Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264716 07/11/15 12:04 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hope you enjoyed this. I didn't mean to write this follow up when I came up with The Letter, but my beta's both wanted a more positive ending. This is what my muse came up with.

But ... my muse started to work overtime ... hidden message from Chapter 1 below. Can you find it?

TOC

Watch out for alternative continuations based on the alternative endings.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely clap clap clap

I'm so glad that Lauren went for it--decided to live without regrets and learn from Lois' life. You did a fantastic job of showing Lauren's nervousness. How unsure she was, trying to figure everything out as it was happening.

Clark was caught off guard by everything, but I loved how he discovered his feelings as the chapter went on. How he came clean with himself with how much he really was attracted to Lauren. How he realized while talking to her he was able to love Lauren, separate from Lois.

Beautiful ending--enjoyed the whole story (plus The Letter) very much notworthy.

Laura
(Still trying to figure out the hidden message...)

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved the story... re the hidden message, does this mean we can expect more stories based on the same initial storyline? smile

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Loved this story and The Letter. So, does this mean that Lauren gets to live in the apartment just like she always wanted? wink
Sarah

Kerth
Kerth
I like that Clark just accepted that Lauren knew - didn't try and deny it or question how she found out. That allowed them to continue their conversation and work through their feelings. There's still quite a road for them to travel, but it's nice to see that they'll try and do it together. WAFFY ending. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks KatherineKent!

Clark will start a new bunch of memories with Lauren. Perfect ending to a sweet story. smile1

Hey, what secret message? shock

Last edited by Morgana; 07/12/15 10:33 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a sweet WAFFy ending to such a romantic tale. I'm glad Clark is finally able to live again... without regrets... without hiding his full self. Lauren may not be exactly like Lois but she's able to push Clark into action as Lois used to do.

I, too, liked how Clark slowly realizes that his affection for Lauren is for her alone, because she ISN'T Lois in so many ways.

Clark pulled his hand away suddenly, as if burned, although that was not physically possible. He should have seen this coming when she'd tried to kiss him. But the kiss itself had come as such a surprise. He'd never suspected that Lauren had a romantic interest in him. She was always so vibrant and full of energy - not counting any moments of grief, which were now less frequent than they had been. She'd never shown any signs of nervousness, or flirtation. Nothing which would have clued him in to this scenario. She'd been the perfect 'friend'.
This is a good description of how Lois treated Clark at first. It's good to see that something like love can still sneak up on Clark and hit him between the eyes before he can figure out what was happening.

Yea, for Lauren, for not holding back and for telling Clark the truth. Yea for Clark to not -- once more -- to deny his full identity to someone who clearly already knew what it was.

She'd watched The Resurrection of Al Capone...
While it had shed light on a few questions, she now understood why Aunt Lois had refused to watch it, stating that it was too far removed from the truth. Lauren could now read between the lines of that comment too. Clark Kent didn't actually die. And the scenes between Lois and Superman … well they were utter fiction.
So, what actually happened between Lois and Superman in this movie? Any implication towards impropriety would surely have resulted in a libel suit from the Superman Foundation, wouldn't it? Not to mention from Lois.

I'm so glad that Lois was able to bring Clark to the point of being able to live and love again, even if it wasn't with her. I do wonder about the secret message in Lois's letter. Was she trying to nudge her great-niece and Clark together? Or was it merely a coincidence?

What fun! clap Very enjoyable.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Can't believe I never replied to any of these. ARGH!

Originally Posted by LMA
Lovely clap clap clap

I'm so glad that Lauren went for it--decided to live without regrets and learn from Lois' life. You did a fantastic job of showing Lauren's nervousness. How unsure she was, trying to figure everything out as it was happening.
Thanks. I always find it hard to portray nervousness by actual descriptions rather than saying 'she was nervous'.

Clark was caught off guard by everything, but I loved how he discovered his feelings as the chapter went on. How he came clean with himself with how much he really was attracted to Lauren. How he realized while talking to her he was able to love Lauren, separate from Lois.
He needed to come to the realisation that Lauren was NOT Lois, and that he didn't need to worry about the ghost of Lois coming between them.

Beautiful ending--enjoyed the whole story (plus The Letter) very much notworthy.

Laura
(Still trying to figure out the hidden message...)
Someone got it....

Originally Posted by elizabeth
Loved the story... re the hidden message, does this mean we can expect more stories based on the same initial storyline? smile
Yup. This was the sequel based on the official ending. I have one in the works for each of the two alt endings. One of them is at 80% finished and the other is at 20% finished. Unfortunately I want the 20% finished one to be posted first. AND I've had inspiration for an unrelated story - which has made it to 90% finished.

Originally Posted by sarah
Loved this story and The Letter. So, does this mean that Lauren gets to live in the apartment just like she always wanted? wink
Sarah
I think we can presume that she will spend a lot of time there ... and probably even move in eventually! smile

Originally Posted by groobie
I like that Clark just accepted that Lauren knew - didn't try and deny it or question how she found out.
He's not as terrified of someone finding out as he used to be. He doesn't feel the same need to hide/run. Plus he's kind of learned his lesson - that he should have told Lois, that you should never disagree with a Lane, etc, etc.

That allowed them to continue their conversation and work through their feelings. There's still quite a road for them to travel, but it's nice to see that they'll try and do it together. WAFFY ending. smile
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Thanks KatherineKent!

Clark will start a new bunch of memories with Lauren. Perfect ending to a sweet story. smile1

Hey, what secret message? shock
Someone caught it. smile I'm writing a follow on for each of the three endings ... not just this one. I put the text in white - you need to highlight it to catch it. Spoiler tags would have been too easy. laugh

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What a sweet WAFFy ending to such a romantic tale. I'm glad Clark is finally able to live again... without regrets... without hiding his full self. Lauren may not be exactly like Lois but she's able to push Clark into action as Lois used to do.

I, too, liked how Clark slowly realizes that his affection for Lauren is for her alone, because she ISN'T Lois in so many ways.
Yes. That was important for Clark to be able to accept that this could work, and that he could love Lauren correctly.

Clark pulled his hand away suddenly, as if burned, although that was not physically possible. He should have seen this coming when she'd tried to kiss him. But the kiss itself had come as such a surprise. He'd never suspected that Lauren had a romantic interest in him. She was always so vibrant and full of energy - not counting any moments of grief, which were now less frequent than they had been. She'd never shown any signs of nervousness, or flirtation. Nothing which would have clued him in to this scenario. She'd been the perfect 'friend'.
This is a good description of how Lois treated Clark at first. It's good to see that something like love can still sneak up on Clark and hit him between the eyes before he can figure out what was happening.
Yeah. I liked the idea that, even though he knew he was feeling something for Lauren, he never suspected that she could feel that way for him.

Yea, for Lauren, for not holding back and for telling Clark the truth. Yea for Clark to not -- once more -- to deny his full identity to someone who clearly already knew what it was.
He knows there is no point in hiding once a Lane has your number.

She'd watched The Resurrection of Al Capone...
While it had shed light on a few questions, she now understood why Aunt Lois had refused to watch it, stating that it was too far removed from the truth. Lauren could now read between the lines of that comment too. Clark Kent didn't actually die. And the scenes between Lois and Superman … well they were utter fiction.
So, what actually happened between Lois and Superman in this movie? Any implication towards impropriety would surely have resulted in a libel suit from the Superman Foundation, wouldn't it? Not to mention from Lois.
There were hints of ... romance, but it was more the conversations/arguments between them that were clearly made up, because the writers wouldn't know that Clark and Superman were the same man, so the things talked about ... wouldn't make sense. For example, there was probably a scene with them both grieving, and talking about their memories of Clark, which would never have happened. And maybe when Superman captured the resurrected gangsters he said something to the effect of 'That's for killing my best friend' which again, is ridiculous.

I'm so glad that Lois was able to bring Clark to the point of being able to live and love again, even if it wasn't with her.
Yes. Lois brought him to this stage with the letter. If he hadn't taken heed of her words then ... (see alt ending 1 and it's sequel still to come).

I do wonder about the secret message in Lois's letter. Was she trying to nudge her great-niece and Clark together? Or was it merely a coincidence?
It really was just a coincidence.

What fun! clap Very enjoyable.
Thanks.

So sorry to everyone for being absent for a long time. I'm working on the other two sequels, AND another ... Hopefully one out of that lot should be done soon.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard