "Any particular reason for this 'sudden attack of conscience'?"

Jack smiled and replied, "I thought you'd never ask. It might be related to an earlier portion of the video tape he's hoping his wife never receives."

Perry let out a whoosh and said, "Poor woman."

Jack rewound the tape to its beginning, snickered and replied, "She wouldn't be after the divorce settlement." Jack pushed the play button and they all watched his philandering with the beautiful young woman and then witnessed his recorded testimony again.

Jimmy asked, "What about you, Chief?"

Perry grabbed his satchel and pulled out some papers. He said, "Lex has maintained that the Daily Planet building was under-insured and that he couldn't afford to rebuild. Well, now, Lexel Investments did have additional insurance on the Daily Planet building." Perry paused.

Jack acting the straight man, asked, "How much?"

Perry, with an I-told-you-so tone said, "About twice what it would've cost to repair it." He paused to let that sink in and then gave the figures, "Lex Luthor cleared a cool seventy-five mil on the deal."

Jimmy said, in an awed tone, "That's motive. He's nailed."

Bill replied, "That's not only motive, it's also insurance fraud. We can now add that to the list."

Bill started leafing through the rest of the documents. After printing the pictures, Jimmy had used a regular copy machine to make the copies.

"By the number length and sequencing, I'd say that these have to be Swiss and Cayman Island account numbers. We will start the process of freezing them. We will have to have everything in place so that they can all be hit at the same time, but it can't be too soon. That would ruin our play."

"Can we have everything ready in one week? That's when the wedding is scheduled and we want to give Luthor his surprise wedding present."

Bill thought for a second before saying, "Yeah, I think so. Yeah, one way or another we'll have everything in place. Because of the security we have to work under, I've been in direct negotiations with upper echelons. I'll make sure that everything is in place." Bill thought for a second and then asked, "Do I need to ask where all of this came from?"

Clark's reply was one word, "Lois."

Shaking his head, Bill asked, "I wish I knew how she did it."

With a chuckle, Clark replied, "No, you don't."

Agreeing, Bill said, "You're probably right. I'm better off not knowing, but she was sure running a big risk to get this stuff."

"I'll pass along your concern the next time I see her."

Bill pointed to a list of names and said, "I recognize some of these names. Most of them are small time hoods with rap sheets as long as your arm. I can start bringing them in for questioning."

"I don't think you should be doing that just yet. If Luthor somehow finds out that people that have been on his payroll are starting to go missing, he might become suspicious."

"We did all right with Toni Taylor and Miranda. Don't forget we have St. John too."

"Those were special cases. We were able to fake the deaths of the two women and we made it look like Nigel skipped town. We don't want to push our luck."

Jimmy, in a desultory tone said, "This is all great, of course, but the problem is none of it'll bring back the Planet."

Perry started to wax philosophical and related an Elvis yarn, "Elvis, first recording session for Sam Phillips, June of '54 it was, didn't turn out too well, but darned if he wasn't back in that studio in July and turning out his first couple of hits."

Jimmy commented, "I just know there's a point to this story."

Perry smiled and said, "You bet there is. Elvis didn't give up, we won't either. We have a lot on him. We just need a little more."

Jimmy nodded and said, "Got it."

Perry started to issue his orders, "Jimmy, I want you to start researching these accounts. These show the disbursements, but we need to show that they all received the money. Jack, can you help Jimmy with that?"

Jack replied, "Only one can work on the computer at a time. I was thinking I'd try to find another board member."

"Sounds good to me. The more we have the better."

"Bill, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to have a team pick up the Black brothers then I'm going to start checking on some of these other names on his list."

Jack said, "Let me see that list." Jimmy handed him a copy and he went through it carefully. When he finished he said, "Whew, my name isn't here. I guess it wouldn't be. He paid cash for the globe. There is an entry for $1000 made out as a cash disbursement. That must have been me. That's a relief. There's no paper trail leading to me."

Perry asked, "Clark, how about you?"

"I'm trying to keep an eye on Lois. If she gets into a jam I want to be there to get her out."

Bill offered, "That's a full time job in itself."

Clark replied, "Don't I know it."

Perry said, "All right, I guess we all have our assignments. Let's get to it. We'll meet back here tomorrow night.

And now

Chapter 06

Lex called Mrs. Cox to his office. When she entered Lex watched with obvious appreciation the rhythmic sway of her hips counterpointed by the bobbing of her breasts. As she approached his desk he asked, "Has Operation ‘K' been completed?"

She struck a pose with one hand on her hip, one leg turned slightly out. She replied, "Yes. Everything is in readiness. Your plan should work perfectly."

"Very good. The ceremony is only a couple of days away."

Mrs. Cox leaned in so that Lex had a perfect view of her unencumbered breasts under her scoop necked blouse. She challenged, "Why her? Why Lois Lane? Why do you need her when you have me? Aren't I enough for you?"

"Ah, my dear Angelica, yes and no. You are a very willing and inventive lover; however, Lois Lane … Lois is a challenge. She has a strong will. Breaking her will is the challenge and break her will I shall."

"But why? She won't go to bed with you, she won't even let you kiss her for heaven's sake. She must be frigid."

"That is the challenge. Like it or not, she will be bent to my will. I will take her if she will not come to me willingly ... repeatedly. She will have no choice and no escape. She will be totally at my mercy. Once her will has been broken in that way she will come to me willingly."

"You're going to turn her into a sex slave?"

"For want of a better term, yes. That is exactly what she will become. My sex toy, my sex slave. You know how we sometimes play at bondage. She will experience the real thing."

Mrs. Cox asked, "Will you take the necessary precautions?"

Luthor nodded abstractly obviously lost in thought.

Mrs. Cox, picked up on it and said, "A billion for your thoughts."

Luthor snapped out of his reverie and said, "Sold." Then he leaned over and picked up a cigar from his humidor. As Mrs. Cox lit it for him, he continued, "Everything is falling into line. I was able to make the Planet vulnerable for a takeover, then I bought it, then I destroyed it. I broke Lois out of her comfortable routine and made a few bucks in the process. Now her ‘family' is scattered to the four winds. That should drive another wedge between Lois and her old life."

Nodding, Mrs. Cox said, "Part one of your plan is complete."

In reply, Luthor said, "Yes. Time for Part Two: to conclude our business with Superman." He took the time to puff on his cigar and blow out a smoke ring before he continued, "Is everything arranged?"

Mrs. Cox simply nodded in reply.

Luthor took another appreciative puff on his cigar before tapping off the ash and with it in his mouth spoke around it, "Good. Now, we must put operation ‘K' into operation. I need you to call Superman and ask him to meet me in the wine cellar."

In an exasperated tone, Mrs. Cox replied, "How am I supposed to do that? Do you have his cell number, or his unlisted number or something?"

Humoring her, he replied, "I was thinking of something simpler. I'm going to go down to the wine cellar. After I have gone, you will go out on the balcony and yell for Superman. Tell him … tell him that I want to personally invite him to the wedding. It is in a couple of days and I wanted to give him time to get his suit pressed or whatever it is he does with it."

"Seems simple enough."

"Then you can bring him down to the wine cellar. I'll expect you in a few minutes." Turning, Lex entered his private elevator and descended.

Once he was out of the office, Mrs. Cox strode through the French doors onto the balcony and started scanning the heavens. Not seeing the hero, she gave a tentative call, "Help! Superman!'" When after almost a minute, the superhero had not arrived, she tried again, this time somewhat louder, "HELP! SUPERMAN!" When another minute had elapsed she decided to give it all she had and shouted, "HELP! SUPERMAN!"

She was about to turn away and go back inside thinking that he could be out of the country or even in outer space and not able to hear her when she heard a voice from above, "Apparently this isn't an emergency. May I help you?"

She whirled around and looked up to see the superhero floating twenty feet away. She had been startled, but quickly regained her composure and replied, "Mr. Luthor would like a word with you."

"So naturally, you had to stand on his balcony and shout for help."

Looking down slightly, she replied, "We didn't know any other way to contact you. You aren't in the phonebook."

His reply held a touch of humor, "If I had a phone, the number would have to be unlisted. What does Mr. Luthor want to talk about?"

"He led me to believe it had something to do with his and Lois Lane's wedding."

"I have nothing to talk about with him."

"He seemed very sincere in his desire to speak with you, something about Lois wanting you there."

Clark was instantly on alert. This was an obvious lie, but not one that Superman would know for a fact was. As such he decided that he would have to play along with the charade. He floated over and landed next to Mrs. Cox and said, "I guess I'll talk to Mr. Luthor." He was thinking, <"I need to see what he's up to, but I'll have to be on the lookout. I know that he has Kryptonite. I should be able to detect it if it is present. I can do a scan of the area with my x-ray vision.>

Mrs. Cox led the way to the elevator and took Superman down to the sub-basement where the wine cellar was located.

Before entering the room, Superman used his x-ray vision to scan the interior. Unfortunately, he didn't look at the ceiling, just the walls and floor. He didn't see any Kryptonite or any lead enclosure that could house a trap. There wasn't even a lead box in Luthor's pocket. As he watched through the heavy wooden door he saw Luthor as he drew a glass of wine from a large vat. Luthor lifted it to his nose and sniffed then he took a sip. Once he did he made a face and spit the wine back out. His super-hearing picked up his muttered, "Not quite ripe." Superman thought, <Seems innocent enough. I don't see any Kryptonite or lead enclosures. Maybe that chunk that Lois found in his vault is all that he has.>

Mrs. Cox knocked on the door and then opened it.

As she did, Luthor called out, "Come in, come in. Don't be shy."

As Superman started to descend the stairs, Mrs. Cox exited, closing the heavy door behind herself. Even that heavy wooden door didn't threaten him and that was the only barrier he could see between him and the outside.

As Superman neared the bottom step, Luthor picked up a bottle. After wiping the accumulated dust off, he held it up to the light and said, "They say that civilization was invented so that men could cooperate in the making of wine."

Clark was impatient to get this farce over with and in a gruff tone asked, "You went to some lengths to call me, what do you want, Luthor?"

Luthor, at his most urbane, spread his hands and replied, "A favor."

Superman snickered and replied, "From me? You must be joking."

Luthor, as if trying to appease his guest, said, "Hear me out."

Superman didn't respond verbally, he simply crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Luthor.

Luthor tried to be ingratiating, "My fiancée, Lois Lane, should be deliriously happy at the prospect of our forthcoming wedding. Unfortunately, she is not. She misses her friends from the Daily Planet. Especially, her former husband, Clark Kent.

Clark was gratified to see just how well they had performed their deception; Luthor apparently had no clue as to who he was. He prompted, "So?"

Luthor spread his arms once again as if to display his vulnerability in the presence of Superman's power and said, "So, you and Clark were friends and you are also a friend of Lois's."

Superman replied, "I'm not following," as he moved a couple of steps deeper into the cellar.

Luthor was happy to see that Superman was in fact following, following his movements deeper into the cellar and away from the steps. He was almost where he wanted him so he baited him further, "I'm asking you, in view of the recent death of Clark Kent to come to the wedding as a friend of Lois's."

While Clark considered his answer, Luthor moved over to another vat in the cellar. Superman took a few paces in that direction, following Luthor's movements as he spoke, "You live in a fantasy world, Luthor. I will never do anything to support your marriage to Lois."

Satisfied that Superman was where he needed him to be, Luthor leaned down and placed a glass under a spigot. As he turned the valve, he said, "I see. Then, I suppose, you're of no further use to me."

As he turned the spigot a switch was actuated that released a catch. That catch was the only thing holding the cage suspended above the false ceiling. The cage fell through the false ceiling like the tissue paper it was constructed from. As soon as it broke through, the Kryptonite that the bars were coated with was no longer blocked by the lead paint that the tissue paper had been painted with and Superman could feel the effects. He was caught off guard and before he could even attempt to flee, he could feel his powers deserting him. By the time the cage clanged to the floor, Superman could barely stand.

Superman put up a brave front, trying to bluff, "Bars won't hold me, Luthor."

Luthor smirked and said, "Oh? I think these will."

In a brave show, Superman move close to the bars, but as he did so they sapped his strength even more than when he was in the center of the cage and he had to flinch back.

Luthor actuated a switch which dimmed the lights in the cellar. Once the overhead lights died the cellar was lit only by an eerie green glow coming from the paint on the bars of the cage.

Superman had been becoming weaker as time and the exposure went along and he finally could no longer stand, collapsing to one knee in the center of the cage.

Luthor taunted the fallen hero, "A fantasy world? Perhaps. But it's all about to come true. Once you have been sufficiently weakened, perhaps immediately after the wedding, I'll have you dissected to find out what makes you tick and if I can determine the source of your powers, I'll have them duplicated in me. Then I will be the only Superman and the world will bow to me as its emperor."

Luthor turned his back on his fallen adversary and approached the stairs. As he did he said, "I'm sure that Lois will miss your presence at the wedding, but that really can't be helped. I wouldn't want you to make a scene and disrupt the festivities. She is supposed to be happy on her wedding day." Luthor had his foot on the bottom step as he turned to face Superman again. "Oh, and let's not forget the wedding night. I have something very special planned for my soon to be wife. What I have planned will break that stubborn will of hers. She will be subdued, by me. By the time I am through with her she will be as docile as a lioness when the lion of the pride is standing over her. She will cower and offer herself to me, unreservedly. That is what I will demand of her and she will comply. It may take some time to break her, but I will have all of the time that I need. Once she is mine, no one will question what we do or whajt I do to or with her. No one will dare. My authority over her, body and soul will be complete."

Clark choked out, "You'll never ... break her ... or control her ... soul." He thought, <Lois, what have I gotten you into?>

Luthor started to ascend the steps again. As he passed it he touched the fire ax that hung on the wall. His fingers continued to touch the ax as he turned his head and spoke again, "If I tire of the entertainment that you provide, I'll return and we will finish this conversation …"

Later that evening, both Lois and Lex were dressed in evening clothes and in the back of his limousine as they returned from an outing.

Things were at a critical stage. The wedding was just a short time away. The weather matched her mood, it was raining and Lois was simply staring out her window as they drove, lost in her own thoughts and only paying scant attention to Luthor, as if the streetlights reflecting from the wet pavement had suddenly become fascinating.

Luthor tried to make small talk, "I don't know when I've had better garlic chicken. Chef Andre deserves a raise."

Lois replied with a non-committal, "Mmmm."

He tried another sally, "And what a magnificent production of Othello. I especially liked the black and white set. Very inventive."

Lois's reply was the same as last time, a non-committal, "Mmmm."

By this time, Luthor had shifted his position so that he was looking at Lois. He could see that she wasn't paying him any attention so he tried something else, "You know, Shakespeare didn't write Othello. It was actually written by Dr. Seuss."

Again, Lois's reply was the same, a non-committal, "Mmmm."

Taking her hand to get her attention, Luthor said, "Lois, am I boring you?"

Lois realized what she was doing, obsessing over the investigation and wondering if they would be finished on time, but she couldn't say that to Luthor so thinking rapidly, she came up with an excuse he would accept, "What? No, of course not. I'm sorry. All I can think about is that enormous stack of RSVP's on my desk." She shrugged and added, "Minus a few."

"Who is missing?"

"Some of my old friends from the Planet."

In an apparent non-sequitur, Luthor said, "Propinquity."

Lois was caught off guard, "What?

Luthor chuckled and said, "I thought you knew words. Propinquity. A relationship based on convenience. You work in a particular place, shop in certain stores, become attached to the people that surround you. But, when you move on, the relationships end." He smiled an I-told-you-so smile and added, "That's what you have to do, Lois. Move on. It's not fair to you ... or to me. How about your family?"

"Lucy has been helping me plan so she'll be there. My dad is flying in. If my mom can stay sober long enough she'll be there as well."

Trying to placate her, Luthor proposed, "After the honeymoon, I promise you we'll heal all old wounds."

Lois was curious, she and Clark had their island getaway, but she wondered where Luthor planned to take her, if they were actually getting married, that is. It would be nice to know. If he told her she could mention it to Clark and maybe they could go, so she prodded, "You still won't tell me where we're going?"

In a teasing tone, Luthor replied, "No." he thought, <"If I told you, you would cancel the wedding and I can't have that.">

Lois asked, "Not even a hint?"

Luthor smirked and replied, "Clothing is optional."

Lois laughed, but not for the reason that Luthor assumed. Lois was laughing because that was how it was when she and Clark visited their island and she couldn't wait to get back there, with him. She was still investigating and thought that she might be able to catch him in an unguarded moment, "Lex ... when the Planet was destroyed, you lost quite a bit of money, didn't you?" The last time she had seen Clark he had told her about the insurance and she wanted to see just how far Lex would carry the deception.

He revealed just how far as he answered, "Yes, but I have wide shoulders and deep pockets."

Lois followed up with, "But, I mean it wasn't a total loss. There was insurance."

Lex continued to prevaricate, "Several policies. Unfortunately, not enough to justify reconstruction." Lois became apprehensive as he paused and asked, "Why the sudden concern?"

Lois had to come up with a good reason and thought that she had hit on one, "Because I can't help but feel that your buying the Planet in the first place had something to do with me."

She felt some relief and that she had hit on a good tactic as he replied, "It did. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I bought the Planet in a desperate, lovesick attempt to bring us closer together, to bring my life in tune with yours. Ironically, it wasn't necessary: here we are together. Our love was too strong. We were meant to be together."

Lois smiled a self-satisfied smile that was at least partly hidden by the dim lighting as he partly confirmed their hypothesis. She thought, <Let him live in his dream world. I must be putting on a good act if I have convinced him that I love him. Perhaps there is some wishful thinking in there.>

Clark was experiencing the most pain he had ever felt in his entire life. Every time he moved from the exact geometrical center of the cage the pain only exacerbated, thus his body was curled into as small a figure as it could be. He was a circle of pain personified. Over the physical pain that he was experiencing and even more painful was the emotional pain of the fact that he had failed Lois. Every time he tried to make a move to escape he came close to passing out. He had to think. He had to get out of this cage because Lois needed him. He couldn't fail her. If anything happened to her he would die, but if he died the things that he dreaded would happen to her. With that thought all sensibility left him and he lay unconscious on the floor of the cage. Each time he woke from his stupor it was only to renewed intensity of the pain he was experiencing.

After dropping Lois off at her apartment, Luthor returned to the penthouse. The first thing he did was to cross to the cabinet that housed his surveillance gear. Opening the doors he turned the monitor on and hit the switch for the wine cellar. He smiled when he saw the obviously unconscious Superman curled up in the fetal position in the center. Satisfied that his prisoner wasn't going anywhere he closed the cabinet, crossed to his desk and called downstairs. "Mrs. Cox?" He paused to listen. "I'm sorry I woke you. Would you like to join me for a … night cap?"

After she replied he walked toward his bedroom and started to undress. Before he finished, Mrs. Cox, wearing a filmy negligee, entered and slipped beneath the covers of the bed.

As he joined her, physically, he sighed and said, "Ah, Mrs. Cox, everything goes according to plan."

Her reply was, "More. More."

Lex smiled and as he complied he said, "Gladly."

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 07/31/15 09:30 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj