When I recently re-watched Operation Blackout, I noticed this line:
Originally Posted by OP Script
LOIS: Clark, it's Ryan Wiley! I went to college with him! He was a computer engineer at Fort Truman! (for emphasis) Where he died... a year ago!

CLARK: Ohhhh, he's a ghost... Well, why didn't you say that in the first place?

LOIS: Is that supposed to be sarcasm?

CLARK: I wasn't clear enough?

LOIS: He dated a very close friend of mine in college. They were engaged to be married. So I think I would know what he looks like and I'm telling you... this is Ryan!

Lois never says how she learned of Ryan's death. What if what if Jimmy (wasn't he born at Truman?) hears of it. He's the type who would hear through the grapevine that a computer engineer has died and that it has to do with the Hawkeye Satellite. If Jimmy informs Perry and/or Clark, and Lois happens to casually mention (not really caring) that she knew him because he dated her friend from college. It sounds like a story that Perry would assign to Lois and/or Clark to investigate.

What if THIS is the major story that Lois and Clark first investigation, instead of the Messenger Explosion? (Pre-Superman's debut.)

Alternatively, you could have this be the first story that L&C investigate after becoming official partners. (Post Superman's arrival.)

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/29/15 06:33 PM. Reason: Ryan's correct title

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.