Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The other half of the story. Enjoy! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, you made that so real.

I suspect most of us had figured (or suspected) that Father Paul had figured out the secret. The way you conveyed the emotion between the two was outstanding. The dialog and the pacing was excellent. Of course you know I love these types of stories the best. The character driven, honest emotion type of stories were what Deborah Joy Levine was targeting when she penned the original Lois and Clark (at least that was what she said in an interview I heard last year). To me that type of story is the essence of Lois and Clark and these two stories are great examples of that.

Thank you for writing them.

Mike

(You may get me to try Seed of Doubt yet shocked )

Last edited by Mike M; 07/07/15 04:23 AM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
These two stories were beautifully written and did a great job of showing the thoughts and feelings of both characters. I wasn't surprised that Father Paul figured out that Superman was Clark Kent, especially when you mentioned him recognizing the voice.

I went to Catholic school for 7 years, and though I never went to confession, your church descriptions brought back a lot of memories.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
Wow, you made that so real.

I suspect most of us had figured (or suspected) that Father Paul had figured out the secret. The way you conveyed the emotion between the two was outstanding. The dialog and the pacing was excellent. Of course you know I love these types of stories the best. The character driven, honest emotion type of stories were what Deborah Joy Levine was targeting when she penned the original Lois and Clark (at least that was what she said in an interview I heard last year). To me that type of story is the essence of Lois and Clark and these two stories are great examples of that.

Thank you for writing them.

Mike

(You may get me to try Seed of Doubt yet shocked )

Hi, Mike!

Glad you enjoyed the story. I knew people would wonder if Paul figured things out, but I still hope I managed to surprise at least some of the readers. smile Glad that you liked the pace - it was a bit different for me to write, being that it's such a personal, spiritual subject with harder to grasp, more abstract themes, the conflicting emotions of extreme guilt and utter relief. So, it's nice to know that you felt it was on par with the original vision for the show.

Thanks for reading. And enjoy Seed, if you decide to brave it. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
These two stories were beautifully written and did a great job of showing the thoughts and feelings of both characters. I wasn't surprised that Father Paul figured out that Superman was Clark Kent, especially when you mentioned him recognizing the voice.

I went to Catholic school for 7 years, and though I never went to confession, your church descriptions brought back a lot of memories.

Thanks, Annie!

Glad you enjoyed them. I did throw in the bit about recognizing the voice to make people think. Did he recognize it as belonging to Clark at first? Or did he recognize it as Superman, and wonder why the man was there?

Believe it or not, I went to Catholic school K-8, then a Catholic high school, then a Jesuit-run college.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper notworthy clap

I really enjoyed this companion piece, DC. It was every bit as great as Clark's version, but really unique with the Father's perspective. I assumed that Father Paul had figured out that Clark was Superman--Smallville isn't all that big, if Clark had grown up in his church I figured he'd put it all together somehow, someway. Being his voice made perfect sense.

I loved how happy the Father was to know that Superman IS Clark Kent. How he gained reassurance from this. Pride also from this.

Written wonderfully dance
Laura

And Mike--if you choose, definitely check out 'Seed of Doubt' thumbsup. I've been reading from the get-go, and have completely loved it. After 25 chapters, it's become a bit of a ritual, looking forward to it each week grin.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
hyper notworthy clap

I really enjoyed this companion piece, DC. It was every bit as great as Clark's version, but really unique with the Father's perspective. I assumed that Father Paul had figured out that Clark was Superman--Smallville isn't all that big, if Clark had grown up in his church I figured he'd put it all together somehow, someway. Being his voice made perfect sense.

I loved how happy the Father was to know that Superman IS Clark Kent. How he gained reassurance from this. Pride also from this.

Written wonderfully dance
Laura

And Mike--if you choose, definitely check out 'Seed of Doubt' thumbsup. I've been reading from the get-go, and have completely loved it. After 25 chapters, it's become a bit of a ritual, looking forward to it each week grin.

Thanks for the high praise (on both stories!).

I suppose in the real world, in a small town like Clark's, everyone would know just about everything about everyone. But I thought for this one, at least, it would be more fun if we get to see the moment where it all comes together for the already shocked Father Paul.

I think a man like him would be extremely proud that one of his own (so to speak) had grown up so well. He'd know just how trustworthy the hero really could be.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Good companion piece. smile I'm sure Clark's secret is safe with the priest. Clark needs someone to talk to when things go bad, and since he doesn't have Lois, Father Paul would be a good emotional resource for him.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Good companion piece. smile I'm sure Clark's secret is safe with the priest. Clark needs someone to talk to when things go bad, and since he doesn't have Lois, Father Paul would be a good emotional resource for him.

Thank you. Glad you liked this half. Clark's secret is totally safe, and at least he has a new outlet - someone else to talk to when things get rough. Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard