Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also I HATE that Lois didn't speak first at the end!!! Any fanfics where she did?

Can't answer that one specifically for you, Suggs - but if you check out the TOCs list at the top of this folder, Io used to add to the reviews of each episode with a list of fanfic related to it. You might find your answer there.

Sorry I seem to be constantly plugging those TOCs... goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
I started rewatching the series and decided that I wasn't going to skip any episodes. I'm glad that I made this decision.

One thing I had forgotten is how absolutely charming Lex was and how much charisma he had. I totally understood how Lois was swept off her feet. Just on the surface, he was absolutely adorable. Of course we know that there was a lot more lurking under the surface and he was really a monster!

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Kerth
Kerth
One thing I had forgotten is how absolutely charming Lex was and how much charisma he had. I totally understood how Lois was swept off her feet. Just on the surface, he was absolutely adorable.

Yes! In particular I can see why she'd be interested in Lex from episodes like 'I've Got A Crush On You'. He's so darn charming when he shows up on her doorstep, singing "Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)". That one sticks out in my memory, as does the quiet moment they share in "Fly Hard", when Lois is lying with her head in his lap while he lists all the things that money can't buy ("brown eyes" being among them). Both those moments are sweet and rather sensual, at least enough for me to cut her a little slack. wink

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Columnist
Columnist
And such a cute sense of humour he had as well. I loved it in Fly Hard when he teased her about the two of them finally having spent the night together!

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.1 Madame Ex

A boring episode. The only interesting thing for me was Jimmy's offscreen plastic surgery and murder of Cat Grant. But seriously why did they make those cast changes? Jimmy 1 was good, and Cat was funny.

3/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.2 Wall Of Sound.

I can't put my finger on why, but I didn't enjoy this episode, though the Lois/Clark stuff was great. I really hope Season 2 has better to offer than these first two episodes indicate.

4/10.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
The only interesting thing for me was Jimmy's offscreen plastic surgery and murder of Cat Grant.

LOL! laugh

Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
2.2 Wall Of Sound.

I can't put my finger on why, but I didn't enjoy this episode, though the Lois/Clark stuff was great. I really hope Season 2 has better to offer than these first two episodes indicate.

4/10.

Really?! I just re-watched it and I loved it... Maybe because I skipped all the parts that weren't Lois-Clark banter :P The ending is cheesy though... That rose thing... Seriously?! C'mon...
I don't know what your standards are, but I find that the 2nd season is the best, maybe because it depicts the transition from friends to lovers of those two.
For the record, I am stuck with 4.02: I just can't get myself to finish the fourth season! All that syrup between the two newlyweds is so boring... :P

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.3 The Source.

Absolutely brilliant. The show is back on track again after two terrible episodes. This one was great, it really showed insight into Lois as a person and as a journalist. Also I liked the Jonathon subplot, but felt it would have been slightly better if Jonathon had given subway guy CPR after a heart attack instead of just saying that he fainted.

8/10. Where's the fanfic based on this episode?

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.4 The Prankster.

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Highlights included Lois & Clark's reactions to her college friend's success & wife, every scene with the Prankster, and Lois' meltdown. A fun watch, and Betty White's boyfriend was good in his scene too.

7/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 07/29/15 02:10 AM.
Columnist
Columnist
Betty White's boyfriend?

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by IreneD
Betty White's boyfriend?

The actor who played The Prankster's father also played Betty White's character Rose's boyfriend on Golden Girls. Sorry for the confusion.

Columnist
Columnist
Ah, okay. Thanks for filling me in.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.5 Church Of Metropolis.

A really good episode, everything with Lois, Clark, Jimmy, Perry, Mayson and their respective actors was great. It was good story, well directed, just perfect. The only flaw for me was Bill Church and Uncle Mike being actors so associated with other things. I had a little trouble getting past Frank Barone as head of an international crime syndicate, but that soon passed, same with the guy from Gremlins being Lois's uncle. I also found it a little weird that Lois worked out that Superman was The Cop, but still can't figure out that he's really Clark. The flying dancing bit at the end was beautiful.

8/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.6 Operation Blackout.

A good episode. I liked especially the bits with Lois on the flagpole, Andy, ah, who am I kidding I liked it all except the stupid villains. It was a really fun episode but I think it's A Plot would have even more relevance today.

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.7 That Old Gang Of Mine.

A near perfect episode. The only flaws being the poor casting of Al Capone looks wise, the weirdness of the fact that Lois & Hamilton's rescue depended on Lois' beeper being the only one in Metropolis, and why oh why bring criminals back from the dead instead of say Gandhi, John Lennon or Elvis? The effect of Clark's death was brilliantly played by Teri, Justin and Lane. As I said, a nearly perfect episode. The only reason I mentioned the flaws above was because they stood out so much because of the quality of everything else. Best of the season so far.

9/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 08/01/15 10:53 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.8 A Bolt From The Blue.

A good episode with a good idea behind it, and some good humorous moments. Well acted and written. I'm sorry but I don't have much to say about this one. Are there any fanfics about SuperMouse? (Maybe it's the secret origin of Mighty Mouse).

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.9 Season's Greedings.

A great episode, brilliantly written and acted. I thought it was very funny mainly Clark's reaction to Perry's threat to send him to the darkroom and his vacuuming of the M&Ms. I also thought it was very moving with the little girl Danielle and Lois' Christmas B plot. The Toyman made a relatively believable villain, a good change from the usual bad guys on this show who never repent. I'd like if he came back, but if I remember rightly, he doesn't.

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.10 Metallo.

A really good episode with a good comic book villain who was well written and acted well. I enjoyed seeing Lucy again, although I guess she got the same plastic surgery as Jimmy since she looks so different now. I also liked the oatmeal bit, it was funny. Jimmy was given a bit more to do which I liked. Overall, a fun episode, well written, well acted. I especially thought Teri Hatcher did a good job with this one.

8/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.11 Chi Of Steel.

The Smart Kids of season 2. This one just didn't interest me at all for some reason, although after seeing her endure all the sexism earlier in the episode, it was satisfying when Lois kicked the gun out of Generic Chinese Villain's hand, and I was amused by the Jonathan's Chinese food bit.

3/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
2.12 The Eyes Have It.

I thought this episode was very respectful in the way it showed a disabled Superman (sadly we'd be seeing more of, but we didn't know that that) and also of the disabled in general. The villains were way too generic though. I'm guessing this episode won't make sense in future of the show as Lois will probably not be randomly spouting random knowledge. All in all, a really good episode.

7/10.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard