Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Queen - I meant sad as in, made me wanna cry. Sometimes, I'm okay with stuff like that, sometimes it just strikes a deep chord with me. (My twins were born through IVF, which is way more complicated than IUI, aka the one most people associate with the image of a turkey baster.) Infertility (in this case, Clark's real or imagined 8 month window) just hits me like a ton of bricks sometimes, since it dredges up my own memories of going through Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART for short). Also, it made me sad that he had to turn to Cat, of all people, to get his baby, especially given the snippy relationship she and Lois have.

But, as you said, Clark's a lunkhead. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One good reason to pick Cat and for her to agree is that she already knew that he was Superman. There have been a couple of stories where she did that.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie! Murder? Why would there be murder…? Wait, did you do something naughty to Lois? shock

There was so much he needed to talk to her about, he knew; but it was a conversation he still didn't have a clue how to start.
Maybe if he walked into her apartment fully dressed and brought a portable radio. Then, he could turn on the radio and start removing the suit and then the suit…? What’s the worst that could happen, a sexual harassment suit?

Clark Kent,” she announced, causing all of their colleagues to look up, “I'm pregnant. And you're the father.”
shock jawdrop What? Is that where the murder part is coming into play?

Once she was seated and he had shut the door, closing the blinds for good measure, he turned to face her. “What was that?” he demanded.
Oh, so he *didn’t*?
CLARK: cat

Cat shrugged. “I thought you'd be happy about the news,” she replied, casually. “It's what you wanted, isn't it?”
confused

“Thanks to you, everyone out there thinks that I—that we—”

“What?” Cat asked, grinning. “Made a baby?”
And had S-E-X! Unwed one at that. How is anyone at the senior center ever again going to trust his articles?

“Okay, Okay,” said Cat. “Maybe I should've warned you, first. But what would be the fun in that?”
Warned? confused Something is very strange here…

Cat raised an eyebrow at him. “Would you rather explain that we went to see a scientist with a turkey-baster?” she challenged.
Huh? Wait, did Clone-Clark do something naughty? Or Barry?

“It's not a turkey-baster,” Clark argued, flushing at the memory.
So, size issues, then?

She shrugged. “Point is, they'll wonder why. It's not like most guys have an eight-month window in which to become a father.”

Clark sighed. “No,” he admitted. “You're right. But, couldn't we have maybe said that *you* were desperate for a baby?”
Huh, what? They…Dr. Klein…she…what? Really? What…? thud

She shrugged. “Point is, they'll wonder why. It's not like most guys have an eight-month window in which to become a father.”
Oh, 8 months and that’s it? Really? Clark!

“We say we had a fling, something happened from it, and now you get to be the gentleman who did the noble thing by taking responsibility.
yeah, plus Lois will so go for this. Uh-huh.

And,” she grinned wickedly, “You'll get a few extra points with the guys around the office.”
RALPH: Way to go, man. Most guys only catch something they need penicillin for from her. You got an entire human being!
[Linked Image]
RALH: So, not funny?

“And you know,” she added, “if you ever need a break from barking up that tree, my window is always open.”
Uh-huh. Since they already made the baby. Why didn’t she, you know, demand that they do it naturally?

The End...?
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

That was completely out of the left field. Well…I guess I should have expected it, given it’s one of yours, but still, completely out of the left field clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard