Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

I'm back... Sorry I took a few more days than I intended, the kids got sick frown

Anyway, hope you enjoy the story. There was a lot going on in Madame Ex, but it always seemed to me that Clark's feelings kind of got shoved to the side- even by him.

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey wave

Hope the kids are feeling better?

I totally agree--it did seem like Clark's feelings got shoved aside in this episode. He has guilt over not being able to save Lex (even after almost getting killed by him), but he couldn't save Lex because of Lex. The evil scheming that was aimed towards Clark technically prevented Clark from being able to rescue Lex in the end.

Clark, having survived the ordeal, then has to carry the burden of everything. It's so unfair.

Like you pointed out though, at least Lois was on Superman's side through the events of this episode. She even saves his life. I'm sure that even though Lois didn't know all about him, it was comforting to know she was there for both sides of him during this timeframe.

Great job, Feli--really enjoyed it smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
They're much better thanks, Laura smile They picked up some virus that's going around... typical winter bug.

Madame Ex is another Lois-centred episode and I guess it had to be after the end of season 1, but so many characters were affected by Luthor's crimes and his death and it feels like they got glossed over. I felt sorry for Clark... as you said, he had the burden of guilt of not being able to save Lex and then Ariana's manipulations just compounded it

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard