Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I'm writing this challenge with Groobie in mind, but I suspect just about anyone probably could pick it up.

I got to thinking about how the wedding ring was used as a talismen for Clark to grasp onto emotionally and keep him tethered to Earth. How did that happen? What about the ring itself caused it to be what kept him on Earth. I kind of want to see White magic (and sex magic in particular) to help him keep Baron's magic at bay. What do you guys think?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Sex magic, eh...and you thought of me? wink I'll take it as a compliment. laugh That's a tough challenge though...Never on Sunday may be my absolutely most hated episode! It has everything I loathe - subtly racist/certainly stereotypical characters, voodoo magic, over-the-top wedding planner encountering male-who-seems-to-want-nothing-to-do-with-wedding-plans, Lois spinelessly caving to her overbearing mother's demands, Star <<shudder>>...ugh, I loathe Star!. I'll think about it, though...maybe I'll come up with a naughty way to find something redeemable about that episode. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I'll have to rewatch it. I personally love Star (and I could see her being able to be the catalyst on helping Lois understand what needs to happen.) I didn't actually remember Star being a part of it.

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, I broke out my dvds tonight. I appreciated the glimpse of Clark's bare chest but had to fast forward through just about everything else. The kiss on the balcony, though...that I can work with! laugh Give me a few days and you'll get your story, but it will definitely be on the naughty side of the boards! devil

BTW, I had blocked Super Mann from my memory. Surely that is my most hated episode! Nazis??!! Really??!! mad

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
But the toe the line there so very, VERY badly in SuperMann! They got so very close to consummating that I think I groan when I watch that scene these days.

I think the only stories where there isn't a redeeming romantic moment are from the AAArrgch! I despise parts of Virtually Destroyed for the exact same reason as you do SuperMann. My husband does computer science/works on databases and that one has had the most cringe-worthy stuff on the stereotypical computer guy.

Kerth
Kerth
I agree with you both, SuperMann was awful. But, golly, I can never watch after Jimmy shows up to interrupt them without busting a gut laughing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the script, and was probably Dean and Justin messing around, but as they're all standing at the door, Clark zips up his pants and Jimmy's eyebrows shoot up thoughtfully. Still hard to believe they got that one past the censors, but I bless them for it. thumbsup

To me, personally, it's almost pointless to take any of the shenanigans that passed for A-plot on the show seriously. Especially after the first two seasons, when the writing was vastly different in both quality and attention to detail. If I stop to think about what they did to my show too much, I'd just start weeping...

What keeps me thinking about the show after all these years is the chemistry between the leads and the possibilities that were hinted at, but never fully realized. Thank goodness for fanfic, the way to retroactively fix what got broken. wink

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
"Sex Magic" is now up on the nfic side of the boards. devil

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard