Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
To make up for the first short post and for the length of time since the last one, I'm posting two now.

Still twisting the screws tighter. devil

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
What a world! Lucy packs heat, too?! Her easy acceptance of Lois' handgun is almost as troublesome as Lois' back story. Thanks for the two parts...that was a treat. Ready to read more!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
If you recall Perry's mayoral press conference in the alt-world, there was a lot of shooting into the air that day. And while it was dramatically necessary, I hate it when people do stupid stuff like that. Unless you fire absolutely straight up, the bullet still has ballistic energy when it comes down. If it hits a person, it can penetrate with enough force to kill.

And I wouldn't call Lucy's reaction "easy acceptance." She braced Lois about carrying in her apartment, and she did say that she doesn't take the rifle with her everywhere she goes now. There will be more about the state of this armed society soon.

Speaking of soon, another chapter is coming up.

Last edited by Terry Leatherwood; 07/28/15 01:53 AM. Reason: spell FDK correctly

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard