Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yippee! I actually made my deadline, with only an hour and a half to spare. party

Hopefully all the questions have been answered! Thanks again to Scarlett Burns for letting me 'borrow' Margaret Hart!

As always comments are very much welcome.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I loved it. Although I expected the pregnancy since Jor-el kind of let the cat out of the bag to Lex back on New Krypton.

One of the things I love about your treatment of Lois and Clark is the involvement of others in their lives. Too often they are separated or isolated by either their own fears of discovery (Clark especially) or their heavy work schedule to the point that the only social involvement they have are with the Planet staff and Clark's parents. I truly enjoy stories where they have more regular lives with a relatively large number of friends and in this case a larger family. It just makes the stories and their relationship seem more realistic and less comic book.

Nice wrap up to the 'Visitor' series, although I could see a number of sequels if you ever got the itch...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

I am happy to have had a hand in helping with your stories. It is always a pleasure working with you.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
A very sweet wrap up to this story line. love

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
A wonderful ending to a wonderful story!

They entered Napier Avenue; it was a special street for both of them; a bookstore, yarn shop and most of all her Uncle’s wonderful restaurant which sat prominently on the corner of Napier and Thirty-Third Street. Located on the cusp of what was once known as Suicide Slope, the street was the heart of a neighborhood renaissance.
This reminds me of a shop called The Last Bookstore in L.A., which has old books, new books, a yarn shop, and is not far from Skid Row. I don't suppose you've ever been there, have you?

“Hello Margaret,” Clark said, “How goes the literary world’s latest star?”

Her brown eyes darted around the store, hoping that no one had heard Clark’s statement, than settled back on her latest customers. “Shh! The book isn’t out yet!”

“Yeah, but a mystery novel about a bookstore owner who does amateur sleuthing is right up your alley! Everyone should hear about it!” Lois said, giving her friend a mischievous wink.

She fluttered her hands as if to dismiss the fact that her long time dream of being a published author would soon become a reality. She bowed her gray head and said, quietly, “Maybe next month ... I don’t want to be too noisy about it. Let’s just see what the reading public thinks of the story and leave it at that.”
Cozies are fun to read. (And it never hurts to have publicity when publishing a book, especially for a new author.)

A thoughtful expression crossed Clark features, “Has she spotted that new superhero, The Flash?”

“Not yet, but she’s certain her friend, Iris West, can get her a brief interview, hopefully it’ll be soon. Perry is ready to pull the plug on that assignment. Hmm, husband, maybe we should have gone out there ourselves? You know, talk to this guy, superhero to superhero.”
I'm assuming Iris knows who The Flash is at this point, so ... yeah, she sure could get Diane an interview with him!

Grace took the paper, nodded and started checking the wall of black shelves that held the yarn. While she looked, Lois and Clark wandered around the store, marveling at the various types of yarn. Shortly, Grace returned holding four skeins of rich blue yarn. “This is what your friend is looking for in the worsted weight and dye lot she wanted. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product, this particular yarn feels delicious and each stitch will have great definition.”

“Hearing the different terms regarding yarn weight, colors and what about all those pointy needles and tricky maneuvers? It all sounds so confusing!” Lois said, shaking her head.
I'm sending this story to my mother. She loves knitting and though she isn't into fanfic, she'd like this part.

Lois snickered and then gave her husband a sweet kiss on the lips, they were both thinking about that amazing wedding night they spent in his old apartment and afterwards the thrilling week in Hawaii.
Much better than how it was done in canon!

“Baked on the premises?” Lois and Clark said together. They looked at each other and laughed.

Mike gave his niece and her husband a funny look and said, “Say, you two are beginning to know my restaurant better than me! Nunzio’s Aunt Kathleen does all the bread baking now. Wait until you taste it! Let me leave you so you can decide what you want.”
Married minds think alike! (My parents have been married almost 43 years, and they talk like that frequently.)

With infinite care, Lois reached into the two bags, one from each of the stores they just visited. Then handed over two packages he had never seen. “Go ahead, open them.”

Clark reached into the Book Nook bag and removed a large oblong blue covered paperback entitled, Knits for Newborns.

Flipping through the pages, each one populated with pictures of brightly colored blankets, hats and sweet little rompers in tiny sizes. He pulled his eyes away from the book and looked at a beaming Lois, who held the other bag in her hands. Without saying a word he opened the second package and pulled out its contents.

Three balls of green yarn, soft as a kiss and substantial as a hug – baby yarn, courtesy of Rhapsody Knits.

“Lois, honey, what … what does this mean?” His voice was shaking from hope and expectation.
Awww ...

A pair of dark brown eyes opened wide in surprise and disbelief. “Pregnant? Are you sure? How?”
rotflol

“No, apparently my Terran/Kryptonian biology will make this pregnancy a bit of a challenge. As usual, we are in uncharted waters here. It is a good possibility I *might* be pregnant for eleven months.”
Eleven months?! Ouch.

A myriad of thoughts ran through his mind as he held Lois’ body in a hug. Chiefly he reflected about what a strange, yet perfect year it had been.

Who in their wildest imaginings could have considered that everything had began with a kryptonite bullet striking him down at Abrihet’s lecture?

He was reunited with his biological father and in the process had gained not only an extended family, but a greater understanding of the Kryptonian culture. All those terrible, blank spaces he had wondered about as a child had been neatly, yes lovingly filled, giving him a greater knowledge of who he was.

Superman’s greatest enemy was no longer a threat; vanquished from planet Earth to New Krypton, to live out the rest of his days as a provisional member of that society. Knowing his father, if Lex did anything to endanger the people of New Krypton the action would have grave consequences for him.

One of his closest friends had married a talented woman scientist, one who was up to the task of being Bernie Klein’s wife. Standing with Bernie has he exchanged vows with Abrihet made him extremely happy and content; it was so good to have friends and family, ones to share life’s joys.

Now the final piece to an intricate puzzle had fallen into place.

Lois was carrying his child. As usual, she was right, these *were* uncharted waters, but together as husband and wife, best friends and lovers they could face this challenge together.

He smiled in anticipation, eager for the challenge to begin.
Simply beautiful.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved the Bookstore name. My Grandfather-in-Law ran a bookstore in the 100 block of Colorado Blvd in Pasadena, CA from the 30's until the 80's just before his passing at the age of 94. The store was The Book Nook and it was similar in nature to the store you describe. He had his loyal customers who would come to him to try and find unusual books. The funny thing about that block of Colorado was that the building he was in had basement storage running the entire block under the building and accessible from a hallway running the entire length of the block. Anyway none of the other tenants used the storage so Granddad used the entire block worth of storage for his 'treasures'. Boy was there a lot of stuff down there...

The memories this brings back of helping him dig through all of that looking for something a customer wanted. "I know it is here somewhere" was his mantra...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love it: it's a very sweet ending.

And I'd like to visit this bookstore, before going to Uncle Mike's Cafe, of course! I love books ... and chocolate!

Besides, I have it on good authority he’s made a batch of chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing. Talk about heaven!

May I have one of these, please?

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

One of the things I love about your treatment of Lois and Clark is the involvement of others in their lives. Too often they are separated or isolated by either their own fears of discovery (Clark especially) or their heavy work schedule to the point that the only social involvement they have are with the Planet staff and Clark's parents.

LnC's isolation from other people is something I worked hard to avoid in all my stories. The Bullpen has a greater population and our favorite reporting duo have other relationships outside of each other. True it was hard to have friends running on and off the show due to budget constraints, but having more characters around fills in the background of their busy lives.

Nice wrap up to the 'Visitor' series, although I could see a number of sequels if you ever got the itch...

LOL! Remember Lex said that to Miranda! rotflol

But seriously, I will never say never again.

I loved the Bookstore name. My Grandfather-in-Law ran a bookstore in the 100 block of Colorado Blvd in Pasadena, CA from the 30's until the 80's just before his passing at the age of 94. The store was The Book Nook and it was similar in nature to the store you describe. He had his loyal customers who would come to him to try and find unusual books.

Your Grandfather's store sounds like a place I could happily get lost in. So glad I could encourage some memories. Yeah, Lois and Clark should be on good terms with someone who owns a bookstore. The name of the store is from Scarlett Burns lovely story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

This reminds me of a shop called The Last Bookstore in L.A., which has old books, new books, a yarn shop, and is not far from Skid Row. I don't suppose you've ever been there, have you?

Sorry to say I have only been to California to change planes. frown But this store sounds amazing! My poor husband would have to restrain me from going into the yarn shop.

Cozies
huh

Quote:
Grace took the paper, nodded and started checking the wall of black shelves that held the yarn. While she looked, Lois and Clark wandered around the store, marveling at the various types of yarn. Shortly, Grace returned holding four skeins of rich blue yarn. “This is what your friend is looking for in the worsted weight and dye lot she wanted. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product, this particular yarn feels delicious and each stitch will have great definition.”

“Hearing the different terms regarding yarn weight, colors and what about all those pointy needles and tricky maneuvers? It all sounds so confusing!” Lois said, shaking her head.

I'm sending this story to my mother. She loves knitting and though she isn't into fanfic, she'd like this part.

Oh thank you! What a kind thing to say! Actually, Rhapsody Knits is based on three different yarn shops. I took one element from each and combined them to create this warm and cozy place for knitters. It is the kind of shop I would love to frequent. Have her read Cafe Americana if she wants to further acquaint herself with Grace and her shop.

Last edited by Morgana; 07/16/15 10:27 PM. Reason: Add a link

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
AnnieB

Sorry to say I have only been to California to change planes. frown But this store sounds amazing! My poor husband would have to restrain me from going into the yarn shop.
It's actually not too far from Union Station, which is readily accessible from LAX. Definitely worth checking out if you're waiting for a connecting flight.

Cozies
huh
Definition of a Cozy Mystery

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KenJ

I am happy to have had a hand in helping with your stories. It is always a pleasure working with you.

Right back at you Ken! So glad this did not take years to complete!

Groobie

A very sweet wrap up to this story line.

These stories were all written with the idea of being sweet, enjoyable and of course with a touch of Romance! Thanks so much for reading!

Sydney

I love it: it's a very sweet ending.

And I'd like to visit this bookstore, before going to Uncle Mike's Cafe, of course! I love books ... and chocolate!

Quote:
Besides, I have it on good authority he’s made a batch of chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing. Talk about heaven!

May I have one of these, please?

Apparently many FoLC's have a favorite bookstore or local yarn shop they have fond memories of. I'm so glad this little story has helped to jump start a number of good memories. Summer is the perfect time to sit on a swing or at the beach with a good book (or if you are like me with a small knitting project)! smile1

Ooh a chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing! Yes please!

Thank you one and all for reading and most of all commenting! hyper

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to see the ending (or not?) of this series. Though it involves Lex and Kryptonians, you have managed to make it a sweet and lovely story.

Cool reference to The Flash! grin

This story had all things that I love: books, knitting, cupcakes and chocolate! Yummy! drool

It is a good possibility I *might* be pregnant for eleven months.”

Ouch! dizzy It seems everything has its downside. Luckily Lois is super, so it shouldn’t be so hard for her.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
UltraWoman

Cool reference to The Flash! grin

This story had all things that I love: books, knitting, cupcakes and chocolate! Yummy! drool

Yeah! I am enjoying the new series very much! The characters are very realistic and warm. Love Dr. Harrison Welles! The 21st century version of Lex Luthor, cool in an eerie sort of way. As I mentioned earlier, putting little bits like that into the story make the canvas of LnC's world larger and more interesting.

Books. Knitting. Cupcakes. Chocolate. Spin Class. This writer's world (and her readers) is complete!

Thanks for sticking with me all these years Andreia! dance

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

Oh! I totally get what you mean by cozies! There is nothing better than to sit by the fire on an evening with a delicious old-fashioned mystery, absorbing each page like it was a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie dipped in milk! Yum! goofy

Last edited by Morgana; 08/03/15 02:52 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

You know, as much as I want to work on this series again, Lady Polara Lo and alt Clark are really taking up more of my attention. It is preferable to listen to a warrior woman who welds a serious sword!

But, you never know ....

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!
This is a vignette which follows A Wedding in Paris.
clap

Lois has some exciting news to tell Clark, but she wants to do it in a special way.
Aww…she’s going to get her little Pulitzer!
CLARK: We’re not naming the little floater that.

Besides, I have it on good authority he’s made a batch of chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing. Talk about heaven!”
Been smelling it from across town again?
LOIS: What? It’s chocolate!

Within a few months of her reappearance the crime rate in the surrounding vicinity had taken a sharp nosedive.
Crooks preferring to get caught by Superman, huh?
CROOK: Yeah, much less of a hit to the rep. Plus, he never actually hits us.

Hmm, husband, maybe we should have gone out there ourselves? You know, talk to this guy, superhero to superhero.”
Plus, Superman might actually be able to…well…not catch him per se, but maybe trap him?

She grew thoughtful for a moment as they walked, and then said, “I want to always give happy news in a *special* way.”
She got a lot of mischief in her, hasn’t she?
Mr. MXYSPTLK: [Linked Image]

“Great! Martha will be so impressed!”
MARTHA: Well, considering all the yarn she’s always spinning about where she’s heading off to, it’s about time she uses it for something.

“Wow, Lois Lane, Investigative reporter is really going to learn to knit? What brought this on?”
baby clothes.

“The Kleins are having a great time in Italy. They wanted to stay another week. Apparently, they didn’t get to see everything they wanted.”
Uh-huh.
BERNIE: What? It’s called research.

“Oh, why is that?” Lois queried.

Clark took his wife’s hand, squeezed it and said, “Remember our honeymoon?”
Apparently, anti-grav research.
BERNIE: I did/will invent the aircar.

Their lives were full and happy, yet this one thing had managed to elude them. But thanks to God, it would avoid them no longer.
That, and a Kryptonian metabolism.

rotflol

He smiled in anticipation, eager for the challenge to begin.
Next step: Teenage daughter. evil

Adorable epilogue!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

Gotta admit I was floored to see feedback from this story again! After all it was posted last summer. Oddly enough this is exactly what happened when 'A Lovely Smile' was originally posted. Hmmm apparently Abrihet has that effect on people. hyper

Quote:
This is a vignette which follows A Wedding in Paris.

So glad you liked the series.

Quote:
Within a few months of her reappearance the crime rate in the surrounding vicinity had taken a sharp nosedive.
Crooks preferring to get caught by Superman, huh?
CROOK: Yeah, much less of a hit to the rep. Plus, he never actually hits us.

Hey, UltraWoman has to protect her people!

Quote:

“The Kleins are having a great time in Italy. They wanted to stay another week. Apparently, they didn’t get to see everything they wanted.”
Uh-huh.
BERNIE: What? It’s called research.

Well, they are scientists and research is what they do! rotflol

Quote:
rotflol

People love that line. Who knows, Lois, it might be longer!

Thanks always for your comments Michael! wave

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

Gotta admit I was floored to see feedback from this story again! After all it was posted last summer. Oddly enough this is exactly what happened when 'A Lovely Smile' was originally posted. Hmmm
[Linked Image]

Well, they are scientists and research is what they do!
clap

People love that line. Who knows, Lois, it might be longer!
LOIS: sick

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

Those emoticons are very telling, no worries, Lois will only be eleven months pregnant, I wouldn't do that to her!

On the self-promotion side: This fic should be posted to the archives in a few weeks. There have been a few changes and additions, which should only make the story that much more enjoyable.

To all those folks who have looked at this feedback page - Thank You! None of my stories comment pages have ever been 'viewed' as much as this one! grin Please feel free to make comments of your own. As one FoLC once said; comments equal love.

wave

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

One has been bumping around in my head. I wonder about having a wedding or two on New Krypton? With a touch of business rebellion on the side? Now that might be interesting! wave But as you well know, there are two others stories which come first.

Last edited by Morgana; 07/04/17 07:06 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard