Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
My muse has been stingy on story plots lately, but she did give me most of the words to this filk quite freely. There were only a couple of places where I struggled with rhyme or meter.

Or, in other words: No fic, but a filk. To be precise, a FoLC filk. smile

As always, all feedback gratefully accepted.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy 4th, Lynn! Here's a link to the karaoke version of the song so people to have the tune to listen to while they read your poem. wink Beatle's Penny Lane

I could really hear the tune during the Lois Lane choruses:
Lois Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
There amidst the blue and urban skies
I float and meanwhile back
This is SO Clark Kent.

Sounds like someone is being distracted by his partner again. smile (Why can I picture Clark dancing and humming to this song, thinking these lyrics in the privacy of his apartment?)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now that was different!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, thanks for posting the link. I sometimes don't think about the fact that the younger FoLCs might not know such a famous Beatles song. (After all, I know the more famous songs of my parents' generation.)

Morgana, I hope it was different in a good way.

Thank you both for leaving feedback.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome--I loved this, Lynn! hyper notworthy hyper

I (also) was picturing Clark alone, at his apartment, daydreaming about Lois and thinking this up.

The wording, really, you captured the 'sound' of the song, but the 'essence' that is the show. As I was reading, each time you really nailed a section, I was grinning ear to ear.

I really like poetry/lyrics, 'playing' with words (in fact, still, my only writing I've ever posted/archived was a poem--must remedy this and get my current story finally finished, argh wallbash). I enjoyed how different and creative this piece was--give a high five to your muse for me smile.

Thanks for sharing--really wonderful job. I've always loved this song...(but will now think of it in relation to L&C wink ).
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/06/15 01:16 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Laura, your feedback made my day. Thank you. smile

The wording, really, you captured the 'sound' of the song, but the 'essence' that is the show.
I'm delighted that you wrote this, since that was precisely what I was aiming for. My goal had been to change the lyrics as little as possible while L&C-ifying them.

must remedy this and get my current story finally finished
Anything we can do to bribe your muse? If your muse is anything like mine, nagging won't work -- as you can see from my quirky story With Apologies to Female Hawk. Unfortunately, bribery doesn't work on my muse, either...

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness, Lynn smile! Thanks so much for linking to your story, 'With Apologies to Female Hawk'. I had never read it--loved it--and am still chuckling over it. Awesome job clap.

I very much enjoyed the term 'L&C-ifying'--have to remember that one thumbsup. And yes, that was totally what you did with this piece (and what made me really love it so much wink ).

Not sure what to do about my muse...she seems to disappear (oddly) when I have free time and appear at the worst times possible. No idea why that is wallbash, but that seems to be the trend. We're still sorta getting acquainted though--it's her first actual 'story'--so maybe she's still figuring out how this process works grin.

Again--really enjoyed this piece, Lynn hyper
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/06/15 10:52 PM.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Laura,

Glad you liked "With Apologies to Female Hawk." As you can probably tell, I was in a really bizarre mood when I wrote it, but it was probably the story that came easiest to me; it practically wrote itself. (Rather ironic, that, given the subject matter...)

Your muse's behaviour makes sense to me. When you are under a lot of stress, there's a part of you that probably wants to escape from it all. And one thing about L&C -- it is an excellent means of escaping one's day-to-day stresses. I find that the same thing happens to me sometimes.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Totally agree, Lynn...day to day I tend to relax by coming here, reading stories. It's my go-to way to 'escape', especially when I am stressed.

I guess my muse is just following my lead wink. Great point!

Laura

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard